Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 12:50 PM
Replies: 7588 (Who?), Viewed: 691616 times.
Page 304 of 304
Theorist
#7576 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:23 AM
Which .dbc and .ebc files from the DCCache folder can I delete? I know I'll lose custom content doing this, but these files are always neglected in my game and are storing things that I have zero use for.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Site Helper
#7577 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:39 AM
ebc files are Store content. You probably want to keep them.
dbc files need to be read in order, although this isn't a problem if you rename files. You can take them all out, put the first one in, (Clear caches, just in case) check the "installed" tab in the launcher to see what is in it, and decide if it's a keeper or not. Then take it out, put the next one in, rename it so that it can be read, and repeat the process until you have evaluated all of your dbc files. Then rename the ones you are keeping so that they are in order.

Alternatively, you can delete all of them, reinstall the sims3packs for anything you want to keep, and not worry about it. (Assuming you have kept the sims3packs...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#7578 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
ebc files are Store content. You probably want to keep them.
dbc files need to be read in order, although this isn't a problem if you rename files. You can take them all out, put the first one in, (Clear caches, just in case) check the "installed" tab in the launcher to see what is in it, and decide if it's a keeper or not. Then take it out, put the next one in, rename it so that it can be read, and repeat the process until you have evaluated all of your dbc files. Then rename the ones you are keeping so that they are in order.

Alternatively, you can delete all of them, reinstall the sims3packs for anything you want to keep, and not worry about it. (Assuming you have kept the sims3packs...)

Thank you!

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7579 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:46 AM
How do I raise a wall with CFE to be :exactly: two walls high?
Lab Assistant
#7580 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:39 PM
Is there a way to change what days Sims work? And maybe the hours they work? I feel like they have too many days off, in some carreers.
Field Researcher
#7581 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
How do I raise a wall with CFE to be :exactly: two walls high?

Hmm my first idea is taking a 2-level high column from Build mode; when you place it it has the 3x3 size grid at the top which has to be :exactly: the height you want... I think. So you can use that column grid for the Level Terrain function. Maybe. I never did this so far, just an idea.
#7582 Old 24th May 2018 at 3:33 PM
Oh, thanks. I'll try that. The funny thing, though, is that it was one of your builds, I think it was the Salon tower, that prompted that question in the first place and has been bugging me ever since, causing me to now build tower after tower.
Field Researcher
#7583 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:48 PM
I thought those Into the Future utopian trees would be in buydebug, but they are not? I googled it and found the giant flower unhider mod, but I had no luck figuring out where to get the other colorfull plants from utopian future. Where can I find them colorfull trees? Do I need some mod or am I just that bad at looking for it in the catalogue?

Field Researcher
#7584 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
Founds these nice effects in a custom world I'm playing atm. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this is an effect from fog emitter, and if so: what is it called?

I figured out that those are wisps. Works through fog emitter.
#7585 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floraflora2
Hmm my first idea is taking a 2-level high column from Build mode; when you place it it has the 3x3 size grid at the top which has to be :exactly: the height you want... I think. So you can use that column grid for the Level Terrain function. Maybe. I never did this so far, just an idea.
Nope. Didn't work.
The top of a 2-story column connects to a second floor, not the top of the first.
Site Helper
#7586 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:15 PM
So building a 1x1 room that is 2 walls high and using it as your level measure wouldn't work, either?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#7587 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:19 PM
CFE works only on the same level. In order to have a two-level high wall I need a 1-level high wall that is on terrain 1 level above the one I want to raise. (Does that make sense?)
There are methods to raise the terrain to almost 1 level (15 steps) but in order to have it exactly the height of one wall I need an extra step. Of course I could add another 15 steps to the 15 and then remove 14 again to have the final 16-steps high terrain, but I wonder whether there is an easier method.
Videos I've seen use a "click-method" with the terrain tool, with 12 clicks equalling 1 wall (or 16 steps). But I've never been able to be precise with terrain clicks.
Alchemist
#7588 Old Yesterday at 10:42 PM
Is there a way for a Sim to Fish Indoors? I have a Supernatural EP Vampire that continually has wants to raise his fishing skill but can't fish for very long because of his reaction to the sun. He works at night, so it seems like there is not enough time during the night for him to fish before the sun rises and he has to get indoors. (I don't have Late Night, so any solutions will need to work for Supernatural only).
Site Helper
#7589 Old Today at 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Is there a way for a Sim to Fish Indoors? I have a Supernatural EP Vampire that continually has wants to raise his fishing skill but can't fish for very long because of his reaction to the sun. He works at night, so it seems like there is not enough time during the night for him to fish before the sun rises and he has to get indoors. (I don't have Late Night, so any solutions will need to work for Supernatural only).

You can put a pond in an old-style basement if there is no floor overhead while you dig it out. Just make a gap in the foundation around the edge so you don't have to fight with the "inside a foundation" warning. You should be able to fill the gap again when you finish building, if you start your foundation repair on top of one of the squares that already has it and stretch to another one that has the foundation. Putting the overhead floor back is another matter. You're probably going to be stuck with the hole in the floor above the pond. (Although you can make it look good if you get very creative.)

You might want to buy 10 of each kind of a number of fish to stock your pond (Or just use fish spawners from debug) if you want to increase the odds of actually catching something.

("Old-style basement" is the kind where you dig a hole one wall-height deep and then line it with foundation around the outside edge. And you can put a regular wall along the inner edge if you are careful and lucky, so you don't need to worry about Move Objects to decorate.)

Don Babilon: Would the fact that a platform appears to be one step high be helpful in raising terrain 15 steps and then adding one more? (I don't use CFE because it plays havoc when I decide to remodel the lot. So I'm just brainstorming.)

Page 304 of 304