Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:28 PM
Default Still Pissed About Toddlers, But....
Looks like there will be recognized polyamory.

I must admit this has mollified my toddler rage somewhat.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:33 PM
One picture showing a sim with her arms around two others doesn't mean polyamory will be in the game, any more than the TS2 pre-release promos meant our female sims could rip their shirts off and toddlers could swing from ceiling fans.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#3 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
Looks like there will be recognized polyamory.

I must admit this has mollified my toddler rage somewhat.

You mean the threesome with Miley Cyrus? Everyone knows EA's Sims 4 renders are as real as Pamela Anderson's breasts.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:45 PM
Looks like father-daughter-friend to me.
Alchemist
#5 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brunetttt

Yeah, if the father was anything like the dad from American Beauty, mackin' on his daughter's friend.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
One picture showing a sim with her arms around two others doesn't mean polyamory will be in the game, any more than the TS2 pre-release promos meant our female sims could rip their shirts off and toddlers could swing from ceiling fans.

I'm still waiting for Grimmy to order some pizza since I watched the Sims 1 TV commercial. *sigh*

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brunetttt
Them being polyamoric makes a lot more sense since the idea of the picture is clearly to show different kinds of relationships you can have in the game. There is a straight couple, a gay couple, a lesbian couple and then... apparently three sims in a polyamoric relationship or at least that's what it looks like.
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kider
Them being polyamoric makes a lot more sense since the idea of the picture is clearly to show different kinds of relationships you can have in the game. There is a straight couple, a gay couple, a lesbian couple and then... apparently three sims in a polyamoric relationship or at least that's what it looks like.

As far as I know, friendship and family are too relationships. Or how would you say the baby and the child fit into this picture if family doesn't count?

Edit; All I'm saying, from being way too familiar with EA by now, is that I don't believe it's what they're trying to communicate with the render, nor something they've implemented in the game. I'm not against it in any way, and it would be a nice and interesting addition to different kinds of stories and all... I just doubt it'll happen.
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:01 PM
Actually maybe it's father (~60 years old) - daughter (~15 years old) - mother (~30 years old). An interracial relationship with a huge age difference and a mom who had her child as a teenager.
Instructor
#10 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:04 PM
Actually maybe it's father (~60 years old) - daughter (~15 years old) - mother (~30 years old). An interracial relationship with a huge age difference and a mom who had her child as a teenager.

Makes sense as teens are the same height as adults. :P
Alchemist
#11 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:04 PM

I didn't know Morgan Freeman and Miley Cyrus had a child together.
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I didn't know Morgan Freeman and Miley Cyrus had a child together.

Doubt Morgan Freeman will be alive by the time Miley has a 15 year old daughter.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:23 PM
I took it as three people who are close friends. I really can't imagine EA adding poly amorous relationships. :/ Fuck, the TS3 celebrity scandal bullshit is practically stuck in the 50s without a mod.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 8:11 PM
That looks like a gay pride statement, I understand it as sims being able to swing both ways rather than have threesomes.

What's wrong with the toddlers?
Scholar
#15 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

Nothing, they just don't exist.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
That looks like a gay pride statement, I understand it as sims being able to swing both ways rather than have threesomes.

Yeah, same here. Considering it was Pride In London a few days ago, it's probably more related to that than actual gameplay.

And the problem with toddlers is that they no longer exist.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#17 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 9:21 PM
I thought it was just to recognize she was bi...I don't think they're actually in a relationship, that would just be stupid.
Scholar
#18 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:28 PM
I'm like almost 99% sure that the old guy is supposed to be the girl's dad. Also, not to base anything off stereotypes but, I'm pretty sure she's in a lesbian relationship with the "Miley Cyrus" girl.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Alchemist
#19 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
I'm like almost 99% sure that the old guy is supposed to be the girl's dad. Also, not to base anything off stereotypes but, I'm pretty sure she's in a lesbian relationship with the "Miley Cyrus" girl.

The dad looks like he wants to ram into Miley Cyrus like a wrecking ball.

If you know what I mean.
Scholar
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:24 AM
I'm not even sure what that image is supposed to mean "Be Proud in Sims 4". Be Proud? I had proud sims in Sims 2.

C-A
Scholar
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
If you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, I do. I always do.

Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I'm not even sure what that image is supposed to mean "Be Proud in Sims 4". Be Proud? I had proud sims in Sims 2.

C-A

Don't you know The Sims 4 team's main marketing strategy is to trick us into buying this game by making us think that all of the features we've already had for 5+ years are new? For more on this see the thread here

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 5:07 AM
I have to say that wasn't even the first thing in my mind when I saw the picture, but then again, I didn't even noticed they were in couples LOL.
I was looking and the baby and then the kid and thinking "Yep, something is missing".
But I also think the guy is the dad.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

C-A

I'm...actually failing to figure out if you're being truthful or sarcastic here. If you're being truthful, this might help explain it a bit. Admittedly, I've been commuting to London the last few weeks, so 'Be Proud' is something I've seen a lot during the festival.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Forum Resident
#24 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:12 PM
No "Buts" OP. It's over.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 1:14 PM
Honestly, although that the game's promo recognizes homosexual, interracial, maybe also polyamory relationships, it still is not new. Sims were always able to have these kinds of relationships, and it's nothing new that they are able to now.

Speaking of promo, an early trailer of TS2 also showed a lesbian couple, so... not impressed yet
Page 1 of 2