Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 8:05 AM
Default The Sims 2 Ulitimate Collection Crashes on Create a family menu.
When i load the sims 2 ultimate collection everything is fine, until i load up the CAS menu. Its ok, but as soon as i click to make a new sim/pet or whatever the game just closes with a message saying: The application has crashed. the application will now terminate.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:44 AM
What happens when you remove your CC? Same problem?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What happens when you remove your CC? Same problem?
I dont know how, this is digital ultimate collection
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:33 PM
Re-phrasing: Do you have any downloaded content in your Downloads or SavedSims folders? If so, does your game still crash if you remove the files from those folders?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Re-phrasing: Do you have any downloaded content in your Downloads or SavedSims folders? If so, does your game still crash if you remove the files from those folders?
I did remove these, but the game still crashes.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:02 AM
Have you used a cc or registry cleaner on your pc?
These programs tend to remove some of the dll files the UC needs to run.
Even if you did not, go into Origin and choose repair. It should fix any problems caused by missing or broken game files.
If you use a camera mod or had to do some graphic fixes, you may need to to that again. You may also need to install a new copy of the CEP for all recolors to show up.
This will not affect your hoods or your game, all will still be there.