Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 1639 (Who?), Viewed: 76123 times.
Page 66 of 66
Field Researcher
#1626 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 7:52 PM
I'm sad, I just found out that angry grandpa died

- Anything is Possible -
Alchemist
#1627 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 12:28 PM
Started cleaning up my room. I got rid of the bulky dresser, sorted items to go into the basement. I'm currently resting and doing laundry, which oddly has a number of ankle socks, both with cuffs and no-shows.

I realized that I should mention I have a crush on Michio Kaku. He's got a great, but insane sense of optimism when explaining scenarios. He's also the oldest of my top 10 by 13 months to Alice Cooper.

In hindsight, I am sweating like crazy from shoving an empty dresser into the hallway. I should have paced myself.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Scholar
#1628 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetToddler
I'm sad, I just found out that angry grandpa died

I know! I had just heard about this, too.. I wasn't into the channel too much, but they had some hilarious stuff... I could also tell he cared about the fans quite a bit.
Top Secret Researcher
#1629 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 4:11 PM
On the mend. I haven't been sleeping well and couldn't figure out why until last night. The heat clicking on every 15-20 minutes when it was frigid out was keeping me awake. Now that is has warmed up, I actually slept for a change.

There's no rest for the wicked
Lab Assistant
#1630 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
On the mend. I haven't been sleeping well and couldn't figure out why until last night. The heat clicking on every 15-20 minutes when it was frigid out was keeping me awake. Now that is has warmed up, I actually slept for a change.

i had that too, when i was to my parents for 2 weeks (not that long ago) i wasn't feeling very well
it all started when my best friend had a sleepover at my parents's house. we we're talking like a lot, nothing was wrong with that of course
we went to bed at night but when i woke up i end up coughing a lot, i had a sore throat and my voice was a lot different because of the dry throat
i was kinda sick but when i was going to sleep (after my best friends parents picked her up) it came to bad to worse, when i was trying to sleep i almost throwned up because of the choke i had
i got a hot, i even went gagging, i had a headache and got a stitch so yes i was pretty much tired in the morning when i woke up

but luckily me i wasn't the only one who got sick in my country,
many people we're sick, i got better by saturday (a few days ago)
i almost spend the whole time being be sick at home at my parents and it really sucks back by then

i hope you feel better soon
#1631 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 9:44 AM
Pretty sure my cold/flu/something is breaking up now. I've stopped wondering if it's possible for lungs to get turned inside-out whenever I cough.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#1632 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:39 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 11th Jan 2018 at 1:15 AM.
Made a batch of my grape Jelly Kinder Gummis. I am still tweaking the gelatin ratios and the current batch is 1:1 of both flavored and unflavored gelatin in the dry mix. I will probably check on them later.

In reality, I can make the Jelly Kinder from any flavor or brand of fruit flavored gelatin. The majority of what's in my cabinet is Jell-O, but in the past, I also used Royal and Jel-Sert, the latter for their licensed flavors. Personally, I have yet to make Soda Jelly Kinder, where Soda is the sweetener and flavor base instead of being imbued in a portion of the dry ingredients.

I am a big cola fan and I drink the caffeine free types because panic attacks worsen with caffeine. My biggest goal, to achieve in the near future, is Cola Jelly Kinder.

I called them Jelly Kinder because I used a gingerbread boy mold from Wilton, gelatin is the basis of the candy, Gummi bears originated in Germany and they look like little children.

I can safely say that gummi candy is my passion and that I observed a moment of silence when the creator of Haribo Gummis died a few years back. No sense in lying, that's my policy.

I also should mention dry gelatin powders don't really go bad unless it gets wet or is stored in unsanitary conditions. Currently, we don't have a grease ant infestation (every summer in NJ, you will be relentlessly invaded by ants attracted to grease, and they will never reveal their secret to pissing you off by eating and contaminating your greasy foods) and I store the powders on a high shelf in a clean, dry pantry cabinet.

Edit: I tried the Jelly Kinder, and the flavor was weak but it was the same Haribo consistency I sought after. Next time, I will use 6 oz of flavored gelatin to 1 cup water.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Alchemist
#1633 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
Eugh, that exam... no no no..eugh... no. I hated it! Also I feel nauseous. Possible side effect of the anti-anxiety I took? or is it sadness because my ex drove me home and that just set me off in a terrible mood?

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#1634 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 7:40 PM
Meh!

We went to two stores looking for 2 specific things. Neither had what we were looking for. One of them just doesn't carry the thing we wanted, while the other can't be bothered to post "Sold online only" on their website.

We stopped by the vets office to make a appointment for the dog. While waiting in line I noticed a sign posted which stated that my vet will no longer be doing emergency calls after hours. This means that if one of the critters crashes for some reason, it will be hour-plus before we can get them seen. We have been talking for months about not taking in any more critters. My vet has solidified that issue.

While cleaning the rabbit's cage. I noticed one of the fish acting funny in the 40-gallon. I tested water parameters to make sure there is nothing wrong with the tank itself and there isn't, so I'm guessing it is old age. He would be 8-years old in April, so this doesn't come as a surprise, but it is still annoying. It seems like every time we have a snowstorm I lose fish. The tank was plugged into the generator the entire time the power was out, so they had their filters running as well as their heater so they did not get cold.

Time will tell if losing this one fish leads to the domino effect of more fish loss. This is usually how it happens.

Alchemist
#1635 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 11:07 AM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 12th Jan 2018 at 4:50 PM.
1 hour, 239 words into my 8 hour exam, already exhausted...
2 hours, 382 words into exam:
3 hours, 867 words: Decided to start writing the easier bit and focus on the introduction and problem sections later. Suddenly the world feels a whole lot easier.
4 hours, 1293 words: Really need the bathroom but don't want to leave my laptop in a public place
5 hours, 1695 words: Kill me now. Oh my god. I just want this to be over with!!
6 hours, 2078 words: Nearly there! Holy crap I just looked in the mirror and I look like a hobo! I've ran my fingers through my hair so much it's frizzing out everywhere.
(just under) 7 hours, 2366 words: I think I've done it. Also I realised I've missed a spot while washing conditioner out of my hair last night. Going to proof read it a bit more and then submit it how it is, and finally go home!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#1636 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 4:08 PM
Procrastinating. I want to clean out a closet downstairs, but I pulled a muscle yesterday as I discovered this morning when I tried to get out of bed. I'm going to get it done one way or the other, but I wasn't planning on it being a painful process. The 2 boxes from cleaning out the Christmas stuff from a week ago are still sitting downstairs due to the stupid weather. Today it is 60 degrees. The snow and ice are going away.

The crap needs to go! It will leaving the house Sunday unless something else happens that pushes my plan back yet another week.

Field Researcher
#1637 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:58 PM
Sick, I got the flu, yesterday my friend accidentally coughed in my mouth when I breathed in (her breath stank too ) and I immediately became sick the next day,

- Anything is Possible -
Alchemist
#1638 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 7:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Jan 2018 at 2:24 AM.
Stocked up on fluids and a bottle each of Echinacea, Zinc and Vitamin C pills to supplement me during the cold and flu season.

My father and I discussed a few stressful things: how I'm living paycheck to paycheck, my concerns of my limited career abilities and whether I'd be fit to raise a child. My mother has a somewhat low opinion on such matters and thinks I wouldn't be able to care for anyone, let alone myself.

I should be honest that I feel stressed when my mother says this stuff. Even worse is I have a homework assignment from therapy and it is going to be a rough couple of weeks before I bring my mother into the office.

Also, it looks like and feels like a cluster bomb went off in my room. I got overflowing garbage and recycle bins, unlabeled DVD albums where 1 in 3 are actually filled, various garbage and odds and ends on the floor, the book cases are in disarray and my set up for my 5 Generations of Nintendo consoles is being buried under magazines and controllers for them and my XBOX 360 and PlayStation 2.

Tomorrow, I am getting up and cleaning this disaster zone.

Alchemist
#1639 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 7:59 PM
Actually, fine. I currently have 3 doctor appointments this week. A psych appointment, a weight check in\respiratory check and I have to pick up my new eyeglasses. Today, I have time to watch TV on the downstairs TV (I am going to ask about running cable to my TV. Reason I don't have cable in my room was because I used to have a monitor before inheriting my late grandmother's TV during the final years. I didn't receive the TV until a few months after moving in)

Either way, I am taking advantage of my day off.

Lab Assistant
#1640 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:54 PM
i'm fine but my dad don't, i usually come to my parents for the weekend to spend the time with them or to my friends and sometimes myself too
and this weekends i was spending the time with myself (duh nothing is wrong with it and i know that nobody cares about it)
but it almost looked like i maked my dad sick since i was sick 1,5 weeks ago because he has exact the same symptoms as me when i was sick for almost 2 weeks
(but i already said my symptoms by my previous comment here)

but after my father came home from work i noticed he didn't feel very well (my mom pick me up 9 of the 10 times after we're both done with our work/jobs on friday)
my dad started coughing like a lot, he has a different voice, he has a dry throat and he has a sore throat (and when we we're going to bed, he started choking, he went gagging, had a headache and almost throwned up because of the choke he has) just like i had when i was with my parents for 2 weeks and a day.
i stayed longer to my parents then usual during a Christmas/winterbreak because i became sick when my best friend had a sleepover to my parents for 2 days.

nothing was wrong when my best friend came to my house, i wasn't sick yet back by then, but when the sleepover just started (when i woke up at night) i started getting sick.
and i thought i could feel better before old & new (or however you called that when you have permission to do something with fireworks)
but i kept being be sick. and the first one what i wanna do was crying when i don't feel very well but i kept it to myself and maked the best of it before new year just started,
and i didn't wanna cry infront of my best friend or else i'll feel so weak (she was sleeping to me from december the 27th till december the 29th)

but after like almost 2 weeks i started feeling better, i didn't got sick by this previous saturday anymore (when it was january the 6th)
i spended the time with my mom going to the shop buying some clothes and pads (but i don't needs to explain about the last one since all women's going go through that)

but i had a relax weekend this time expect maybe with a coughing from my dad since i could hear it all to my bedroom
i wasn't going anywhere, i called my best friend yesterday if i could come over by today though but she couldn't because she had a party by her little nephew
Page 66 of 66