Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Averex : 27th Mar 2018 at 2:05 AM.
Default Game Crashing On Startup?
So I updated my game yesterday, and when I went to go play it today, it crashed before it even hit the loading screen with an error message saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." I've retried several times now, and each time it either crashes at the EA logo or the Maxis logo. I tried removing mods, deleting my cache files, and starting with new user files and it crashes every time.

My specs:
Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU 2.0 GHz
Memory: 4096 MB RAM
Graphics: AMD Raedon 5

The game has run fine in the past, albeit with some lag because I have a lot of CC and my computer isn't exactly the best for gaming, so I'm not sure why this is happening now. Has anyone else had this problem after the last update? Or is this something else specific to me?

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:56 PM
Your RAM is quite low, more still if you got all the packs I would start trouble shooting there, have you tried running the 32bit version instead of the 64bit in the Origin game properties? as it runs 64bit by default
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Your RAM is quite low, more still if you got all the packs I would start trouble shooting there, have you tried running the 32bit version instead of the 64bit in the Origin game properties? as it runs 64bit by default

I tried, and it still crashed. I don't think it would be that anyway because there have been times where I had it running in 32bit and the game told me to switch to 64bit.

As I've said, before the last update the game ran fine on my computer. This just kinda happened out of nowhere.

My Claim to Fame
Inventor
#4 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 7:54 PM
Recently I've got notification in game (after getting My first pet stuff pack), that my game doesn't meets minimal requirements or something like that. It was for the first time, sooo maybe they incerased hardware requirements?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:05 PM Last edited by Averex : 27th Mar 2018 at 2:04 AM. Reason: It's working again...lol
Pretty sure I got every kink worked out...guess we'll see if I have to pull it from the "solved" section again

My Claim to Fame