Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 5:11 PM Last edited by suzannemariema : 22nd Dec 2018 at 6:00 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED - 800x600 resolution problem...again
Hello again, needy Nelly here.

I posted before about this issue and it was solved, of course, by having the game recognize my video graphics card.

Now, however, the game will not read the config nor the video card. Both are set and saved as they should be. I've made no alterations to the words and numbers.

I was able to play that game for hours last night with no resolution problems.

I came back a few minutes ago and it will not recognize anything other than 800x600.

Here's what I tried:

deleted cache files.
checked config and video card
used a new short cut
loaded from the TSBin.
switched the .exe to CSBin and loaded from there
put it back into TSBin
reapplied 4GB patch

Once again, I'm lost.

EDIT:

Uhhhhh...I kept tinkering. And I got it to work, but I'd still like to know why it worked.

Here's what I did:

In a post about the 4GB patch, there was a suggestion to change the name of TSBin into something like TSBinBAK, just to change the name, to bypass the reason why the 4GB patch wasn't taking hold. I did that.

Well, I thought, I'll change that back to TSBin and see if it does anything.

It did. The game now recognizes, once again, that there are a myriad of resolutions to choose from.

Why is that? And why is all of this so finicky?

EDIT 2:

Exxxxxcept for the fact that I'm now experiencing the pink flashing like I never have before. Please tell me how to fix this craziness.

EDIT 3: I deleted the below two posts and put them all here.

EDIT 4:

Ok, I went back into Graphics Rules Maker and made sure that the texture memory I forced it to read was the same as what I had available. That seems to have worked. No pink flashing, resolution is fine, no crashing (YET).

Also, I can't believe I figured it out.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 7:30 PM
I have all empathy for your frustration. I have run into glitches myself and kept trying different options until it worked. Did you get the game to read more than 2048mb? That would be helpful. Thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
I have all empathy for your frustration. I have run into glitches myself and kept trying different options until it worked. Did you get the game to read more than 2048mb? That would be helpful. Thanks.

No, my config-log still does not recognize more than 2048MB for either the Memory or free memory.