Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 8:32 PM Last edited by darksyngr : 10th Jul 2016 at 8:38 PM. Reason: resolved on my own
Default Lighting World Mod
I have the Clear Summer Mod to fix the in game lighting. Instructions advise to :

Copy the following files and folders and place them in your Bin folder (the folder where TS4_x64.exe is)
- ReShade.fx
- ReShade (folder)

4: Copy the following files and folders included with Clear Summer (in this download) and place them in your Bin folder, saying yes to any request to merge/replace
- d3d9.dll
- ReShade (folder)

Problem I am running into is I cannot find the bin folder. I have tried looking in my "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" folders I also tried looking in a hidden folder "Program Data" I cannot seem to find the game folder where the bin folder is located. Can anyone help?

Update: Realized I was looking for an Electronic Arts folder not Origin. Find your path by right clicking your Sims4 icon and select properties. In my case it was in Program Files x86 under the origin games folder. The bin is located in the "game" folder.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 2:15 AM
Good to know you found it. Let me know if it works for you, since I installed the legacy build and it doesn't change anything.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 3:03 AM
It worked, but unfortunately my pc is pretty old and in need of some upgrades so the program caused pretty bad lag. My PC specs are 6 GB RAM, AMD Athlon II (3.10GHz) and plenty of hard drive space. So if you have something better you might be able to use it without issue.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darksyngr
It worked, but unfortunately my pc is pretty old and in need of some upgrades so the program caused pretty bad lag. My PC specs are 6 GB RAM, AMD Athlon II (3.10GHz) and plenty of hard drive space. So if you have something better you might be able to use it without issue.

Mine's less, actually. 4 GB ram and 2.40GHz. I changed from the legacy build to the other and managed just fine. Only had time to test CAS and build-mode though.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 3:27 PM

My gaming rig choked up with Clear Summer (Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 3.8GHz and AMD R9 370 4GB GPU with 8GB RAM and 2TB HD). I have no idea why. I went back to using Height of Summer by the same person instead. Very odd that my machine hated Clear Summer when I use a pretty demanding ENB with 4K textures for Skyrim. I have a big FPS hit with Skyrim, but it's totally playable. I couldn't move the camera with Clear Summer installed in my Sims 4 game.

Anyway. You might try Height of Summer. It's very bright and pretty. Plus the older version of ReShade it uses might be more forgiving on performance for you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:08 PM
You didn't mention if your PC is SSD or your power supply. Those are two additional factors that can affect lag issues.
I will check out Height of Summer. Gonna be upgrading my dinosaur first before I try anything new. I'm already hitting the ceiling with 12+ GB of cc... yeah I know I have a problem, lol.
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:28 PM
You didn't mention if your PC is SSD or your power supply. Those are two additional factors that can affect lag issues.
I will check out Height of Summer. Gonna be upgrading my dinosaur first before I try anything new. I'm already hitting the ceiling with 12+ GB of cc... yeah I know I have a problem, lol.

In my case I have an 850 watt power supply. And I'm not using an SSD. I have about 5-6GB of CC myself. I've been trying to cut back.