Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
Default Broken CC/Disappearing in game CC
My main question here is, is it possible for CC to not even show up in the game even though it is in your mods folder? I'm organizing all my CC and I'm looking at all this hair I have downloaded and I feel like I don't even see half of it when in CAS.

Also, this is to do with the Mod Conflict Detector on this site, I probably should post this question in the comments but I am here so,
- I opened and ran the mod conflict detector and it says I have 0 broken files. Just a lot of duplicates and the light blue mod conflict, which I've seen most people say they never have issues with those and you mostly don't need to worry about them. However, I have a few items where I get the red and black huge question mark. Also, some items when I place them they just disappear. This is mostly with separated bed frames/mattresses/blankets. Could this be an issue labeled as the light blue mod conflict in there?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:18 PM
Items that disappear after you place them are probably recolors that you need the mesh for them to show up in your game, same goes for hairs..
some stuff require certain packs that if you don't have them you won't see the items that relay on items from this pack
you need to read more carefully the cc description before you download it..
and for the meantime, you can go back to the creators sites, of which you downloaded the cc from (the cc that doesn't appear) ans check for a link to the mesh and pack related comments..

generally speaking the mod conflict detector isn't a great tool other than for finding duplicates.. it detects legit mods as well, not only bad broken stuff..
using Sims4Studio would be much better idea to organize your cc and to be able to batch fix stuff that needs updating for certain game updates etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Items that disappear after you place them are probably recolors that you need the mesh for them to show up in your game, same goes for hairs..
some stuff require certain packs that if you don't have them you won't see the items that relay on items from this pack
you need to read more carefully the cc description before you download it..
and for the meantime, you can go back to the creators sites, of which you downloaded the cc from (the cc that doesn't appear) ans check for a link to the mesh and pack related comments..

generally speaking the mod conflict detector isn't a great tool other than for finding duplicates.. it detects legit mods as well, not only bad broken stuff..
using Sims4Studio would be much better idea to organize your cc and to be able to batch fix stuff that needs updating for certain game updates etc.

I alwaaays read before downloading CC which is why I was confused. I might have just missed the need mesh part because it's only a few items that do that. I'm definitely going to go back and check once I see exactly which ones are disappearing in game.
Thank you for the info

Check out my tumblr for more creations that haven't made it to MTS yet!