Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:27 PM Last edited by xYuum : 31st Dec 2015 at 5:40 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default !Help! Objects are partly missing & won't re-install
Okay so I will give it my best and try to explain my problem, of which I yet have not found any solution/previous thread with a similar problem.

Some of my content - I will explain which ones further later- is not showing up in my game. When I open a game, I always get a notification which says that some objects could not be found and have been replaced. A lot of objects are also missing instead of being replaced, then I close the game without saving. However I tried to fix it with TSR rigfix (which did not work that well), restore previous versions of my sims 3 folder (I didn't had this problem some months before, when I took a break from sims 3) but it didn't change anything. I also should mention, that after my break, there actually was no CC at all, but I just had to re-install them from the launcher and at least the majority has been restored. The files that are missing in my game are actually all interior/objects, so my clothes/accesoires have been restored by the time I re-installed them from the launcher. However, when I open up the launcher and open the download register, there is this yellow triangle warning sign (https://gyazo.com/7f3da47530c6e05f4a9698fb362bda16) showing on some of my lots. There is a bubble showing up when I put my mouse on it, that says these lots contain EP's /SP's content, which couldn't be found and have been replaced. I found some of the lots from TSR again downloaded and tried to re-install them from the launcher again, because they're sims3.packages, but nothing changed. I don't know if it's only EP/SP content that's missing, because I remember I placed CC in my house, that's also missing now.

I have the following EP's / SP's: High-End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Late Night, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
(I admit I haven't tried re-installing the game because I can't find the cd) I have version 1.67.2

So I don't know where to start anymore, maybe there is someone who can create some theses out of this or assumptions of what could cause this issue

I'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere before, but I've been searching for days and couldn't find anything like this.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
sounds like either you're missing some CCs or some of your EPs/SPs are not working.

Yeah that's what I said but is there a way to find out which CC/EPs/SPs are missing/not working? :/
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 1:09 PM
How do you run your game? If you run your game through Origin, you're probably at the latest patch and need to enable your EPs/SPs at launch.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
How do you run your game? If you run your game through Origin, you're probably at the latest patch and need to enable your EPs/SPs at launch.

I run it through the launcher, so not through origin
Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 10:13 PM
If the missing content is included with the lots, maybe the creator included some content from an EP or SP, or some CC, and failed to mention it? Have you noticed any EP-specific features (interactions) not working? That could be a sign of an EP not being recognized by the game. Otherwise, if the missing objects aren't being replaced, they may not have a mesh in-game e.g. a CC furniture object cloned from an EA object, will default to the game object if the CC is removed before loading the save.

You might have taken out some CC by mistake, or it could have been installed improperly from the start (I sometimes have to install certain things 2-3 times via the Launcher until it "sticks").

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:12 PM Last edited by xYuum : 30th Dec 2015 at 5:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
If the missing content is included with the lots, maybe the creator included some content from an EP or SP, or some CC, and failed to mention it? Have you noticed any EP-specific features (interactions) not working? That could be a sign of an EP not being recognized by the game. Otherwise, if the missing objects aren't being replaced, they may not have a mesh in-game e.g. a CC furniture object cloned from an EA object, will default to the game object if the CC is removed before loading the save.

You might have taken out some CC by mistake, or it could have been installed improperly from the start (I sometimes have to install certain things 2-3 times via the Launcher until it "sticks").

Yeah I really think I accidently took out some CC, but I've never considered re-installing them more than 1 time, I will give it a shot and see!

EDIT: So I tried it 3 times, but unfortunately without luck. But I have an update concerning the error message:
It says that some objects couldn't load, and have been replaced. Does this suggests something?
Alchemist
#8 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xYuum
But I have an update concerning the error message:
It says that some objects couldn't load, and have been replaced. Does this suggests something?

Some custom content is created based on game meshes. For example, someone might clone a basegame armchair to make a custom content armchair. If you were to take that custom armchair out before loading your savegame, the game would see that it is missing and replace it with the mesh it is based on, then show you that message above.

If the armchair was a new mesh, taking out the custom content before loading your savegame would mean the armchair isn't replaced with anything (since it's not based on a mesh that already exists in the game).

The message your are seeing means that objects are missing from your game. This is due to content being removed/uninstalled, either by you or as a result of a glitch.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 7:05 PM
Some custom content is created based on game meshes. For example, someone might clone a basegame armchair to make a custom content armchair. If you were to take that custom armchair out before loading your savegame, the game would see that it is missing and replace it with the mesh it is based on, then show you that message above.

If the armchair was a new mesh, taking out the custom content before loading your savegame would mean the armchair isn't replaced with anything (since it's not based on a mesh that already exists in the game).

The message your are seeing means that objects are missing from your game. This is due to content being removed/uninstalled, either by you or as a result of a glitch.

Alright thanks again!
So I have to find something to fix the glitch now, right? Didn't knew that a glitch could also partly mess up your objects (I though it would ne only all or nothing), that's why I haven't considered it yet.
Alchemist
#10 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 10:50 PM
Personally, I've never heard of someone having this type of glitch and it NOT being due to uninstalled custom content.

Did you check to see that you have all EPs and SPs show up under Control Panel -> Programs and Features?
Did you check to see if the custom content you installed via Launcher is still there, in the Launcher?
Are you absolutely, positively, certifiably sure you haven't removed something yourself?
Are you able to identify which objects were replaced?

Which leads to this:

Quote: Originally posted by xYuum
I remember I placed CC in my house, that's also missing now.

And there you have your answer.

Check your files:
- if they are in the Downloads folder (.sims3packs installed via the Launcher) or Mods folder (.packages), your game isn't reading them;
- if they're not, you deleted them yourself.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 6:08 PM

Check your files:
- if they are in the Downloads folder (.sims3packs installed via the Launcher) or Mods folder (.packages), your game isn't reading them;
- if they're not, you deleted them yourself.

I've checked and I found a certain lot in the Downloads folder, which is also showing up in the launcher but marked with the yellow-exclamation mark sign. I remember a certain picture that this lot included, which I have used a lot. But now it's not showing up anymore when I open up the build/buy mode. I didn't download the picture individually before, I got it with the lot.

I am sure I have not deleted any CC eversince, and with this lot being in my Downloads folder (as a .sims3pack) chances are my game is not working right. If that's the case, would a re-installation help?