Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, University Life
Default TS3/ unable to open .package files within the launcher
I went through and did the required to steps for downloading my CC w/ WinRAR and the likes. As far as I know, I've set my Mods up correcting along with the two files and the resource document inside of it. Somehow I've gotten my CC icon to change to the sims logo (not sure of specific this comes off so to the little green diamond), and while I know that the icon means absolutely nothing, I will admit I got a bit hopeful when I saw they did. But after going through installed content, nothing showed up. I got three of my files to work but the rest remain in package folder, taking up space. I've read several tutorials but can't seem to figure out anything.

Edit:

After a little bit more snooping, if I try to open my CC the Game Launchers opens up, but not the installer. Thus nothing gets installed opened up that I know of.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DminMx
After a little bit more snooping, if I try to open my CC the Game Launchers opens up, but not the installer. Thus nothing gets installed opened up that I know of.

Some of those aren't packages, they are Sims3Packs.

Put them in your Downloads folder then open the Launcher, and you can then choose which ones you want to install through the launcher.

This may help:
Game Help:TS3 CC Basicswiki

The package files should work where they are, as long as you have your framework set up (resource file).
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:43 AM
Everything that ends in *.package can remain in the Packages folder you already have and which you show in your screenshot.
Everything that ends in *.sim goes into the SavedSims folder
Everything that ends in *.sims3pack goes into the Downloads folder
Everything that ends in *.rar or *.zip or *.7zip does not belong into any folder in The Sims 3 file directory. You can take these out and place them somewhere safe outside Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3. These are the compressed files and you already extracted the proper files that end in *.sims3pack or *.package or *.sim

Now as to how to install each.
Placing the *.package files in Packages is all you need to do. They are already installed. You won't see them in the Launcher, you will only see them in game. So you will have to start a game and check CAS, Build Mode or Buy Mode to see whether they were installed correctly.
Same with the *.sim files. Once they are placed in SavedSims they should show up with your other pre-made Sims in CAS.
The *.sims3pack files are the only ones you have to install with the Launcher and these are the ones that will show up in the Launcher once you placed the files in Downloads and have to be installed by selecting the item in the Launcher and choose Install.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:59 AM
Thank you both. I've moved the files and now will check to see if they open in the game. Don't know why I thought they would.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 9:30 AM
Ive got a bunch of CC missing. Even Sim3Pack files that said it did download. I'm assuming that theyre probably broken
Site Helper
#6 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 5:36 PM
They may be broken, they may have been corrupted when you downloaded them, or they may be perfectly good files which have a requirement that you don't have.

Or you may be looking in the wrong spot for them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook