Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:53 AM
I do not know what the following Behavior Constants are or do, if someone knows, could you please help.

Life Score
Tuning - Chance - Random
Tuning
Tuning - PTO

Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keane
I do not know what the following Behavior Constants are or do, if someone knows, could you please help.

Life Score
Tuning - Chance - Random
Tuning
Tuning - PTO

Thanks.

Tuning - Chance - Random : probabiltity of a chance card (haven't really what values are what, but maxis ones are all under a hundred so assume percentage)

Tuning : The fifth value seems to be what level the career reward is unlocked - don't know about the rest.

Tuning - PTO : Don't know, it's the same for all adult careers, slightly different for teen/elder.

Lifescore - Don't know (based on filename I've guessed that it might increase difficulty of getting that promotion bar filled up, but that is just a guess at this stage)
#53 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:44 AM
Oh ok, thanks.

And how do you change what the career reward is?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keane
And how do you change what the career reward is?

This is a little more complex and an example might be easier to understand.
Look at line 2 of the career reward bhav for the athletic career.
You will see the operands are 0f 12 1f 00 00 b0 48 21, and the unknowns are 4c 07 00 00 00 07 01 00.
Now the puching bags GUID is 4c2148b0 and if you look carefully you will notice that this is in the operands and unknowns (but backwards) - the first unknown is 4c, the last operand is 21, second last 48 and third last is b0.
So you change these values to match your the guid of the career reward you want.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:14 AM
Default Operands?
I'm sure I'm being dense here, but where are you seeing the operands and unknowns listed, Bidou? I open the appropriate Bhav and click on the Plug-In view and I see a chart called Instruction Settings that lists Operands and Unknowns, but all the spaces are 0's. I guess I'm confused by what you mean by "line 2." Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I'd appreciate some help. Thanks. ~KG
#56 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:33 AM
Oh ok, I get it now, thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KLGFCG
I'm sure I'm being dense here, but where are you seeing the operands and unknowns listed, Bidou? I open the appropriate Bhav and click on the Plug-In view and I see a chart called Instruction Settings that lists Operands and Unknowns, but all the spaces are 0's. I guess I'm confused by what you mean by "line 2." Sorry, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I'd appreciate some help. Thanks. ~KG

click on line 2 and the operand data will magically appear.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 9:40 AM
Default Thanks, Bidou
Well, I was right... I was being dense. Click on Line 2... that makes sense. I got it now, thanks Bidou. ~KG
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KLGFCG
With mucho thanks to Bobbling for the help, here's what I did to replace the icon. First, I found the image I wanted to use (in my case, free clipart... I can't make anything myself!!).Voila. Appearing icon in game. I'll post the my updated vampire career with icon later. Hope that helps a little tiny bit? Again, I'd have never gotten it without Bobbling's help. ~KG

Ok, I found out what went wrong in the first place, I think there was a layer in the image, or something. So I created a new one. But I can't seem to make the background transparent. It'll do fine without transparancy I suppose, but I'm sort of a perfectionist.

Cheers,
Dutchy
Test Subject
#60 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Dutchy : 16th Dec 2004 at 4:32 PM. Reason: Those nasty type-o's
Quick question, is there any way of making the elders career different from the teens?
If so how?
If not, can we somehow give the elders a better salary?

Cheers,
Dutchy
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dutchy
Quick question, is there any way of making the elders career different from the teens?
If so how?

Cheers,
Dutchy

Was wondering the same thing as well - since there are a few 'careers' where a teen would NOT be doing the things that an elder would do or vice versa.

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 2:18 AM
If so how?

Cheers,
Dutchy

No - and yet maybe yes.
I've wonder whether this might be possible myself, and if you understand bhavs I can suggest a few ways of trying - but since I tend not to use elders in my games by using the elixr of life or just moving on to the next generation, I've not actually tried.
The biggest problem is how do you stop a teen taking an elder career, or an elder taking a teen career.
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bidou
No - and yet maybe yes.
I've wonder whether this might be possible myself, and if you understand bhavs I can suggest a few ways of trying - but since I tend not to use elders in my games by using the elixr of life or just moving on to the next generation, I've not actually tried.
The biggest problem is how do you stop a teen taking an elder career, or an elder taking a teen career.

I'm starting to learn about the BHAVs. From my point of view it should be possible to create the following BHAV inside the teen/elder.package:
If ($Me=Elder) {careerGUID=GUIDofElderCareerPackage} EndIf. (I don't know how to transpose this into a BHAV though.

That way you have to create a separate careerpackage for elders and can have ways of dealing with those jobs. Can be a normal 10 level career or a cloned teen career.

Is this possible??

Cheers,
Dutchy
#64 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 2:57 PM
Okay, I just made a custom career and tested it. It appreared in the Newspaper under 'Adult Industry' but when my Sims took the job the job titles and description were for the criminal career. However, the skill points they need to advance are the ones I customized. The chance cards were also for the criminal career. I have no idea what I've done wrong, any hints?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 3:07 PM
Did you change the GUID for the career from the the one that is listed when you use the Criminal Career? Thats most probably the one thing you should look at since it seems to have replaced your criminal career rather than being added to the list of available careers. Fix that and then try again.

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 9:37 PM
hello,

Okay I am a total noob when it comes to using SimPE but I have been playing with it for a few days now and even attempted to recolor some things....they didn't come out as expected(ended up with words not the pic I put into it) but they work nonetheless, then I seen this tutorial about the careers and it seems a whole lot easier to me...but I just have one question at the moment, I'm sure I'll probably get stuck somewhere else on this later and post another question...lol but I am at the Object Data right now and it says I need to change the GUID to a unique number, now I'm not sure if I just make a number up (I highly doubt this option) or I know that on one of the few tutorials I have tried that I had to go to the Hash Generator and copy and paste the 0x??????? number into it and click GUID and then paste the long number that appears into the hash value and that it was my new GUID or something like that. Before I do this I am still unsure of myself right now after how my recolors turned out so I thought I would ask and make sure if I was right or not before I screw it up...lol

Any help is more then welcomed here.

Angel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:37 AM Last edited by bidou : 18th Dec 2004 at 9:54 AM.
I'm starting to learn about the BHAVs. From my point of view it should be possible to create the following BHAV inside the teen/elder.package:
If ($Me=Elder) {careerGUID=GUIDofElderCareerPackage} EndIf. (I don't know how to transpose this into a BHAV though.
That way you have to create a separate careerpackage for elders and can have ways of dealing with those jobs. Can be a normal 10 level career or a cloned teen career.
Is this possible??

Yeah,this would be possible, but you'd need the opposite in the elder career and then you'd have two careers for each career (you know what I mean) which would make those careers more likely to appear in the newspaper (cause they'd be two of them).
A better idea is to have a job levels that can't be reached by a teen (maybe a use for that unused gardening skill req), but are automatically reached by an elder, this one it's still one career.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suicidenic
Okay, I just made a custom career and tested it. It appreared in the Newspaper under 'Adult Industry' but when my Sims took the job the job titles and description were for the criminal career. However, the skill points they need to advance are the ones I customized. The chance cards were also for the criminal career. I have no idea what I've done wrong, any hints?

Are you using english US, or english UK for the sims - and did you change the right one?
Did you change both the male and female job titles and descriptions?
Did you acually change the files? I had trouble with this - got to hit change (or change all) and then commit file changes (and save the file).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 7:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angeldukas
hello,
but I am at the Object Data right now and it says I need to change the GUID to a unique number, now I'm not sure if I just make a number up (I highly doubt this option) or I know that on one of the few tutorials I have tried that I had to go to the Hash Generator and copy and paste the 0x??????? number into it and click GUID and then paste the long number that appears into the hash value and that it was my new GUID or something like that.
Angel

does this link help http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32227
#70 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 10:56 AM
I dont get the whole "guid" thing, do you HAVE to have a guid or unique guid for each of your objects/careers/etc. to work? Or can the items work work without 'em?
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:01 PM
Are you using english US, or english UK for the sims - and did you change the right one?
Did you change both the male and female job titles and descriptions?
Did you acually change the files? I had trouble with this - got to hit change (or change all) and then commit file changes (and save the file).

I'm writing in US-English, press change all (so other languages see the English text) I change the foreign ones after thorough testing.
Yes, I write different for males and females.
Yes, I change all, and you have to check if your assigned GUID (I use getGUID to get a unique one) appears in every file. (Usually I go through the file list, pick the top one of each and go to the packed file tab, change the GUID to mine and click change all.) When that is done I save and test. If you don't do the GUID part, the new career appears as a replacement!!!

Cheers,
Dutchy
Test Subject
#72 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:05 PM
Yeah,this would be possible, but you'd need the opposite in the elder career and then you'd have two careers for each career (you know what I mean) which would make those careers more likely to appear in the newspaper (cause they'd be two of them).
A better idea is to have a job levels that can't be reached by a teen (maybe a use for that unused gardening skill req), but are automatically reached by an elder, this one it's still one career.

Actually this is the best solution, but since you have the teen version checked by the program by default, you don't need to put a check in the Elder version (I think). But since I don't know how to write that little piece of code in the BHAVs, I can't try it out yet.
Messing with teh separate levels appears at the moment not such a good idea. Strange texts appear when receiving a promotion. I'm still fiddling with those (as in more than the default 3 levels for Teen/Elder).

Cheers,
Dutchy
Test Subject
#73 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:21 PM
Thanks bidou, I understand it now...

But well I have come across another question....(told ya I'd probably have another one...lol) it's for the tuning work hours...I get the bit1=monday, bit2=tuesday, etc...but in my coding I get 0000 some of the endings have 79 on them, and I asked my bf who is suppose to understand binary since he works with it and he just confused the living begeeshers out of me. He says that the 0000 are all separate bits and that bit 1 is the last 0 and bit 2 is the second last0 and so on. I told him that he was wrong so he asked me to tell him how it was...of course...I couldn't so I am left to fend for myself on this one and am asking for help again cause I am really confused now if I wasn't before.

Angel Dukas

Please don't laugh at me for being a stupid blonde...it runs in the family.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 12:40 PM
angeldukas - here an example
lets say you want to work mon, wed, sat. sun
so the first bit (mon) should be 1 (work that day)
second bit (tues) should be 0 (don't work)
third (wed) = 1
forth & fifth (thur, fri) = 0
sixth and seventh (sat, sun) = 1
so we get 1100101 (note: monday at this end, sunday other end)
this is a binary number and we need to convert to decimal
The windows calcultor can do this but its not to hard to do manually like so
bit 1 + (2*bit2) + (4*bit3) + (8*bit4) + (16*bit5) + (32*bit6) + (64*bit7)
so
1 + (2*0) + (4*1) + (8*0) + (16*0) + (32*1) + (64*1)
1 + 4 + 32 + 64
101 (the value in the bcon)

Hope that helps - now go give your BF some lessons
Test Subject
#75 Old 18th Dec 2004 at 1:17 PM
bit 1 + (2*bit2) + (4*bit3) + (8*bit4) + (16*bit5) + (32*bit6) + (64*bit7)
so
1 + (2*0) + (4*1) + (8*0) + (16*0) + (32*1) + (64*1)
1 + 4 + 32 + 64
101 (the value in the bcon)

Okay thanks again bidou, I really feel like a dummy now considering I was a math whiz in high school...lol I should have known this but I am going to blame it on a brainfart! Errgh!

Oh and I showed the bf your equation and he claims that it is what he was telling me to do but the diagram he made me looked like this...

0 0 0 0
| | | |
So you can probably see where I was getting confused since there are 7 days and only 4 numbers.

Please don't laugh at me for being a stupid blonde...it runs in the family.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 6