Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:44 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 19th Oct 2014 at 3:49 AM.
Default WallEz -- New tool for TS4 Wall and Floor Creation by Granthes
Get ready people... we have WALLS [Edit October 18: AND FLOORS!]

Download: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=455
Support forums: http://forums.sims4.the-prof.net/viewforum.php?f=17
Instructions are in the included .pdf -- RTFM please!

Quoting Grant's description:

Quote:
This tool is somewhat unique in that it uses a different workflow than most CC creation programs out there. Instead of cloning an existing object of some sort and editing it to work, you simply create an XML file that describes the wall you want to make and run the tool on that XML. The end result is a new package file with the wall pattern you designed.

This is a command line utility that also works as a drag and drop utility. Simply create the XML file and drag it on the icon of the program and it does the rest.

This is a new paradigm for Sims modding. It is NOT a recoloring or editing tool; it's a direct content creation tool. If you're intimidated by XML tags this tool may not be for you, but for everybody else I think you'll find it far faster to create new content, and far easier to revise it. NO ADDITIONAL TOOLS NEEDED besides your image editor and a text editor (you don't even need TS4 installed to use it).

Terrain paint will be added to this tool soon. Watch this space!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 4:47 AM
This is so awesome, I'm brand new to creating sims content even though I've played all 4 games, and I've just made my own batch of walls! Im so excited, thanks so much for creating these great tools.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 7:36 AM
I just tried it out and its awesome!
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 19th Oct 2014 at 3:54 AM.
WallEz version 0.1.2 now adds floor support.

New features:

- You can place the walls/floors you create under a specific thumbnail if you wish (optional).

- The Name of each wall/floor can now be the same, like the EA provided ones are.

- The DOS box stays open after compiling your floor, for easier debugging.

See http://sims4.the-prof.net/?page_id=455 for the download and a link to the documentation.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:41 PM
With the version I have (0.1.2 according to the folder name, 1.0.0.0 according to Properties) the group for custom images ends up being 0x00000000, but shouldn't it be 0x80000000? According to Maxis specs?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:14 PM
There are a lot of resources that simply don't work well if you tamper with the group, and I think images are one of them. IMHO it's probably going to end up that the creating community just set the bit on the catalog resources...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 21st Oct 2014 at 1:48 PM.
Oh? Well that's good to know, then maybe the MATD thing isn't as broken as I thought it was (when the issue was me having set all the groups to 0x80000000 I mean). Thanks for the info!

No the group of the _IMG cannot be a problem -- I made one wall with S4Studio when trying to get rid of seams, and that has 0x80000000 on everything (CWAL, MATD, IMG, STBL) and works. (Apart from the seams issue.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 4:21 PM
This is a compilation of template XML code from various sources because I keep forgetting to make local copies

--

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Package Creator="Creator name" Filename="Package name">
<Wall Price="10" Name="Name" Description="Description" ThumbID="ThumbID" ThumbHashID="0x0000000000000000">
<Tag Type="Color" Value="ColorTag"/>
<Tag Type="Style" Value="StyleTag"/>
<Swatch Top="#000000" Bottom="#000000" Middle="#000000" />
<TextureShort Filename="Filename.dds"/>
<TextureMedium Filename="Filename.dds"/>
<TextureTall Filename="Filename.dds"/>
</Wall>
</Package>

--

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Package Creator="Creator name" Filename="Package name">
<Floor Price="10" Name="Name" Description="Description" ThumbID="ThumbID" ThumbHashID="0x0000000000000000">
<Tag Type="Color" Value="ColorTag"/>
<Tag Type="Style" Value="StyleTag"/>
<Swatch Top="#000000" Bottom="#000000" Middle="#000000" />
<Texture Filename="Filename.dds"/>
</Floor>
</Package>

--

Data formats:

String (freeform)
String (from list)
Decimal
Hex
RGB colour code

Valid colour tags: Amber, Aqua, Beige, Black, Blue, BlueLight, BlueNavy, Brown, BrownLight, Burgundy, Cream, DarkBrown, Gold, Gray, Green, GreenNavy, HazelBlue, HazelGreen, LightBlue, LightBrown, LightGreen, Magenta, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, Teal, Turquoise, White, Yellow
Valid style tags – Walls: Paint, Wallpaper, Tile, Paneling, Masonry, RockAndStone, Siding
Valid style tags – Floors: Wood, Carpet, Tile, Stone, Masonry, Linoleum, Metal, Outdoor

These tags are case sensitive.

If you use the ThumbID tag, the text in the quotes is hashed using the FNV32 hash code.
If you use the ThumbHashID tag, the hex number is used directly.
If you use neither, the value is calculated from the package name using the FNV32 hash code.

--

More info here (walls), here (floors), here (thumbnail selection).

Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 8:14 PM
Hi, I'm new here, I did a few searches and couldn't find a single answer, so I have decided to ask a question here.

I've noticed that some of the walls and floors in-game make use of specular maps and I was just wondering if it is possible to make floors and walls with said maps using WallEz and if so, how?

Also, thanks for the code and Happy New Year ^_^
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 9:29 AM
Sad to hear WallEz isn't supported anymore, I only use it for making floors because it's something that S4S can't do at this point in time...

Also, in regards to the specular and normal maps, last time I looked you couldn't actually modify them using S4S and had to base your new design around the already existing maps which I think is just plain old stupid. I'd much rather use a code to get the job done the way I want it to be done instead of using someone else's art as a base.

*EDIT* Just realised that I was using an older version of S4S, still can't do floors though, which is really disappointing, but at least my walls will look better now.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 12:31 AM
@AtomicDragon , you can add (or reference) bump/spec maps to walls and floors like this, as well.

Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
@AtomicDragon , you can add (or reference) bump/spec maps to walls and floors like this, as well.

Wow, Thank you very much, it is greatly appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 3:29 AM
When I click on hte application after download...it just flashes but doesn't open up
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 4:29 AM
There is nothing that ought to happen when you click on it. It expects a file as input. See the other thread you made.