Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Is Body Shop supposed to take that much longer than the game?
I just wanted to ask if it's normal that, while my game loads completely (start to neighborhood) within 1 - 2 min., Body Shop takes up to 15 minutes and more to load. I'm wondering if this is just because of my many downloads or if I should worry about it. Thanks for any answers.

~Fallon~

'If every word I said could make you laugh
I'd talk for ever'
~John Stamos~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:23 PM
It's the downloads,more you have the longer it takes.

GRRRR,LOL

"S"
V^^^^V
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:24 PM
If you have a lot of downloads, it does take a while yes, but my game takes a long time to load too!

What I do with the bodyshop is temporarily move my downloads and savedsims folders to my desktop, then I make a new downloads folder and put in copies of whatever files I want to work with in there. If you are just recoloring Maxis stuff then you don't have to even worry about that.

Then I run the bodyshop, it loads really fast, do what I need to do, save and then move my downloads and saved sims folders back when I am done.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:29 PM
Even before I started downloading much, my Body Shop became horrifically slow to start... after installing University that is. What with the INSANE number of premade sims Maxis put in there that I CAN'T delete. It irritates me beyond belief. If I don't want your stinky old man sims opening up in my Body Shop, I should be able to delete them, dangit.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:45 PM
Mine takes forever too. I have tried removing the downloads and saved sims and for me it didn't help but that was also after the ep which as said above is ridiculous.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:58 PM
Thanks for the quick answers. I'm glad there's nothing I have to worry about, other than my addiction, that is...

BTW mine first started to slow down after installing the EP, too.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:24 PM
Mine does the same thing. My game loads in under 3 minutes but Body Shop seems to take years, drive me nuts! Dang Maxis, WHY didn't they put all the features of BodyShop into CAS!!!! :fight:

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954