Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3351 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 3:53 PM
Don't know If it's a "Grrrr?, but I accidentally left out a time wormhole, so now I accidentally skipped a household and playing another one forward. Guess that means I'll have to continue on at the end of rotation and therefor make it as a new rotation reset.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3352 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
That's the thing with story lines. I prefer following my sims.

Me, too. But since Bitville was conquered and taken over by the Monopolians, the people there have had to adjust to a radically new way of life. It has meant adding careers, changing jobs, and being assigned room mates for tax purposes and spouses for baby lottery winners. I simply cannot have someone who is committed to an unmarried life because she's a serial gold digger falling in love with a man who brought literally just the clothes on his back into an arranged marriage! Not the first week anyway.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#3353 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 9:56 PM
This has probably been mentioned already, but the way Sims will just go up and down in lifts for hours at a time. They live on the fourth floor? They'll get out of the lift on the second, get back in and go down to the ground floor, get in and out a few times, finally head up to the fourth floor, glitch back into the lift again just for good measure, then finally get out and go into their apartment. It's worse when they invite a guest over and both of them do it, never managing to meet in the middle. It's quicker to just take the stairs.
Mad Poster
#3354 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 11:06 PM
Mine don't tend to be quite that annoying, but they sure were poorly made. Nice big elevator, everyone going to the same floor, yet it magically only has capacity for one? Seriously EA? Couldn't be bothered to make it work like an actual elevator that you know, holds more than one person and stops along the way to pick up people going in the same direction. Nah, that would make sense and we can't make people think EA knows what logic is, that would ruin their whole image

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3355 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 2:57 AM
In one apartment building in Hazelton, one of my Sims had a few cats. Those cats were obsessed with going up and down the elevator. Even when I wasn't playing that apartment they'd come out for the sole purpose of going up and down the elevator. How do they even reach the button?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3356 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In one apartment building in Hazelton, one of my Sims had a few cats. Those cats were obsessed with going up and down the elevator. How do they even reach the button?

I bet its due to all those finger wiggle games!

What makes me annoyed is the misleading back covers of the disc boxes. Clearly showing a sim getting into an elevator while another is already in it and that fashion show
neither were in the game, without a mod in regards to the fashion show.
Scholar
#3357 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 5:34 PM
Today I started to redecorate a larger dorm (3 floors tall) and decided to make all of the rooms look the same. How very annoying of EA to disable the "clone object tool" (whatever it's real name is) so that I now have to jump around in the menues in order to get the furnitures I want. Grrr! Some objects could be deleted (the blue notebooks) but the food plates could not. The pictures of the old students is still on the doors but I guess they will reset as usual when I move a sim in.
Mad Poster
#3358 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:01 PM
By the "clone object tool" you mean the eye dropper?It still works in my game...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3359 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:14 PM
Not in dorms. Collections are also disabled.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3360 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:14 PM
By the "clone object tool" you mean the eye dropper?It still works in my game...

Yes, that's correct. No, it does not work and some of the other tools like the sledgehammer do not work either.
Mad Poster
#3361 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
Oh ok..not in dorms. Funny how i never noticed this before, as I build them too.

Field Researcher
#3362 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:53 PM
@Mrmo I am baffled why the eye dropper tool is disabled too. Sledgehammer I can understand, but the eye dropper? Grrrr indeed.
In case you didn't know, there's a cheat that enables all those functions for dorms - boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false
Mad Poster
#3363 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 7:04 PM
As an added bonus, that dorm cheat will also enable Buy Mode on community lots.

Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
Some objects could be deleted (the blue notebooks) but the food plates could not. The pictures of the old students is still on the doors but I guess they will reset as usual when I move a sim in.

Try the "moveobjects on" cheat to get rid of the dishes. If the delete key still doesn't work, try the sledgehammer instead. I sometimes have this happen even in normal residential lots outside of University.

The door pictures should reset when you move another playable student in and dormies come to claim the other rooms.
Mad Poster
#3364 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM
Am I the only one who stay away from all these cheats that enables what you aren't supposed to enable? Too many bad experiences using them. There is reasons why it is disabled...Lesson learned!

Scholar
#3365 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Not in dorms. Collections are also disabled.

How did I miss your reply? Sorry for that.

Well, so it's the way it should work? If so, my game is OK. There was also some objecs I could not use like the very pricy computer and so on. I guess it make sence as the sims pay for the room.
Mad Poster
#3366 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:04 PM
Am I the only one who stay away from all these cheats that enables what you aren't supposed to enable? Too many bad experiences using them. There is reasons why it is disabled...Lesson learned!

I do too, unless it's dire (and it really never is). Too many experiences of lots glitching up after using them, even in seemingly safe ways. Not worth it. Might as well do the hassle of fixing whatever the problem is with normal mechanics, because in the long run it'll take more time and effort to fix the glitched up lot than to just not glitch it up in the first place.

I agree though, dorms are annoying. No catalogs, no eye dropper. Thanks Maxis for disabling both of the only methods available to make it easier to find specific items in catalog without sorting through manually.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3367 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:19 PM
Of course it can be a pain and very tempting to use those cheats, on a downloaded lot. But I build them myself, so i always have a residential copy, if changes needs to be done. No hassle.

Mad Poster
#3368 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:40 AM
Most of the build mode items on apartment lots are also disabled (the eyedropper, sledgehammer and collections do work though). I can kind of see their point - a student or tenant would not normally be able to do much more than change the wall and floor coverings in their unit. They certainly wouldn't be able to move walls around or swap out windows and doors.

I'm a bit leery of building cheats myself due to something that happened years ago. Back in the very early days before Clean Installer, I downloaded a lot from the Exchange that had been made with some building cheats. I don't remember which ones exactly. I think it was a skyscraper that had been made by a SimGuru? (memory's a bit foggy here) I do remember that I put it into a test neighborhood and moved a test sim into it. She immediately shot to the top of her career and the carpool stopped coming. Possibly there was other weirdness. Anyway, I've been a bit suspicious of lots made with building cheats ever since - probably for no reason since some of these cheats are widely used and I haven't heard a lot of reports of problems caused by them.
Mad Poster
#3369 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:44 AM
That sounds like the effect of a really weird hack instead.

Mad Poster
#3370 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:07 AM
I suppose it could have been some sort of hack piggybacking on the lot, but the symptoms only appeared that one time. After I bulldozed the lot and deleted it from my catalog, I never saw those symptoms again.
Field Researcher
#3371 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:26 AM Last edited by kidhedera : 4th Sep 2017 at 9:01 AM.
I installed Pleasantly Thriving by Phaenoh and it's so great, and everything seemed perfect. All the lots loaded perfectly and I'm delighted with the whole thing. But I accidentally deleted a goth grave stone so i delete the entire neighbourhood, clear my caches and reinstall it to be safe. Boom... The neighbourhood just won't work now. Loading times are way up, lots crash to desktop, graphical glitches when they do load and my logs folder is filling up with empty files so I have no idea what's wrong.
I spent 3 hours trouble shooting. I'm at school now and I can't stop thinking about it. When I get home I'll try installing it on my other computer and see if it works there.

EDIT: Got everything working now. Cant say I'm 100% sure what caused the problem, but it *might* have been having a mod installed in the downloads folder that should have been in the bins folder. I don't really understand how that could have been causing such widespread issues, but this *is* TS2.
Scholar
#3372 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:43 PM
When the butler puts toaster pastries in the oven, then heads up to the third floor to start making beds, so the duke and his family keep getting carbonized pastries for breakfast.
Field Researcher
#3373 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Kunder : 6th Sep 2017 at 12:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
When the butler puts toaster pastries in the oven, then heads up to the third floor to start making beds, so the duke and his family keep getting carbonized pastries for breakfast.
I HATE the "Stuff Face" action! Haven't found a way to stop it other than turning a fridge around, or putting it behind a locked door. I found a couple mods that include stopping this, but one doesn't work, the other cancels out the "Put Leftovers Away" option.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3374 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:56 PM
@Kunder No stuff face http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=92342 most annoyances have fixes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3375 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Kunder No stuff face http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=92342 most annoyances have fixes.
Thanks, never seen this one, I'll give it a try!
Page 135 of 273