Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 10:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2 Head different color than body
In my game (The Sims 2 Super Collection on a MacBook air) for my young adult female sims and older, the head color is different for the body color when selecting the lighter skintone, is there anyway to fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 11:14 PM
Do you have any CC?
Make a backup and pull any skins to desktop, check how it look then.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:17 AM Last edited by muridae : 1st Jan 2019 at 4:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ErinandtheTIGERS
In my game (The Sims 2 Super Collection on a MacBook air) for my young adult female sims and older, the head color is different for the body color when selecting the lighter skintone, is there anyway to fix this?

This is unfortunately a bug with the Mac version that manifests itself if you’re running High Sierra (macOS 10.13) or Mojave (10.14). It doesn’t happen at Sierra or below, so it’ll be related to Apple’s graphics drivers, not just the game code. As Apple now require any updates to existing apps to be 64-bit and the game is 32-bit, we’re going to have to wait and hope that Aspyr do a rewrite and update at some future time that fixes it.

I believe it can be worked around by switching to custom skintones, but I’m still playing on Sierra to avoid the problem so don’t have any direct experience of doing that myself.