Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:46 PM
Default WCIF: Custom Instruments
Sadly, I can't get Atavera's custom instrument hack to work. It clashes with too many other hacks.

Does anyone know of any custom instruments other than Atavera's? I already have the flutes from Affinity Sims.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 1:48 PM
Have you tried argon's hack? I think there are modified Atavera's custom instruments for argon's hack at MATY or somewhere.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:49 PM
I take it you mean musical instruments. Do you know about lidiqnata's harp? Julian's learning to play it. (Somehow a harp suits him.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Have you tried argon's hack? I think there are modified Atavera's custom instruments for argon's hack at MATY or somewhere.

Which hack is that?

Thanks.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 7:52 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:14 AM
Ah thanks. Unfortunately it clashes with the same hacks Atavera's one clashes with. DX
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 8:11 AM
TSM luths here: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...an-all-original
but I guess you can't use it either (Argon's mod needed).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 8:34 AM
Yeah, unfortunately not, but thanks.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 9:14 AM
Bongo drums from castaway conversions maybe? Found @ Maty or meetme2theriver
s3toS2 conversion electronic keyboards by nysha or amovtamsim
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:21 AM
Thanks all. I caved and went with Argon's hack after all, but I will definitely use these as well. I just had to remove one hack which turned out to be broken anyway and edit another.
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:06 AM
Well, since you decided to use Argon's hack:
http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...ndkerosene-more
http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...cal-instruments

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:19 AM
Here, just to tempt you, is a picture of Julian playing his harp:
He does look sweet, doesn't he? (Andrew certainly thinks so!) As usual, no shirt!

To go from the sublime to the ridiculous, there's a pipe organ (with custom sound!) here. It's really not too ridiculous: it's modular, so you can make it pretty well any size you want. I'd love to have it in St. Simeon's Parish Church in Veronaville, but, unfortunately for me, it needs Bon Voyage.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Bongo drums from castaway conversions maybe? Found @ Maty or meetme2theriver
s3toS2 conversion electronic keyboards by nysha or amovtamsim

Did anyone convert any of these to work with Argon's hack?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:03 AM
http://affinitysims.com/files/file/...layable-flutes/

Here is the playable flutes. That's all I could find.
Alchemist
#15 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 19th Sep 2017 at 3:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Did anyone convert any of these to work with Argon's hack?

I use Argon's hack in my game and I have all of those. Will double check for you when I get home.

ETA: Okay so you don't need Argon's hack for the drums and keyboards to work. I tested them with no cc, just to be sure. However, without Argon's hack, the keyboards have no sound when a sim performs either Jazz, Rock, or Country. With Argon's hack, though, performing is fixed and sound plays on both keyboards when a sim performs.

Also, the drums are here as well as in recolors by Honeywell here and neither of them say the hack is required, which is probably why my version worked without it. I will say, though, that performing on the castaway drums is just like practicing--no tip jar.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
ETA: Okay so you don't need Argon's hack for the drums and keyboards to work. I tested them with no cc, just to be sure. However, without Argon's hack, the keyboards have no sound when a sim performs either Jazz, Rock, or Country. With Argon's hack, though, performing is fixed and sound plays on both keyboards when a sim performs.

So how did you get them to work with Argon's hack?
Alchemist
#17 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
So how did you get them to work with Argon's hack?

I just put these files in my download folder. It uses a different method to make custom instruments work, which is why I switched to it, and as long as the custom instruments are cloned from the original game instruments, the mod gets the custom one to work. Make sense, I hope?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I just put these files in my download folder. It uses a different method to make custom instruments work, which is why I switched to it, and as long as the custom instruments are cloned from the original game instruments, the mod gets the custom one to work. Make sense, I hope?

Yeah, thanks. I didn't realise that the keyboards would work with it without being altered.