Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 3435 (Who?), Viewed: 142200 times.
Page 138 of 138
Mad Poster
#3426 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 8:10 PM
I found both social interaction in SimPE..but I don't know what to make of it, I am not a modder. lol But it points to me being wrong.
I found this though...
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Field Researcher
#3427 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 12:01 AM Last edited by ourladyplumbob : 17th Sep 2017 at 12:59 AM.
I wish the autonomous social interactions of a player controlled sim would always cancel the autonomous action of a non-controlled sim. I love the surprises & spontaneity my sims' autonomy brings, and I just wish it got the chance to be expressed more often.
Of course, manually directing the sim to do said interaction does cancel whatever the other sim's doing, but it never feels quite as organic

I really, really hate how slow and laggy it is doing sims' makeup in game (through the mirror or a mod) (and I don't even have that many makeup files). Most of my sims end up with barely any makeup just because of how cumbersome it is to add! Which is a shame. And there's no undo button (or zoom in function)!!

Lastly, not really a peeve per say but I would really like it if dormies got automatically assigned a major (even better if based on their personality and interests) at some point in Uni. The undeclared major is so boring. And I miss the "talk about major" option!
Instructor
#3428 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:30 AM
I've had kids autonomously 'Tell Secret' in my game. Don't think I've ever directed it myself, though. Mostly because I thought it was the kid version of Gossip and once a sim is in the habit of Gossiping they often do it too much, resulting in a bad reputation.
Forum Resident
#3429 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:51 PM
When a good sountrack is blasting in buy or build mode, but you realize you have to leave it and then when you enter it back it's a different one and you feel disappointed that it isn't the playing the one back then.
#3430 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 5:51 PM
That's when you find an excuse to stay in buy/build mode until the song's done.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#3431 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 5:59 PM
This is when I pretend I'm cold, and get up to get my vest sitting at about 3 feet from me. Then I pretend I heard a noise outside, so I must take a look in the window...then I'll pet cats, and then..Ok no. Song is over, goes back to sit at computer.

#3432 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:01 PM
Sounds like you don't use headphones. Or use wireless ones. Or ones with a really, really, really long cord.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#3433 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:02 PM
No headphones.

Mad Poster
#3434 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourladyplumbob
Lastly, not really a peeve per say but I would really like it if dormies got automatically assigned a major (even better if based on their personality and interests) at some point in Uni. The undeclared major is so boring. And I miss the "talk about major" option!

So much this. Why even make a "talk about major" interaction when 90% of the students on campus has no declared major? But Maxis even took it one step further beyond not assigning majors. You can't assign them majors. Or rather, you can, but the game will reset it back to undeclared, so you can't have dormies with a major even if you go through the hassle of giving them a major. I've tried, twice. Both times dormies reverted back to undeclared. Maybe someone else out there had more success than I did, but in my game dormies are major-repellants.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Mad Poster
#3435 Old Yesterday at 1:48 AM
I use Control this sim, then have them choose one at the computer. It wont's stick? Oh that's sad.

Mad Poster
#3436 Old Yesterday at 11:47 AM
I've used SimPE, and declare a major flag. Haven't used computer. First time I did it to every dormie in my game, so you can imagine how annoyed I was when I realized they'd all reverted back to undeclared. Second time I used flag, but only did some 10 or so.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Page 138 of 138