Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:28 AM
Can't Seem to Get the Correct File to Export as DDS from Package
I'm used to working with the _IMG file from S3. With S4, however, the _IMG file is just the letters C and M, while the file I want seems to keep coming up as UNKN, even though I see the DDS preview in the pane in S4pe. I've tried to edit the 0x number before exporting it to force it to be a DDS file, but PShop just doesn't want to work with it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and how I can rectify this so I can work on the actual image?
Advertisement
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I'm used to working with the _IMG file from S3. With S4, however, the _IMG file is just the letters C and M, while the file I want seems to keep coming up as UNKN, even though I see the DDS preview in the pane in S4pe. I've tried to edit the 0x number before exporting it to force it to be a DDS file, but PShop just doesn't want to work with it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and how I can rectify this so I can work on the actual image?

Ok, I apologize if you know all this already, but just in case you don't:

The "CM" image is the swatch image created by Color Magic ("CM"), that one you choose "export as file" within s4pe so as to edit it. The other file you are talking about, the one with the type UNKN that you can see in the preview pane in s4pe is either going to be your texture/diffuse (colored), or the shadow (b&w). To export either of those for editing you need to select "Export as DDS", not as file. If you don't have an export as dds option, it is most likely that you extracted s4pe with something other than 7-zip, at least that's what happened to me when I used WinRAR to extract it, you need to use 7-zip to extract s4pe correctly.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:47 PM
Thanks! I did extract s4pe using 7zip because of all the comments regarding that issue, and it was the first time that I could actually see the files properly. However, I don't get the DDS option, so I will try to extract s4pe again, and see what happens. Maybe my system just wants to give me a little trouble, who knows? However, since I didn't realize I should even have the option of saving as DDS, I thank you profusely.One step closer!

EDIT:

Okay. I'm blind. The export to DDS function is not in the same place as the export to file/package. It's on the face of the menu when I hit Resource...so I wasn't really looking for it. Thanks again!