Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adult skins turned black
I went to Body Shop to make a new Simmie,when I noticed that the bodies were black,the faces were ok. :werd:

What caused this,and how do I fix it? :argh:

Thanks all

"S"
V^^^^V

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 8:58 PM
Strange! :werd: Sorry I'Ve got absolutely no idea.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:00 PM
hmm, never happened to me. Maybe you deleted the skin.
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:02 PM
Usually when you delete a skin they default back to a Maxis one though. I think I recall this happening to me once, I don't recall if it was a botched SimPE sim surgery or thanks to that corrupted objects.package, but in any case I'd say try performing SimPE sim surgery on that sim and try and take just the skintone from another sim who has that same skin.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:03 PM
Hmm,not I don't think so. I click on just random skins and they too showed black.There maybe a conflct with a mesh????

"S"
V^^^^V
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:13 PM
What's "Sim Surgery" is that the make over machines in the game?
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:31 PM
Hey vampy, not sure if this is your problem, but if your useing a paint program like adobe photoshop, you need to make sure the file isnt 'indexed', I did this once and it had the same effect as you discribed. Hope this helps.
Instructor
#8 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:40 PM
No I mean the SimSurgery plugin in SimPE, though you could try the machine or the mirror or taking a shower and see if amy of that helps.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:51 PM
all good answers but ' i had the same prob and it's something to do with bodyshop trying to read a skin that has flaws . most heads will even be whiter than the rest of your collected skins are . my advise is to look elsewhere for that particular skin . some sites actually bring up each in bodyshop before making it downloadable to the public ' some do not . and ... i would delete those skins least it could cause a crash when loading up bodyshop . just a bad skinjob is all
hope all this helps ya out .
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:30 AM
OK,I sorted out the last downloads of outfits into a folder on desk top.I scaned with SimPe,and found alot of files that are in RED,what does this mean?
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:33 AM
Reds are files that override game settings. They are generally hacks but can be other things like the Urbz game from Maxis. Not all hacks are bad, most work quite well so if you downloaded some and recognize their name then they are probably okay. You could try temporarily taking them outand see if it helps, but somehow I don't see them causing a skin problem like this.

If you come across any filenames in red though that you don't recognize and don't recall downloading, definitely get rid of it because it probably snuck in with a house.

Pink entries, by the way, are duplicates and can safely be deleted.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:07 AM
Hey Motoki, I know this is slightly off the topic, but still having to do with body shop and hoped maybe you'd know this. I don't have any hacks other than the one that I consider a patch more than a hack - having to do with making the college sims go to class and having thier good grades count like they're supposed to. Anyway, here lately it seems like all of a sudden I don't have any of the custom makeups or clothes showing up in Body Shop or CAS. They are in my downloads folder and SimPE checks them all as "ok" when I scan to see if they are EP ready, but they still aren't showing up. I don't think I have any hacks as far as I can tell, and the only thing showing up red through cleaninstall is the one I previously mentioned. Got any ideas? Oh yeah, just an FYI, my other downloaded stuff, like skins and hair meshes, still show up in Body Shop and CAS like they always did, just not the makeup or clothes. :confused:
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:52 AM
Motoki not that kind of red,I know how hacks have a red line across them,the ones I'm talking about are the word itself that are red.

"S"
V^^^^V
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:54 AM
Body shop,wall,floors terrains are NOT to converted to EP ready,they won't show in the game if you do.

Been there, DONE that!

"S"
V^^^^V
Instructor
#15 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:21 AM
I have the black skins in game. The heads are normal, the body is sort of a dark grey.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 11:22 PM
Here's what I was talking about with Simpe,and the skins names/words being red. :werd:
Does anyone know why is this a warning that the skin(s) are bad??? :confused:

"S"
V^^^^V
Screenshots

" Enjoy LIFE, 'cause DEATH is just around the CORONER ! ©"
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:25 PM
Same thing happen to me a few days ago. After working on the problem for some hours I figure it out. It had something to do with some of the new skin/meshes/hair/clothes files i downloaded. I couldn't figure out the exact file so all the files I downloaded for that day I deleted and the problem was solved.

I wish a program similar to the Sims 1 file cop comes out for Sims 2. I used Sims Clean Installer and got no where and the sims p.e I am too much of a newbie on that program.