Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:16 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 18th Dec 2009 at 1:26 AM.
Default Any way to specify lot size numerically?
Basically, I'd like to be able to directly edit the lot size, position, and rotation data that you see in the grid on the lower left when you have a lot selected. Click-pause-clicking and double-clicking don't seem to make those fields editable. Am I missing a trick or is it just not possible?

Actually, I haven't figured out how to resize lots at all. Move em and rotate em, yes. But can you resize em?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 3:06 AM
There is no way to resize them that I have seen. Its looks you have to draw out the lot the specific number of tiles you want. To get them a specific number, you can turn on the grid, and zoom in fairly close so that the grid is smaller squares, then count squares as you draw the lot.

You can move them, use the "Move world object" and "Rotate world object" buttons, click and hold on the lot, and then do whatever you need to it.

You can also click on the lot with the "Select world object" tool, and you can edit Positions X and Z. You can also edit the Rotation Degree there, but I have found if there are roads (and possibly other world objects) in the way, it wont work.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 8:21 AM
It's weird why the size can't be edited. Once you have let go of the lot, you can't even drag it to a different size.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It's weird why the size can't be edited. Once you have let go of the lot, you can't even drag it to a different size.

Yeah, it is. I went through several lots trying to get one that would fit the bistro, same with the school and hospital. Would be nice if we had a chart for the minimum lot size required for rabbit holes, would cut down on some guess work.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:38 AM
I was going to ask if anyone had a list of the rabbit hole sizes. If we had that I could finally stop messinng around and get to creating!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:59 PM
I was able to resize my lot while I had the move object selected. If you click on that yellow globe looking thing in the corner the sides will all show a different color, click a side and move it.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 2:19 PM
I can move it like that, but not change its size

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)