Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:04 PM
Default Where's your Chill spot?
So, I've been sitting at the spot in our garden where I always sit, and thought of other people and their Chill spots.
Mine exsists of a fire pit I made, a "wall" of drying bushes, a box to store wood and ofcourse 2 chairs.

Do you have a Chill spot? And where?
Your bedroom, a cozy nook in your house, the garden, or maybe even a mile or 2 from your home?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:32 PM
My current chill spot is in one corner of the couch, laptop in front of me, and everything I need (water bottle and various computer equipment) within reach.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 9:33 AM
Infront of the pc, or by the tele, actually.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 9:58 AM
I have a couple chill spots at home but the main is a room we like to call "the pigsty", because I have it full of material everywhere (brushes, papers, canvas, paints, stationery stuff, and basically art tools).
The Pigsty has also my pc on it, so is totally an essential place on my vice time.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 2:59 PM
I like to go to the beach at sunset/night time. That's my chill out spot.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:44 PM
There's this big beautiful natural space near me. If i've had a bad day I go and walk round the river and through the foresty bit and it totally chills me out.

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
#7 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 3:07 AM
I like being in front of the tv with a laptop in the living room or the basement, depending on what time it is. I like playing games on my laptop, but other times I'll play on my Xbox.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Theorist
#8 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 5:16 AM
Technically in front of my computer, but that's not fair as it's the location where I spend most of my days. And I don't really chill that much.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Technically in front of my computer, but that's not fair as it's the location where I spend most of my days. And I don't really chill that much.

What does it mean to chill anyway? I sit here by my computer and listen to someone walking along the street now at 12 in the morning, or in the evening everything from a couple of junks arguing about something not even worth remembering, a guy singing loadly in a language I don't know, or like the other day some people having a very load and worrying arguement in another language I don't understand, and then it's cars ... lots of cars driving quite slow. I can also look at the nabour across the street with a planter on the balcony fence, and 2 vietnamese lanterns. Another family has decided to use the balcony as a dumping ground for big black waste bags. There is always something happening here, and I love it. It's equally expensive to live here though, but then I'm only renting. When I can't afford it, I can just find somewhere else.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Chill (in the America English) means to like relax and be in moment of no stress @Volvenom

Where you live sounds awful but somehow entertaining.

I wasn't that far off then. I hate living in places where nothing happens. I rather prefer places where lots happens without me having to be a part of it. Beats the tele most of the time.
Theorist
#11 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:14 AM
Any empty parking lot. I like to pretend that the outside street is a stream and the parking bumps are logs.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:16 AM
My room, where I work on video production, game development and taking in a show (Currently fond of Dana Carvey's Squatting Monkeys Tells No Lies, his take on injury in mundane tasks in the getting old category.)

I recently been packing in things in my room. I really don't want to move away.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:13 PM
My cosy bed
Scholar
#14 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:22 PM
My agreement is about beds in general. I don't know your bed.
Also I like that one particular spot on the floor in the tv room cos wifi.
Theorist
#15 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:55 PM
I don't chill, ever, because I don't know what it's like to not have stress.
Although I would say my bed is the closest place, because it's where I go to cry myself to sleep when my worries overwhelm.
In the winter, however, my favorite spot is on the floor in the computer room. I will use a king size bed sheet and cover the heater vent when it's running, and it'll puff up full of warm air like a heat tent. Then I'll lay on my back inside it with just my head sticking out while the warm air blows past the edge of the sheet and over my face, like a warm caress on my cheeks. I find it to be very calming and often fall asleep. Unfortunately, it can only be done in the cold wintertime.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 6:38 PM
In my bed, on my laptop.
Theorist
#17 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmer4Life34
In my bed, on my laptop.

Your laptop must be pretty rugged. I don't even let my cats on laptops else they flex bits too much.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 2:10 AM
On my bed, or on my pillow on the floor.
Alchemist
#19 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:02 AM
We moved from our dinky ground-level, way-unsafe apartment to a senior housing complex that's actually much better built, and we're on the 6th floor (So I don't have to worry about freaks busting in my window at bullshit o'clock at night). My chill spot has become near the balcony door. It overlooks the city that lays to our south, but it's so nice to look at, especially at night. I can sit there and stare for hours. I live in a "tree city", so it looks like a sea of trees with the occasional building, and it's really different compared to what I was used to at the old place. It's nice, though. I like watching the lights of houses from miles away twinkle in the dark. (We can't see any but the brightest stars where I live, because of all the light pollution from the city.)
I'm probably "easily impressed", but I always marvel at how far away those houses are, and yet I can see their lights.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 9:46 PM
My room.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:20 AM
I have a big ol' recliner I sit Indian-style in and read. Used to be a tree outside, but I've gotten several new neighbors in the last year: the people next door have several huge dogs who like to bark, and the people across the street have several medium-sized kids who like to yell. :p
Mad Poster
#22 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 1:25 PM
In the car after a long day at work... Maybe with a cigarette or not.. Depends on what mood I'm in

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 3:26 PM
I usually chill next to my PC... but when I'm going outside i climb the hill near my house. It has a fantastic view on my town... and I can take a peak of local towns as well. Too bad I don't have appropriate headphones to listen to music when I'm out
dodgy builder
#24 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Infront of the pc, or by the tele, actually.

I just moved to a different, much smaller place in the same house. I have more traffic and less life outside the window. I also have bed with pillows and a recliner in the same room. My chill spot is no longer by the computer I have discovered. I wonder if it will be the "sofa" or the recliner winning in the end
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 5:49 AM
Bed is my favourite, but there are others too. Truthfully I'm well provided with chill spots where I live now. My wish is for a chill spot to be delivered to New Zealand.