Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 2:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Moving in with a toddler
My fiance has asked me to move in. After much kissing I said yes and a window popped up with possibles movers. As I have a toddler at home I selected her. The new thumbnail showed me but not my toddler in the family. I did not save the game as I don't want to move without my child. Why did she not move in too?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 2:55 AM
It sounds like you may have click on the toddler to move with you, but failed to click the arrow to add to the right panel... Hope that helps
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 2:56 AM
Toddlers tend to take a while to show up, they usually come crawling or walking from a far end of the house after a few minutes
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kherina_Curious
Toddlers tend to take a while to show up, they usually come crawling or walking from a far end of the house after a few minutes

That is true too!!! I forgot about that. Good call Kherina.

.::Priddychild::.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 3:19 AM
I would go with Priddychild's first reply. Whenever I have moved a toddler, their thumbnails show up even though they sometimes show up at the far end of a lot.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by js4496
I would go with Priddychild's first reply. Whenever I have moved a toddler, their thumbnails show up even though they sometimes show up at the far end of a lot.

Ok thanks for the advise. I will try again tomorrow. Perhaps I did not click the arrow.
Instructor
#7 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 11:20 AM
I find when I move in new sims, like toddlers or whatever, it usually takes a few minutes for their thumbnails to show up, and for them to enter the lot
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 3:46 AM Last edited by motherspet : 22nd Apr 2005 at 3:49 AM.
You were all correct, I did not click the arrow. After doing it I went outside and there was my little one walking towards me. I am so happy. Thank you to all of you.
Just out of curiousity, what would have happen if it had been a baby? Would I have found her lying on the pavement?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:45 AM
yep, sure would. A sim usually automatically goes to pick up the baby without being directed.

Also, the game will not let you move in if you are the only adult and refuse to bring your child/toddler/baby with you. It will give you a message saying they are not an irresponsible parent and cannot leave their child.

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954