Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 2:25 AM
Default School sports
Any of you do/did sports in school?

From 9th to 12th, I was a long distance runner on the track team. Prior to a transfer during 12th, I lost my mind over something that seemed dire, but was nothing to sneeze at years later and ran and ran all over the downtown Monroe, Washington. That long distance run was comparable to being a pinball in that famous Sesame Street animation: frenetic, wild and amusing to outsiders.

When I transferred to the new school, they only had a gymnasium, so I switched to the ball sports they offered with the limited space for 2 classrooms, a gymnasium, a break room, a gender neutral bathroom and a principal's office.

I was an MVP in the Women's division (the transfer was to a school that had at maximum 7 students)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 4:45 AM
Short answer: Nope. I've always hated most sports, though I do occasionally like to play badminton, and liked playing floorball (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floorball) whenever that was a possibility at school. Anything with larger and heavier roundish items being thrown around, or running for anything else than the reason "I'm late for something", I'm out...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:17 PM
Nothing outside of P.E class.
In High School I was pretty good at Football though and always got picked first, but we never had a girls football team and even if we did I wasn't really a sports person anyway so I would'nt have joined. I was pretty decent at badminton too. We use to play a game of "sudden death match" badminton in PE, where we'd line up on either side of the net, and each person would have a go, and when they dropped the shuttlecock that person was "out" and the next person in line would take over. If you scored a point, you'd join the back of the line until it thinned out and there was only 1 person left. I won that a few times, but mainly because I have a really good serve.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:57 PM
I never took sports in school, my parents actively discouraged any form of after school activities. They didn't want to be arsed with driving me to practices, or meets, or purchasing the equipment needed. I probably would had gotten into track.

Well that was fairly depressing. On a happier note, as a parent, my oldest is in Girl Scouts, swimming, and ballet. This summer she is taking additional dance classes (3 weeks once a week classes.). She is planning a busy school year, whatever she wants to sign up for and try, I support and encourage her.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 2:21 PM
Sport is not for me. i used to take dancing lessons, but i don`t think it`s a sport
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 4:24 PM
I did several sports but eventually stopped eveerything because I just wasn't into any of them anymore. They were all extra curriculars that I did in my own time. I still participated in regular P.E classes over the years, as well as cycle to school and any other destination.
- Reception to Year 2 was ballet
- Reception to Year 3 was swimming
- Year 3 to Year 6 was tennis
- Year 9 to Year 13 was ultimate frisbee

Of course, now that I've got a student travel card, I've used my bike like twice in the last three years