Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 5:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strangetown replaced by La Fiesta Tech - crashes on load
Ok, I hope someone has a solution for this, since there's no solution for the disappearing neighborhood problem on the faq forum.

Today I loaded TS2U and Strangehood wasn't on the neighborhood list. Instead, there was the university I chose for Strangerhood, La Fiesta Tech. So I though this is just some bug and decided to play that instead, since I could probably go to Strangetown from there. Halfway in the loading process the sound starts to repeat and I get the error message "the application has crashed..".

All the Strangetown files seem to be in place and in order, so I'm totally clueless.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 11:08 PM
Ok, found a partial solution, though it's not good enough. I used the back-up of Strangerhood, the .bak-file. Everything else is just splendid, except there's this one family I just recently moved to another house, and they had a baby. The family is now in their old house with the new baby, but what I need is their new house. It was one of the pre-made Maxis houses, and since it's already "used", it doesn't show up in the houses bin.

So, is there any way to restore the new house, I think I found it in the Lots folder, but it just doesn't show up in the game. Any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 11:10 PM
Use a different house?