Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2012 at 5:08 PM
How do I extract in-game animations for my mod?
I'd like to make a mod where sims will lounge longer on sofas. I have been reading up on various tutorials mainly having to do with pose making, and I believe I can do this but I don't understand how to extract in-game animations for use in milkshape. I would be changing the milliseconds to a higher number in the sims 2 animesh exporter, but first I need to find a way to get the file. I know that it's possible to extract in-game poses because I've seen some pose boxes that used extracted in-game poses, I just want to know how.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th May 2012 at 5:11 AM
There is a tool in one of Wes' animesh threads which is capable of turning *some* in-game animations into a text format, which can then be imported into Milkshape. They're here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=239060 (The "AniMAX" download)

It's limited in its effectiveness though. It's reliably able to deconstruct an animation written with Wes' tools, but only a small portion of the actual in-game animations come out in any usable format. (Nothing which uses overlays, or IK, or events other than the kinds you can add with AniMesh).

All that said, there are some modifications which can be made to an animation using BHAVs and/or SLOTs which might serve your purpose. Do you just want the animation to play slower? Or to start at a different location maybe?
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:07 AM
I want the animation to loop longer.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th May 2012 at 10:37 AM
Is it a looping animation (one which ends in "loop")? If so, then you just need to change the number of repeats the animation plays for in the BHAV.

Quote: Originally posted by Sims99Fanatic
I want the animation to loop longer.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th May 2012 at 11:07 AM
I'm still new to modding and BHAVs. The BHAVs in this just look like a big confusion mess of words I don't understand, but I think you might echo since you wrote the tutorial on them. I've taken pictures of my BHAVs and maybe you can help me make sense of what I'm trying to do, and tell me what exactly I need to edit in these. I have a hunch I have to edit the idles, though I might be way off in left field.

Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:17 PM
I know this thread is old, but how do I edit an animation from a custom object? I can see the anim resources but when I extract them, they come out as 5an files. I can't use them in anything. Any tips?

OH SNAP!