Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 450 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:02 AM
Default Delphy's Obj Extractor for SimPE
I need Delphy's Obj Extractor for SimPE so I can extract the cars from the Nightlife Expansion. But the original page seems to be gone as links on other sites are broken.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:05 AM
Why do you need that? SimPE can extract obj files just fine in Object mode in the plugin view, in the GMDC resource.
Not entirely sure how it works with cars, but they're in the buy menu, so it shouldn't be a big problem. I think they're all there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 5:47 PM Last edited by speedo10 : 17th Jul 2017 at 6:01 PM.
Okay, I've cloned the sedan with SimPE, but when I click on any two of the GMDC resources, I get a warning: You need to install managed DirectX and I cannot find the export button. The Content tab where the export button should be is completely blank. It's the exact same problem as this.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#4 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:40 PM
Have you installed Managed DirectX? It's available as part of the DirectX SDK here, or standalone from the SimPE website here.

Do note that if you're making a car, you'll want to export the mesh by right-clicking the GMDC in the Resource List panel and clicking "Export" in that menu. The reason for this is that cars use joints for animations, and exporting an OBJ using the Export button in the Plugin View panel will strip out the joints, meaning your car's wheels won't turn and its doors won't open. The right-click menu, on the other hand, exports a straight GMDC which contains all the joint info, and can imported into your 3D editor using the UniMesh plugins.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:12 PM Last edited by speedo10 : 17th Jul 2017 at 8:04 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha
Have you installed Managed DirectX? It's available as part of the DirectX SDK here, or standalone from the SimPE website here.

Do note that if you're making a car, you'll want to export the mesh by right-clicking the GMDC in the Resource List panel and clicking "Export" in that menu. The reason for this is that cars use joints for animations, and exporting an OBJ using the Export button in the Plugin View panel will strip out the joints, meaning your car's wheels won't turn and its doors won't open. The right-click menu, on the other hand, exports a straight GMDC which contains all the joint info, and can imported into your 3D editor using the UniMesh plugins.

Cheers, that did the trick, the export button is back along with the rest of the GUI.


Actually, I can't seem to find the driveable cars in SimPE. When I go to Other/Vehicle, all there is are the Carrer Service, and Vacation cars.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:32 PM
Have you properly enabled all the EPs? If you haven't enabled Nightlife, you may not be able to extract cars. You can enable EPs in the properties (one of the dropdown menus at the top).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Have you properly enabled all the EPs? If you haven't enabled Nightlife, you may not be able to extract cars. You can enable EPs in the properties (one of the dropdown menus at the top).

Okay, I found them in General/Cars. Now I just need to get the rest of the colors.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#8 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:05 PM
If you want all the textures, re-clone the car and this time untick "Pull only default colours".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysha
If you want all the textures, re-clone the car and this time untick "Pull only default colours".

Thanks, that will save me lots of time running to get colors.
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:31 PM
another place for Managed DirectX seems to be in the DVD version of Sims2's base game.
DirectX folder of the DVD; compressed file named ManagedDX.
Back to top