Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:22 PM
Default Zodiac Sign Legacy Challenge [REVAMPED]
Heavily lifted from lifesimmer22 , I present to you the Zodiac Sign Legacy Challenge!

The original challenge was posted two and a half years ago and doesn’t get a lot of traffic. I thought it was a cool concept but seemed a little under-developed to me, in comparison with other Legacy challenges. I revamped and fleshed it out using some research so I could use it, then thought why not post it for everyone else to use?

The rules are simple! Gameplay is basic Legacy rules, which I’ll reiterate here:
  1. Your founder (in this case, Aries) must be a Young Adult and the only person in the household.
  2. Your founder will live on a bulldozed 50x50 lot. When moving in, you should be left with $10,000. If not, the lot is not eligible.
  3. Once moved in, buy the Knight of the Octagon Table costing $8,200 and keep it in your family inventory for the entire challenge. These two points are necessary to level the playing field. All players start with $1,800, the same size lot, and a price for being nobility (the hefty bill caused by the table you bought).
  4. No cheats or mods that advantage you over other people. For example, money cheats like motherlode and kaching, because someone who did not use them would have less money than someone who did. CC and casfulleditmode are both absolutely fine.
  5. No restarting! Get a bad hand? Deal it anyways.
  6. Life-span set to normal, and no bringing the dead back.

Although this Legacy is two generations longer than a usual one, it compensates with its customisability and lack of strict rules. I tend to think that it makes it more fun to have a loose challenge rather than strict goals. I have picked a toddler trait for each generation (except Aries) and four child/teen/adult traits for you to pick from. You’re supposed to pick three, but if you really dislike one of them, you can pick one different trait.
Keep in mind that these traits are based on stereotypes that I got from horoscope sites like this one and most likely will not sum you up as a person.
I mean, I’m Virgo and I’m definitely not a perfectionist, nor is my dad – a Gemini – a genius. Don’t take it seriously.

Your aspirations are up to you, though I’d suggest picking one that ties in with a part of that heir’s personality. E.g. Libra could be Friend of the World since he’s outgoing and cheerful.
My only rule is that you cannot switch aspirations until you complete the one you have chosen, so choose wisely!

When it comes to succession law, I thought I’d go by the gender of each sign, which I’ve labelled below. Luckily, following this isn’t hard as it alternates between female and male starting with Aries being male. For people who hate using males for Legacy saves, this could be a challenge.
Other than that, no appearance or achievement requirements, it just hands over once the heir is a young adult.

For optional fun, you could use the sign's colour schemes as part of their clothing, hair, and or eye colours. I’ve listed the colour schemes under each generation just in case you want to do that.
You could also use names that are inspired by the signs. E.g. Gemini = Georgie, Taurus = Tanith, etc.
Links to my research are embedded.

--------------------

GENERATION ONE
Aries – Male
Traits:
Hot Headed, Self-Assured, Ambitious, Perfectionist
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Reds, fiery oranges

GENERATION TWO
Taurus – Female
Toddler Trait:
Charmer
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Materialistic, Loves the Outdoors, Family Oriented, Romantic
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Pastel shades of pink, pale blues and greens

GENERATION THREE
Gemini – Male
Toddler Trait:
Inquisitive
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Outgoing, Self-Assured, Genius, Charismatic
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Cheerful yellows

GENERATION FOUR
Cancer – Female
Toddler Trait:
Angelic
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Family Oriented, Good, Cheerful, Noncommittal
[Family Oriented and Noncommittal will clash]
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Silvery blues and smoky greys

GENERATION FIVE
Leo – Male
Toddler Trait:
Charmer
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Self-Assured, Romantic, Materialistic, Family Oriented
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Gold, regal purples, burnt orange

GENERATION SIX
Virgo – Female
Toddler Trait:
Inquisitive
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Creative, Perfectionist, Good, Genius
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Olive greens, tans, caramel

GENERATION SEVEN
Libra – Male
Toddler Trait:
Wild
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Good, Active, Outgoing, Cheerful
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Pale shades of pink, green, blue, and purple

GENERATION EIGHT
Scorpio – Female
Toddler Trait:
Independent
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Self-Assured, Loner, Hot Headed, Ambitious
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Deep red and maroon

GENERATION NINE
Sagittarius – Male
Toddler Trait:
Silly
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Genius, Noncommittal, Outgoing, Creative
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Rich purple and dark blue

GENERATION TEN
Capricorn – Female
Toddler Trait:
Inquisitive
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Ambitious, Genius, Perfectionist, Family Oriented
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Dark grey, black, and dark brown

GENERATION ELEVEN
Aquarius – Male
Toddler Trait:
Angelic
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Outgoing, Cheerful, Good, Loner
[Outgoing and Loner will clash]
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Electric blue and turquoise

GENERATION TWELVE
Pisces – Female
Toddler Trait:
Clingy
Child/Adult/Teen Traits:
Creative, Lazy, Gloomy, Good
OPTIONAL Colour Scheme:
Ocean greens and blues

--------------------

I’d love to see pictures/videos of your Sims if you do the challenge!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me know.

Have fun!
~ Alien
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:49 AM
Thanks! I started with a guy named Arlo Zodiac and gave him the critic career.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:46 AM
Everyone is always so quick to tag Sags as noncommittal. Yes, it can take some of us a long time to settle down but once we do we commit for a lifetime. My parents were married for 26 years. My dad was a sag and when they divorced, it was against his wishes. He loved my mother enough to give her what she wanted and continued to take care of her up until his death. She lived next door to him in an apartment he found for her. He loved my mother deeply. My husband and I are both sags. We met in high school, have 6 kids and have been married for 26 years. I'm not going anywhere and neither is he. Though there are a few other sags in the family who have been divorced they were all married for well over ten years before it happened. Yes, we are smart enough to take our time to find the right one for us, but once we do, we commit.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Everyone is always so quick to tag Sags as noncommittal. Yes, it can take some of us a long time to settle down but once we do we commit for a lifetime. My parents were married for 26 years. My dad was a sag and when they divorced, it was against his wishes. He loved my mother enough to give her what she wanted and continued to take care of her up until his death. She lived next door to him in an apartment he found for her. He loved my mother deeply. My husband and I are both sags. We met in high school, have 6 kids and have been married for 26 years. I'm not going anywhere and neither is he. Though there are a few other sags in the family who have been divorced they were all married for well over ten years before it happened. Yes, we are smart enough to take our time to find the right one for us, but once we do, we commit.

Then don't use that trait? Zodiac signs aren't supposed be 100% on-point.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:50 PM
I am definitely gonna try this challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien

To quote something I said in the original post:
"Keep in mind that these traits are based on stereotypes that I got from horoscope sites and most likely will not sum you up as a person .... Don’t take it seriously. "
It's a Sims game, not real life. Calm down.

As I said, you may pick a different trait if you really don't like one.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:21 AM Last edited by sooper-shoopy : 7th Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM.
Oh man, I love this! I've been looking for a themed legacy that wasn't too strict - or expansion heavy. I hate when I find a challenge that looks interesting, and you need three expansion packs just to make the founder. XD

Anyway, I started playing this. Here's my founder!

https://imgur.com/9AI0FRj

Aside from having the same first two letters as Aries, Archie's name is short for Archibald, which means "bold" - perfect for a hot-headed, self-assured Sim like him! I honestly wasn't sure what aspiration to give him, but bodybuilder seems to suit his personality pretty well.

While at the gym, he met a townie by the name of Carlie Earl, who is now his girlfriend, soon to be wife. I don't have a picture of her at the moment, but I was pretty surprised to find that she has the grilled cheese aspiration. This is going to be fun. :P

Update:

Here's a picture of the two of them together! I gave Carlie a bit of a makeover to be more Aries-like - nothing too major, just a clothes and makeup change!

https://imgur.com/a/7DtJq
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:11 AM
Ooh nice! I think I'll do this.
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:40 AM
This is a great idea! I will so try this out
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Apr 2023 at 3:49 PM
I like that this gives some general guidelines but doesn't have any strict requirements