Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#3426 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:18 PM
Double dating: a book on how to do it with everyone in town without getting spotted
By Paul Bubbleland

I have to admit my sim Paul - a romance sim - is the hoe of the town. He dates everyone and woohoos everyone. There is no end to him.

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Scholar
#3427 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
Double dating: a book on how to do it with everyone in town without getting spotted
By Paul Bubbleland

I have to admit my sim Paul - a romance sim - is the hoe of the town. He dates everyone and woohoos everyone. There is no end to him.

I used to dislike Romance Sims, can you believe it?
Much later I started liking the drama they often bring to my hoods, but it's always surprising how some of them manage to stay away from it
DRAMA!! I WANT DRAMA!
xD
Alchemist
#3428 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybaileys
Recovering from a heatstroke!
I've only sent her jogging and she arrived almost dead, I've found her lying on the ground, quickly I place her at home safe from sunrays. I didn't know what to do, but she is alive fortunately. I still can't belive this happened, I though you had to be sunbathing for this lol, I laugh now but if she dies..
The sunburn is cute btw

Oh, yeah, it happens all the time if they stay out too much in my hood where it's all summer all the time. This is one of my favorite things, btw. They will go to it to cool off autonomously and it looks awesome in my working class households. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=491319

I have a few great shots of my Pleasantview today which has really developed over time into a hood for the working poor. The local bar, a remake of Lucky's and the local bowling alley, a remake of Speedy's, are favorite hangouts for the sims to blow the rent money, and through a lot of trial and error, they are absolutely fab for total autonomy, no need to tell these Sims how to have fun!

I love hanging in Lucky's with them, but I think Big Bowl is my fav right now cuz they will bowl, dine, play pool, socialize... all on their own. Awesome!
Mad Poster
#3429 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:00 PM
Gabriel Newson (one of Gabriella Newson and Mickey Dosser's twins) built a snowman right in front of the stairs to their trailer. This lead to:
1. His Mum, Dad and brother being stuck inside
2. Him being stuck outside in the freezing cold in his underwear
3. Gerome (twin brother) missing school and getting a D report card
4. Nobody watching him become a teen
5. Him missing his brother's birthday (and their shared cake)
6. Mickey getting fired for not going to work
7. When the house set on fire, the firemen couldn't get to the fire

Luckily, nobody was seriously harmed. Gerome managed to put the fire out before it spread too far.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#3430 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:37 PM
Linnea Wentworth had rather boring day - she just tried to survive the last hours of pregnancy, went shopping for fall outfits, and talked with her brother over phone. She was about to clean the kitchen when labor started. Thanks to multiples mod, Linnea gave birth to not one, but two babies - Bjorn and Bente. This is the third set of twins born in Emerald Heights, and Bente is the first girl born in this town.
I would like to say that Linnea is proud and happy, but she looks rather unimpressed. She is considering a marriage with Sebastian Rafferty. Obviously, she has lost all illusions about him, but being married to rich cheater is better than being a broke single mother of twins, at least in Linnea's book.
Forum Resident
#3431 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:10 PM
Roxie Sharpe's daughter Lux is at university and I thought it would be fun to move her into the house her mom lived in. No one has lived in it since Roxie and Edwin graduated. I moved her in and discovered a rotting pizza on the floor, which has been there for approximately 30 years.
Mad Poster
#3432 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Gabriel Newson (one of Gabriella Newson and Mickey Dosser's twins) built a snowman right in front of the stairs to their trailer. This lead to:
1. His Mum, Dad and brother being stuck inside
2. Him being stuck outside in the freezing cold in his underwear
3. Gerome (twin brother) missing school and getting a D report card
4. Nobody watching him become a teen
5. Him missing his brother's birthday (and their shared cake)
6. Mickey getting fired for not going to work
7. When the house set on fire, the firemen couldn't get to the fire

Luckily, nobody was seriously harmed. Gerome managed to put the fire out before it spread too far.

Reasons number 1000 - 1007 why I believe there should be enough doors leading to the outside (and the inside)
Scholar
#3433 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:34 PM
Although the young queen, Stella Terrano, had been sent to the Simworld for the express purpose of starting a new colony in the Sedona desert and producing an heiress with the Xisean full-blood, PT#9 Smith, she has decided to put off having children for a little while. Her advisers had assured her that Sims were of limited intelligence and could be used as drones, but having met Ophelia Nigmos (whom she had assumed was PT#91 Johnny Smith's drone, and had expected to borrow as nursemaid for her children), she now realizes that they simply have a different social structure, and that it would be very insulting to Ophelia to treat her as a drone.

But what of the quarter-bloods, Cassiopeia and Orion Collensworth, or Jill Smith, with her completely Sim appearance? On the home-world, these children would be raised as drones, and they are of alien descent, so she should have jurisdiction over them. Yet PT#91 tells her that Jenny Smith treats Jill as an equal with himself, PT#92 Lola and PT#93 Chloe, while Phil Collensworth and Aaron Atkins treat their combined four children as equals, too.

What a strange world she has landed in, where birth queens also do the work of drones, but limit themselves to one pollination technician! Stella cannot imagine raising her children herself - she'd be the laughing stock of Xisea! - but how does one go about finding a suitable drone on this strange planet?
Instructor
#3434 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 3:46 PM
Two sims from my favorite family died back to back when they came from work. I saved then exit the game in frustration. I'm beyond tired the Real Sickness Mod killing my sims. I'm thinking about deleting it and starting another integrated hood. However, I really don't want to because I worked so hard on my current integrated hood. Maybe, I'll start a new hood, and I could always go back to Elgin, went I miss it.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#3435 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:23 PM
Finally the baby boom in Tinsel Town is ended with the birth of Victor Shaw. His sister, Faye doesn't quite know what to do about him, but she sure doesn't like the smell and noise he creates. Maybe she can ask for a separate room from Daddy.
On Day 21, all the children will begin to turn into teens. It's going to take about 6 days to get them all teenified, but it'll be enjoyable to watch them mix it up with one another. There are some real heavy duty possible romances on the boundaries.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#3436 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:18 PM
It happened that after having completely re-modeled my Sims' house, the game decided to crash right while I was saving.
My game never crashes, lately I have had few issues beause I messed up with the Wardrobe Wrangler, but after having that fixed, no problems... until now.
The bad thing is that it was memory-texture (?) related issue, I hope I won't get it again.
Instructor
#3437 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:06 AM
I recently installed @marka93 Beginning Pleasantview. I originally was going to have it as an integrated hood, but I changed my mind and decided to just bring it up to the main Pleasantview. Things should be interesting as ACR takes everyone over.

Mad Poster
#3438 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:14 PM
Cyril had been so angry. He wanted a life. He wanted to live on his own, have a wife and children. But the Council decides everything. They made him stay with his mom, Libbie. They made them close the bakery. His mom had been relieved because it was hard work. He was livid. He loved the place.

Then his mom won the baby lottery. His MOM! She was a very elderly lady, but the Council knows best, doesn't it (rolling eyes). She died before the baby was even born (her partner carried it).

But finally, even though he is now an elder, himself, it happened. Cyril won the baby lottery. A beautiful woman was given to him for his wife, and guess what? He actually loves her! The pair just welcomed twins! They have a little girl, Platt, and a little boy, Kadin. Yay!

He couldn't be happier. He's still in the same house, still in the crappy job he hates (just got demoted). But his house is full of joy now. In addition to the babies, his mom's old partner is still there by Council orders, so Cyril gets to play with the adorable toddler who is his half brother. Sometimes things work out.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#3439 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 4:40 PM
I... I think Cecily Wentworth, Sebastian Rafferty, and townie/Cecily's roommate Sinjin Couderc just had the closest thing to threesome my game could possibly allow (the only romance mod I have is ACR).
I am mildly traumatized.
Lab Assistant
#3440 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:39 PM
Stunned in my game, to be honest. Nanny put toddler in the high chair and actually fed him! This is a red letter day! Then, later, daddy taking toddler to high chair and his carpool showed up. Dad stopped, spun to change clothes, then took off to carpool and drove off -- with the toddler in his arms! Toddler is not on the lot. I am confused and amazed by this.
Instructor
#3441 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by altanna
Stunned in my game, to be honest. Nanny put toddler in the high chair and actually fed him! This is a red letter day! Then, later, daddy taking toddler to high chair and his carpool showed up. Dad stopped, spun to change clothes, then took off to carpool and drove off -- with the toddler in his arms! Toddler is not on the lot. I am confused and amazed by this.

It was "Bring you kid to work"-day!
Forum Resident
#3442 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 10:39 PM
So there was another giant birthday party in my game.
The teen who grew into an adult was pretty upset he never went to college - now his family was too poor
Anyway, I have a teen keeps lovers when grow adult mod
I didn’t think much over my teens girlfriend was on the lot before I was about to bring Luciana (a toolset) to the cake, and right as she was about to have her birthday scenery the woohoo for the first time with a new sim scenery begun and it showed up that ACR had made my new Adult woohoo with his minor girlfriend ---’
And right as that was done the birthday scenery started ---
It’s the first woohoo where I have seen other sims stand and celebrate the woohoo xD it was crazy birthday party!

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#3443 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:41 AM
At the SimCity Police Station, Blake Jitamakusol tried repeatedly to get mug shots of Hermia Capp in which she didn't look so irritatingly like a tragic victim of circumstances. Having pretty much failed, he took her back to the holding cell and returned to the front desk.

"Has bail been set for her yet?" Benedick Monty was demanding of Lola Curious. He was flanked by his sister Beatrice and Lucy Burb; Beatrice looked disgusted, while Lucy looked excited. Benedick's own expression was cold and distant.

"We're paying it," Lucy butted in. "Well, Tony is. He said to fill in the amount on this check -- he's too busy, he sent us."

Upstairs in the break room, Chester Gieke stared at his plate of bass with squash. He'd taken two bites as yet, and could barely see the food through his fogged-over glasses. Soon enough, somebody was going to come looking for him with work to do, and he wasn't having much luck in getting his lunch eaten...although he wasn't very hungry, he realized. Eating was at least an excuse to get away from people he couldn't cry in front of.

"You are not going to believe this." Max Flexor didn't look like he had a job for Chester, and took a helping of fish with gusto before sitting down and continuing. "You offed Consort Capp, right? And his body just disappeared, and then he came back? Well, guess whose body's gone missing now?"

"Turned to dust and we lost the dust," Chester replied, poking at his food. "And he's a vampire anyway. All I did was stop him for the night, really." He didn't want to even guess an answer to the last question; it brought back images from the Capp graveyard, images both distressing and not conducive to digestion. Rather like the Broke trailer, that was a night that had left permanent marks on the minds of its survivors.

Max looked disappointed. "Well, anyway," he said, "Captain Prince never made it to the morgue. Not the first time they've lost a body, but this is taking it to another level. Sentiment aside, he's evidence, and how do you think that kind of evidence goes missing in transit? I'd bet he never even left Veronaville... Hey, aren't you going to finish this?"

Chester was already out the door, running for the nearest phone. The last body to go missing had been that of Nina Caliente, and given the bizarre rumours he'd heard from very reliable sources about the goings-on of Malcolm Landgraab... After that much head trauma? Yeah, right. He's dead...but...whatever, we are not losing that evidence! He picked up the phone, started to dial, and realized the line was dead. As was every other phone in the place. Trying not to panic but convinced that this was more Capp meddling and a prelude to an attack, Chester fled downstairs.

"I'm through with this!" Kristen Loste was yelling at Lola. "Don't you dare say this is a bad time to use the vacation days I'm owed. I have had it with everything I'm expected to deal with; I'm going to the airport!" Her expression softening only slightly, she added, "I'll only be gone a few days. I'll be back for the funeral. Now you explain to him why he needs to stop talking before he starts implicating himself in several crimes that we've already agreed not to notice. I'm getting really tired of having to second-guess my moral position." Him was a reference to Malcolm Landgraab himself, who had just told her what Nina had done to him after she had left the mansion.

((I'm trying something new with vacations where the whole household doesn't go, to avoid temporal disruption; the vacationers will have their want to go on vacation locked, then move to an extremely cheap hostel room from which they can go to transportation comm lots and then eventually on vacation in the normal manner. Upon return, they can also have a "trip back" at the comm lots before moving back in with the rest of the household. The only issue I can see is that it may be a way to dodge bills...))

Lola was less concerned about the phones being down than Chester, but extremely upset when he told her about Paris' body going missing. When Malcolm implored them to catch Nina somehow before she harmed herself or someone else -- and return her to him -- Chester turned on him. If this was what the first missing body had become...the idea of Paris reanimated as some macabre pet made Chester much more forceful than he usually was, and Malcolm suddenly realized that clearing out was a good idea. Lola demanded to know whether Chester was pleased with himself, making such leaps of imagination so inappropriately. They were close to arguing when Isabella Monty showed up, having been called by her grandson; while Lucy, Beatrice and Hermia had left (Hermia bewildered at the unexpected rescue, but not willing to question it), Benedick had stayed behind and shown his disapproval of his father's actions by calling in his grandmother to countermand those actions. Trying to be heedful of Lola's criticism, Chester tried to question Isabella about Paris' missing body; she replied with some very unfunny joking about how Capps could make anything disappear, up to and including bombs, so how could he expect Hermia Capp to ever return to custody? She made several allusions to other things -- and people -- that might go missing, but he didn't understand that until later.

"My cover's toast," Alex Teatherton said as Lola cleaned the scrapes on her face in the early hours of the morning. "And so would I be if...look, I've seen weird things, and I know you all have too. All I know for sure is that after I tripped, something scared off my...well, not my crew any more, I guess. Just before I tripped, I saw it too, and I thought I was already dead. The lighting was bad, so it might not mean anything, but there were two guys that looked, um, dead, heading toward us. One of them very dead. The other one looked a whole lot like old Patrizio Monty, who's supposed to be dead and buried..."

"What about the very dead one?" Chester asked her. She grimaced in reply, and he didn't think it was because of the sting of the disinfectant.

"Hard to tell who he looked like," she replied after a pause. "His head was...eh...and I barely saw him anyway. What I did notice was that he was wearing one of your uniforms."

"What does 'eh' mean?" Lola asked.

"Like a good piece of it wasn't there," Alex replied. "Which I'm sure he saved me from."

To Lola, Chester's rambling earlier started making far too much sense. A dead man walking in a police uniform, a dead man with a piece of his head missing. She wasn't going to forget her last sight of Paris, so different from who had stood beside her only a minute before.

Downstairs, Max was engaged in a discussion with Loki Beaker that would have been of interest to Lola and Chester. According to Loki, two research subjects had gotten lost in SimCity while undergoing scans of some kind; they were involved in a study of ischemic brain damage, and he was concerned that they were unable to look after themselves or find their way back to Strangetown. As Max dutifully took down the report, he imagined how nice a time Kristen must be having at Three Lakes...

"Whatever saved you, I'm glad it did," Blake told Alex after Lola and Chester had retired to the bunkroom. "We don't need anything else happening...and I'd miss you."

"I'd miss me too," Alex said. "I'm going to try to get some sleep too..."

"I need to check if the phones are back up," Blake said. "Um, I've never kissed anyone before. When I thought about missing you, I realized I'd miss out on kissing you. May I kiss you goodnight?"

The dear boy was adorable, Alex thought as she let him kiss her on the lips. She hated to encourage such fawning adoration, but she had to admit that it was fun. As for Blake, he was thrilled to finally get his first kiss, and with someone so impressive.
Instructor
#3444 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:17 PM
Beginning Pleasantview (BGP) — Round 1

Things in BGP are starting off swimmingly well, as its residents get conformable in their new homes. The two richest families of the hood, the Goths’ and Crumplebottoms’ are both expecting to have children next round. The Bachelors’ are holding off from having children for now, so they can focus on work and making friends.

My favorite family so far, the Newbies’ are financially struggling. With less than $400, they can’t afford a crib for upcoming newborn. To make matters worse, a burglar came to their house and set their couch on fire. It’s a good thing that they had a fire alarm near the living area. Unfortunately, the police didn’t catch the burglar, so they didn’t get the $500 reward. Mags Newbie was able to find a job (while Bob Sr. is still looking), so hopefully, the money train will get rolling after Bob Jr. is born.

Scholar
#3445 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:50 PM
Blair Goodie couldn't believe it. One minute he'd been chatting on the phone while his adoptive father practised his charisma skill in the mirror. He'd heard Herbert cough and step away from the mirror, but he'd been caught up in what his friend was saying. A minute later, he'd turned around and Herbert was dead.

Moving like a zombie, he made the necessary arrangements for Faith and Herbert to be buried in the Gamesend Grounds, then started packing up the furniture and selling it off. Gabriel Green must have heard him crying, because he'd come down from one of the other apartments to see what was going on, but seeing that Blair had everything under control he'd left him in peace to get on with it.

Finally, with everything sold off and the proceeds safely in a Wallet Token, his gypsy lamp packed away in inventory, Blair pulled out his phone and called the university. He qualified for an extra scholarship now, of course, though he thought the congratulations were in rather poor taste. With one final look around the lifeless apartment that had been his home for the past 14 years, Blair summoned a taxi and headed off to La Fiesta Tech.
Field Researcher
#3446 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:27 AM
So what's going on in my game? Well I rediscovered my Uni Sim. I thought it was odd that a pair of Sims in my world were so old... with such a young kid. Then I realized that oh, it was their second child.
The first one I sent off to uni. Where there was a lot of studying (The guy is a top student. Apparently. But when I got back to it, he had a way to go. I'm not sure this year will be such a success...) Also fun, like gaming and throwing darts. His One True Hobby is Nature though so he took his girl-friend (He wants to be friends but they aren't yet.) out for a trip. They ran into Posion Ivy. Whoops. Not the best date... That said, he also started building a snowman on his own. Then he patted a penguin that came strolling by.

And also... he had his first kiss ever? With a guy. I mean uni is a great time to experiment?

Also. Yes. He got a bad case of big nose. That's Sim genetics for you.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#3447 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:32 AM
Not a lot as I keep getting involved in contests.
However, in Desiderata valley, the king is dead, the murderers have been hanged and the king's brother is now regent. I got that far at least. They're now all waiting in limbo for me to get back to them.
Mad Poster
#3448 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
Loaded up a hood I use for various challenges, clicked on a house I didn't remember, and it had eight adult sims in it . . . one a plantsim . . . hmm, looks like I left a half-finished asylum. That sounds fun.

Welp, no, that's a finished asylum, Mr. Plantsim had maxed seven skills and gone permaplat. There were three children and two infants in the household, and half the adults were pregnant--including the plantsim. And I remember exactly none of playing them. All the adults except Mrs. Grilled Cheese were employed in various low-level careers. I played them a couple days, and then moved out Mrs. Grilled Cheese, Mr. Family (who had married), and her two kids by Mr. Pleasure. They somehow took all the family funds with them, all 16,000, which was enough to build them a little bitty house on a 2x2. Mr. Family--Bryce--wants to graduate three kids from college, and her-Gertrude-twins, Harold and Irene, aren't his. Got the baby born--a boy, Bryan, and then another pregnancy (all ACR, I promise!) resulted in twins, Gerald and Matthew, and Harold and Irene grew up to teens, Harold rolled knowledge/fortune and Irene family/fortune. The teens have managed best friends with their step-dad over the chess board.

Left them there and went back to the main house. Ms. Romance was pregnant by Mr. Plantsim and gave birth, then promptly (like within two seconds) hopped in the photobooth and got pregnant by Mr. Pleasure. Sigh. The two infants grew up cutely, the one is the daughter of Mr. Knowledge and Ms. Fortune, who show no inclination to make anything formal, but got another baby on the way, and will probably (hopefully) have enough funds to move out soon. The other is Ms. Popularity and Mr. Pleasure's. I'm not sure what to do with that trio. Next time I pop the lot open I'll get alien-plantsim twins from Mr. Plantsim, and then decide what I want to do with him, his three kids, and the rest of the bunch of former crazies.

Years ago, when I first started playing, I couldn't manage a family of eight with four working adults, two elders, a teen, and a child, starting with $20,000. Now, it's easy to manage a family of seven with one working adult that started with $16,000. Of course, the teens are working now, for scholarships, but I'm amused at how much skill in playing I've picked up over the years.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#3449 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:24 PM
The Downtown Capps got a robot-crafting station because Cornwall wanted one to do some research about robotics for his next book. He was in a decidedly good mood, and spent most of the day working away on it with a Thinking Cap on his head, and only stopped after he blew the fuses and had to go fix those instead. Kent wanted to be a zombie, and had to be chased indoors by Maxx twice during the day. Regan had trouble at work with a situation involving lunch decisions, and was infuriated that she was expected to choose meals for others at all; she was a tomb raider, not a caterer, and it wasn't like she ate that stuff! In fact, Jason Larson and Ajay Loner were her choices to entice to come over to provide dinner for the three vampires...
Helptato
#3450 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:57 PM
My legacy family continue to thrive, with almost all of generation 3 now teens. Barney was the latest to grow up, with a big family garden party with plenty of smustling as per Redds tradition. Gen 3 is also getting a unexpected member (thanks, Angel), and I just hope it's going to be one baby not triplets or quads!!

(Also, this is my 1000th post after 10 years of being on MTS!)

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Page 138 of 349