Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop Won't Let Me Package Male Sims
I've run into a rather unique problem, or at least I think so. Bodyshop, will not let me package male sims of any age. It will let me package female sims, but no male sims - and ingame, if I try to package a lot with just sims on it, and the sims are male, or a mix, it will crash. Just female sims will package just fine.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, with all EP's/SP's, the graphics rules maker fix for an 8GB GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, core i7 processor, and absolutely no issues with sims before this point. It doesn't matter if the sim has CC or not, it will crash.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 1:37 PM
What happened when you pulled the downloads folder? Just because there's no CC on a sim doesn't mean there's no CC messing it up.

How about cache files?

Um - you're packaging inhabited lots in a throwaway hood just to test, right?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 10:52 PM
Pulled the downloads folder, clicked on a male sim, it crashed.

However - I have a development - toddler and child sims now package after I put it back in. Teen and up just crash. I wonder if it's because, and this happens with any skin by any creator - the hairlines on my male sims do not work on two hair colours. (Black and red). As in, the scalps, turn the default S1 colour no matter what default I have in and no matter what skins I have put in, this happens across many game folders I swap out. But sims I package with even brown hair have issues.

I've emptied the cache and thumbnails many times.

And yeah it is a cleaned, empty, throwaway hood. I'm safe. It's just to test!

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 12:08 AM
The two problems may well be related. If it still crashes without your downloads folder, though, you'll have to get creative with the troubleshooting. Have you removed your Saved Sim files? Something might've sneaked in on a downloaded sim that doesn't work well with your system - that happened to me once. What about mods that aren't in your downloads folder?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 2:46 AM
I haven't downloaded any sims, and I don't have external mods (this is a bodyshop only game, I've scanned it for other stuff and there's nothing but BS stuff) beyond Radiance. I'm beginning to think that it may have to do with the fact that these specific sims were installed via sims2pack from another game for alteration (which used the same CC as this one, plus build/buy) and not created, and are missing something?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 3:10 AM
The skin problem can happen because of a borked hair, skin or default replacement. I edited a hair once, and suddenly all the male hairs got a weird overlay. Turns out I'd edited the hair a little too much...

If you have two default replacements of a skin, they can sometimes interfere with each other.
Hairs use the scalp texture, so if you have one borked hair in, it can cause troubles with all hairs of that gender/age.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 4:00 AM
It's likely a hair - I'll look into that. I have edited hairs in the past, and skins. I have no default replicants so I'll check into that.