Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 10967 (Who?), Viewed: 1345674 times.
Page 439 of 439
Scholar
#10951 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
Brooding sims get a lot of neat interactions with other sims and themselves and get some nice moodlets. I like them almost as much as grumpy, neurotic, or loner sims.


THey grew up him and his bf dated well and got along great through their teenage years. Add the brooding trait and he's now so incomparable with his now husband. Oh I have tried to fix things only to make things worse. They've literally been fighting since my brooding Sim shared his feelings. Sad thing is with NRAAS mod I have they have 4 kids already (one set of twins) and now they have to watch their daddies fight.

Sure NOW I feel bad for a Sim, after how many I killed on purpose.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Forum Resident
#10952 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:45 PM
TIL that Sometimes, a genie comes out of her lamp not in her genie outfit.

I guess she really wanted to use the water slide. She was using it until nightfall.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#10953 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 4:41 AM
I know that I am a bit late with University EP, but anyway I discovered today that you can pick up street art commissions and they pay very well. This is very helpful. Especially after becoming dirt poor from receiving fines because I obviously had to tag every single building in the neighbourhood :/ And then the police takes you back to the dorm and scolds at you, while you try to block their view so they can't see that the dormitory is covered in graphiti.



*tags this post*
Lab Assistant
#10954 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 9:53 AM
I discovered that toddlers can read toddler books by themselves. I had no idea. One of my sims randomly left a toddler book lying around on the floor, and the next time I switched over to the toddler, it was reading the book by itself. Pretty cool. Is this a base game function? Or might it be a mod? I've just never seen it before.
Forum Resident
#10955 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
I know that I am a bit late with University EP, but anyway I discovered today that you can pick up street art commissions and they pay very well. This is very helpful. Especially after becoming dirt poor from receiving fines because I obviously had to tag every single building in the neighbourhood :/ And then the police takes you back to the dorm and scolds at you, while you try to block their view so they can't see that the dormitory is covered in graphiti.



*tags this post*

You can pick up money at the administration building using the "apply for extra funds" option. 2,500 simolians for start, up to 5,000 if you max out your grades.
I usually go for two weeks and take the minimum units just to do some age free leveling up and to get about 40,000 simolians. If you do one week at a time, you have to start over leveling out your school performance the second week, while two weeks you don't have to (so that's more money!). The problem is you can't just go ever day at 5 AM, because it makes you wait 24 hours from when you LEAVE the administration building, not when you go in. So, the time you can apply slowly creeps forward. Still, if you're going science track it's worth it until you get to where you can clone plasma bugs... then don't bother.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#10956 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riesen
I discovered that toddlers can read toddler books by themselves. I had no idea. One of my sims randomly left a toddler book lying around on the floor, and the next time I switched over to the toddler, it was reading the book by itself. Pretty cool. Is this a base game function? Or might it be a mod? I've just never seen it before.


It's an in-game function.
Forum Resident
#10957 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 3:14 PM
That enrolling University can be very profitable. When going back for 3rd term to complete the Fine Arts degree, I kept my grades up by only doing Street Arts commisions (wish I knew 1st and 2nd term ). 2000 for each small wall art (might have lifetime happiness rewards to raise this, not sure) The Street Arts skill also lvls very fast this way, because part of the reward seems to be also skill up. This feels very OP to me, but now I can go back and buy a nice house. And have money for my weird science sim to attend uni. He already builds plumbots without any relevant education, so best to put him in a safe environment I guess (meaning, away from my other sim).

Didn't realise I missed TS3 so much (Oh and so far no lag at all with my new pc, NRAAS suite of mods and ellacharmed fixed worlds )
Forum Resident
#10958 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 4th Jan 2018 at 10:40 PM.
I learned you can can edit a world in caw that already has a save attached to it. I began playtesting a world I had edited and got all my settings and edits just right only to find out I need to make bigger changes in caw. I still had my caw files so I edited the world in caw again and re-exported then cleared caches and all the old version files. I re-entered my save and everything is fine so far. The interactions and chosen household seemed to be the only things that were dropped. Cant believe I was scared to try this all this time.
(and my resources which tagged the world as Asian)
Mad Poster
#10959 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
I learned you can can edit a world in caw that already has a save attached to it. I began playtesting a world I had edited and got all my settings and edits just right only to find out I need to make bigger changes in caw. I still had my caw files so I edited the world in caw again and re-exported then cleared caches and all the old version files. I re-entered my save and everything is fine so far. The interactions and chosen household seemed to be the only things that were dropped. Cant believe I was scared to try this all this time.
(and my resources which tagged the world as Asian)

That's awesome. I'd be all over this if I could get CAW to work.

Look out for Bridgeport '88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Forum Resident
#10960 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
That's awesome. I'd be all over this if I could get CAW to work.

Caw used to give me issues until I started using a new computer that being said this method does not transfer world resources and ini files at least..I think so...anyway...I ended up having to start over anyway - u -
Field Researcher
#10961 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 6:27 PM
Sims with the Natural Cook trait have more success when discovering potions than other sims even at lower logic levels.
Forum Resident
#10962 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 8:56 PM
That I love plumbot crafting as a crazy scientist in a cellar on a tropical island. I like how they are very efficient cleaners and gardeners. Just don't give them a music chip.
Anyway, I like how much thought has gone into customising plumbots. The only thing missing here for my current steampunky gameplay is graveyard robbing and bringing a corpse back to life during a thunderstorm.
Test Subject
#10963 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
Caw used to give me issues until I started using a new computer that being said this method does not transfer world resources and ini files at least..I think so...anyway...I ended up having to start over anyway - u -


I haven't installed CAW yet on my new pc, any chance you're using win 10 and patch level 1.67?

I haven't really played sims since the pets came out so I'm constantly finding new things. Today I noticed that sims who have the night owl trait can be asked how late they stayed up. Nice detail, pretty useless in the grand scheme of things but still, a nice detail.
Field Researcher
#10964 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:25 PM


Two Sims can fish out of the same boat if you go boating together and then fish together - they interact and gain r/ship skill as they fish!
WOW!!! I HAD NO CLUE!!!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama onYoutube and Tumblr
Forum Resident
#10965 Old Yesterday at 2:15 AM
You can fish in the old mill water wheel andddd in my case there are a lot of sharks in this seemingly contained water source.
Forum Resident
#10966 Old Yesterday at 4:02 AM
I discovered that certain EP specific skills count for University progression (Martial Arts, Riding, Alchemy etc). I like the added roleplay value. This way you can make it seem as if you get a scholarship for something specific instead of just the base game skills. (I am currently meditating through University :p)
Forum Resident
#10967 Old Yesterday at 5:49 AM
I discovered something really terrible while once again trying for the perfect game.
I was felt something I've not felt since college taking econ 101... I was... BORED!
I've been playing for 10 years in just about every free moment... why would I be bored?

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#10968 Old Today at 9:47 AM
I discovered that my microphone was unplugged and I had recorded for about 40 minutes with just the game sound but I guess that's not really specific to Sims 3 itself.

I discovered that a character can glitch their picture away if they try to sleep in the wrong bed.
Page 439 of 439
Back to top