Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Same sim appearing twice in the lot at the same time
So uh.. the weirdest glitch has occured in my game so far...

See the guy in the bed sleeping ? That's Nervous Subject. Weird thing is.. uh... he is already standing in the room witnesing the birthday of a toddler...
Is this a deadly glitch for my game ? I've been considering moving Pascal and Nervous and Tycho to Olive's lot. Will that help ?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 7:48 PM
Probably not - the game has probably just called up a second instance of the same sim - it does do that. There aren't two versions of the sim, it's just the same sim file called twice. Doesn't usually happen on a residential lot with a resident but I should think it's ok. Delete the copy and go on and see how it goes. If you're really worried, exit without saving.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Probably not - the game has probably just called up a second instance of the same sim - it does do that. There aren't two versions of the sim, it's just the same sim file called twice. Doesn't usually happen on a residential lot with a resident but I should think it's ok. Delete the copy and go on and see how it goes. If you're really worried, exit without saving.

Wish I read that earlier... I moved the original nervous (who is pregnant) with pascal and Tycho to Olive's lot. The other copy still lives with Lazlo and Vidcund. For some odd reason they both are pregnant. I'm afraid I might corrupt the game by doing anything to pregnancies so....
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 11:32 AM
So there actually are two separate Nervouses in your game now? Because that can't possibly be a good thing. Do you have a recent backup?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
So there actually are two separate Nervouses in your game now? Because that can't possibly be a good thing. Do you have a recent backup?

No, but I switched to a different neighborhood. That won't affect the whole game, right ? (I mean the two Nervouses)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 12:59 PM
No, it can only affect the neighborhood the two Nervouses are in. This is really interesting though. What happens if one of the Nervouses gives birth? Will the other one still be pregnant? Can you test this in the interest of science?

I mean, this is Strangetown. The residents probably won't bat an eye if Nervous clones himself.

The only way to corrupt your entire game is by messing with the installation files, which is why it's generally recommended to make your objects.package read-only. If you do that, I think it's impossible to actually damage your game while playing.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:56 PM
We'd need to know if there are two actually separate sim files for the two versions. I don't think there will be a problem even if there is only one sim file since the game will update the file only when you play the relevent Nervous. Might get a few met self memories on community lots though. Personally, I'd try deleting one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 5:49 PM
The ethical questions this raises are endless though. Is Nervous' partner committing bigamy now? Is it really cheating if it's with a clone? Will the children be twins or half-siblings?

Anyways, what happened is clearly that Nervous Subject (hidden) had enough of regular Nervous stealing the spotlight while he's stuck in a few photos and an old video. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Nervous_Subject_(hidden)
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 8:06 PM
Another question- Are you playing with a 'cleaned Strangetown', or the original? If it's the original-then this glitch could be attributed to underlying corruption...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Another question- Are you playing with a 'cleaned Strangetown', or the original? If it's the original-then this glitch could be attributed to underlying corruption...

I wouldn't dare to touch the unclean neighborhoods ! I had the cleaned strangetown for over a year now, and I re-started my game very recently (deleted old game and re-installed the game from origin)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:03 PM
The ethical questions this raises are endless though. Is Nervous' partner committing bigamy now? Is it really cheating if it's with a clone? Will the children be twins or half-siblings?

Anyways, what happened is clearly that Nervous Subject (hidden) had enough of regular Nervous stealing the spotlight while he's stuck in a few photos and an old video. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Nervous_Subject_(hidden)

Lol, I've read about the hidden nervous, but no way in hell that he would ever show up. I mean hidden Skip isn't walking around in PLeasantview being all like "You thought I was dead ? Think again"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
We'd need to know if there are two actually separate sim files for the two versions. I don't think there will be a problem even if there is only one sim file since the game will update the file only when you play the relevent Nervous. Might get a few met self memories on community lots though. Personally, I'd try deleting one.

But both are pregnant ! I mean that maybe the baby will not be related to Pascal ! (Pascal is the father) it might be just like Dora and Sarah's cases
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:06 PM
No, it can only affect the neighborhood the two Nervouses are in. This is really interesting though. What happens if one of the Nervouses gives birth? Will the other one still be pregnant? Can you test this in the interest of science?

I mean, this is Strangetown. The residents probably won't bat an eye if Nervous clones himself.

The only way to corrupt your entire game is by messing with the installation files, which is why it's generally recommended to make your objects.package read-only. If you do that, I think it's impossible to actually damage your game while playing.

Lol, the only person that would care would probably be Loki and Circe being like "MORE TEST SUBJECTS !!!"
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:53 PM
Whatever happens, it shouldn't have the same problem as the Critturs and Ottomai used to get. The problem there was one associated with pregnancies started in an independent subhood - in this case, the stealth hoods. When a subhood is added to a main hood, each sim in the subhood receives a new ID number to prevent the problem of two sims having the same ID. The pregnancy controller originally was not updating properly, with the result that the wrong father was identified. The patch fixed this problem, though the patch itself has a small problem in the case of alien pregnancies, so users of the subhood version of Strangetown, The Mysterious Neighborhood Sedona, and Meadow Creek would do well to double-check that the ID number referenced by the controllers of the alien pregnancies in those neighborhoods still points to a Pollination Technician.

If I were you, I'd check to see what SimPE thinks is going on. Possibly another editing tool will also help you with this, but I'm not familiar with one. You'd load the neighborhood, open the SimBrowser, set it to show only playables so as not to confuse things with the Hidden Nervous, and arrange in name order. The SimBrowser will allow you, first, to see if it considers itself to be using two Nervouses, and second, to compare their data. You could also check the pregnancy controllers and character details one at a time, by opening their character files. This information should help you decide what to do.

Is either Nervous difficult to control and/or behaving in an aimless, self-destructive manner? The only instance I've had of the same sim called twice on a residential lot, one iteration behaved more or less normally and it was impossible to make the other do anything, including eat. So it was easy to tell which one needed to be deleted with move_objects.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:03 PM
The Sim blender has a "pregnancy scanner" option that will tell you who the father is (in addition to how long the sim has been pregnant and how many babies are expected).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Whatever happens, it shouldn't have the same problem as the Critturs and Ottomai used to get. The problem there was one associated with pregnancies started in an independent subhood - in this case, the stealth hoods. When a subhood is added to a main hood, each sim in the subhood receives a new ID number to prevent the problem of two sims having the same ID. The pregnancy controller originally was not updating properly, with the result that the wrong father was identified. The patch fixed this problem, though the patch itself has a small problem in the case of alien pregnancies, so users of the subhood version of Strangetown, The Mysterious Neighborhood Sedona, and Meadow Creek would do well to double-check that the ID number referenced by the controllers of the alien pregnancies in those neighborhoods still points to a Pollination Technician.

If I were you, I'd check to see what SimPE thinks is going on. Possibly another editing tool will also help you with this, but I'm not familiar with one. You'd load the neighborhood, open the SimBrowser, set it to show only playables so as not to confuse things with the Hidden Nervous, and arrange in name order. The SimBrowser will allow you, first, to see if it considers itself to be using two Nervouses, and second, to compare their data. You could also check the pregnancy controllers and character details one at a time, by opening their character files. This information should help you decide what to do.

Is either Nervous difficult to control and/or behaving in an aimless, self-destructive manner? The only instance I've had of the same sim called twice on a residential lot, one iteration behaved more or less normally and it was impossible to make the other do anything, including eat. So it was easy to tell which one needed to be deleted with move_objects.

I will try this now, hopefuly it will work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
The Sim blender has a "pregnancy scanner" option that will tell you who the father is (in addition to how long the sim has been pregnant and how many babies are expected).

That's not my problem. I already know that nervous is pregnant with Pascal's baby, and that he is almost 15 hours pregnant. But thanks anyway for the suggestion