Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#126 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 10:31 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:49 AM.
Hi all, thanks for the lots! I've updated the list.

@scoopy_loopy

The lot looks great- only thing I would probably leave out is coloring the ceiling- there may be ceiling glitches that are difficult to remove. I think you can reset the ceiling by removing all painted ceiling tiles, saving the lot to the library and placing it down again.

Making the rest of the buildings inaccessible is fine.

The world is built on the 1.67 patch. I think that this might be the issue.

@MadeleineArneau

The lot looks great and thanks for playtesting the world! However, the world doesn't use custom content outside the distant terrain and Monte Vista. I would just remove those items.

For custom patterns, if you send me the lot as a library package, will they install into my game or will they stay with the lot? I would prefer if they stay only on the lot. If they have to also be installed, I would prefer a lot without custom textures.

Also, it looks like you're missing some objects from your playthrough from the world- try installing the package I uploaded on the previous page, and let me know if it works

@Blyss

Looks good

I would remove the elevator (only larger apartment buildings will probably have them, and stick to a staircase. I would also make the staircase run alongside the inner edge of the building, and the entry sequence as minimal as possible (just a 2-tile corridor + stair). Just imagine that the shutter wallpapers on the ground floor are unseen retail units and that there are shops behind those units.
Advertisement
Instructor
#127 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
@scoopy_loopy

The lot looks great- only thing I would probably leave out is coloring the ceiling- there may be ceiling glitches that are difficult to remove. I think you can reset the ceiling by removing all painted ceiling tiles, saving the lot to the library and placing it down again.

Making the rest of the buildings inaccessible is fine.

The world is built on the 1.67 patch. I think that this might be the issue.

Not a problem, when I'm back on my desktop tomorrow I'll do as you say with the ceiling and upload it for you.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Instructor
#128 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 1:24 PM
Agreed. I was in the process of doing so without really touching the apartment layout.

Always open for suggestions, but if it's to your convenience here's a link.
Test Subject
#129 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Hi all, thanks for the lots! I've updated the list.

@MadeleineArneau

The lot looks great and thanks for playtesting the world! However, the world doesn't use custom content outside the distant terrain and Monte Vista. I would just remove those items.

For custom patterns, if you send me the lot as a library package, will they install into my game or will they stay with the lot? I would prefer if they stay only on the lot. If they have to also be installed, I would prefer a lot without custom textures.

Also, it looks like you're missing some objects from your playthrough from the world- try installing the package I uploaded on the previous page, and let me know if it works

@jje1000

Got ya. I will remove the CC for you. I attached a link to the lot itself in that post at the bottom. The custom textures should stay inside without the need for any external CC. Let me know, if this doesn't work for you though I have done it many times (systems are unique, however, so you never know).

I grabbed that file you mentioned and will install it tonight CST - also, will make the changes and post an updated lot version.

Since no one has claimed the Mosque or Church, I will do both of those for you. It might take me until this weekend to get it done, though.
Instructor
#130 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 12:49 AM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 25th Feb 2016 at 1:31 AM.
Urgh. So I think my issue is the room-markers. Putting them on my lot and trying to save results in the game just sitting there... attempting to save... forever. I even went and made a cup of tea and watched an episode of SVU to see if it would eventually get through it but no luck.

Can I leave the lots for you to finish with markers, JJE?

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 1:30 AM
Thanks for the help! @Blyss- I got your lot.

@scoopy_loopy- I can place the markers down.
Instructor
#132 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 1:31 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By...iew?usp=sharing (Cost once you put in the markers is approx. 15k)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#133 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 3:13 AM
@scoopy_loopy- Got your lot!

These lots look great
Instructor
#134 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 11:02 AM
It seems I'm on a roll, good or bad, I've been working on lot E-47. :p

Your input is always welcome. But in the meantime, here's a link to the lot. I'll update it if need be.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#135 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 9:35 PM
Looks great!

One thing I might do for future lots is to not use the entire upper floor, but just the portion within one or two buildings. It'll make it look like the owned building is abutting a building owned by someone else.
Instructor
#136 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 10:06 PM
@jje1000, duly noted and in this particular case, I just really wanted a high ceiling room, I'm single-minded that way. :p
But, I'd already gone and done lot E46, this time respecting the exterior look in terms of layout a bit more.

Here's a link, if it's alright.
Instructor
#137 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 1:25 AM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 26th Feb 2016 at 3:07 AM.
I've finished E25, who even needs uni. It's modern I assume built in the 40s or so, barely updated (took the liberty of making kitchen open tho, helped with floorplan layout). With 2 bedrooms, one furnished to be for kids on bunks. Master has ensuite. Price with markers will be approx. 30k. Ignore grass in pics, I built this on Builders' Island and transferred it across. Playtested: Bathroom works fine with decorative shelving. As does bookcase/bed in master.

Download

E27 has the vampire bar sign.... could I try my hand at making that lot a basement vamp bar - try for something like some of the scenes in Only Lovers Left Alive - or is the sign just for decor?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#138 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 6:29 AM
List has been updated- thanks for the lots, they look great!

The sign is for deco only- maybe it could be an underground bar/club?
Top Secret Researcher
#139 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 7:41 PM
I am sorry, I won't be able to work on E41 for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. So if someone else wants to build it, just go ahead. I'll check back here before I start.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#140 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 7:29 PM
That's fine- real life comes first

I will keep E41 listed for you; I usually release lots only if someone had been gone for a few months.
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 6:46 AM
I was play testing the world and noticed that the sky is pitch black with red clouds during the day and it's as dark as night. During the night it's a bit brighter especially around 2am. Has anyone else had this problem?
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:04 AM
I'm so sorry I've been dead! I haven't been very motivated to build lately, but I feel like getting back in the running now, and keeping my long-overdue promise to furnish C22+23, at the least. I also feel like going back and re-doing C21 (because it seems quite shabby and carelessly done compared to the gorgeous residential lots everyone else has been posting), but I'll make sure to do 22 and 23 first.

Jje1000, if it's not too much to ask... I can work just as well off the version of Eastlands that I have now, which Mediafire tells me was uploaded last November. But I would love to have an up-to-date version, especially if there might be any playtesting you want me to do.

Again, sorry for being AWOL so long! I was dealing with a lot of RL crap and therefore wasn't up to doing anything productive.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 5:18 AM Last edited by Spoonsthings : 20th Aug 2016 at 8:33 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
Urgh. So I think my issue is the room-markers. Putting them on my lot and trying to save results in the game just sitting there... attempting to save... forever. I even went and made a cup of tea and watched an episode of SVU to see if it would eventually get through it but no luck.

I used to have the same problem! By any chance, do you have this mod (velocitygrass Add Any Lot Size) installed? I got the "saving forever" issue whenever I had gone into/out of buydebug, when I had that mod installed. I don't actually think it's velocitygrass's mod's fault, so it's probably not a fundamental solution, but the problem was only solved for me by removing the mod AND doing a clean reinstall.

Interestingly enough, the buydebug items themselves don't seem to cause the issue... only the action of visiting the buydebug catalog. So it might also help to have default overrides of the room markers so that they show up in the regular catalog.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#144 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spoonsthings
I'm so sorry I've been dead! I haven't been very motivated to build lately, but I feel like getting back in the running now, and keeping my long-overdue promise to furnish C22+23, at the least. I also feel like going back and re-doing C21 (because it seems quite shabby and carelessly done compared to the gorgeous residential lots everyone else has been posting), but I'll make sure to do 22 and 23 first.

Jje1000, if it's not too much to ask... I can work just as well off the version of Eastlands that I have now, which Mediafire tells me was uploaded last November. But I would love to have an up-to-date version, especially if there might be any playtesting you want me to do.

Again, sorry for being AWOL so long! I was dealing with a lot of RL crap and therefore wasn't up to doing anything productive.

Thanks! Sent you the latest version.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 6:42 PM
C23 is completely furnished inside, with lot markers and everything. I only have to take pictures.

However, I have run into a little problem: the textures on the external walls of the building seem to imply screen windows/doors looking out onto the balconies... but they're not actual windows, and it would probably feel very claustrophobic if the apartment unit didn't have real windows. So I went looking for windows that coincide with those "window" textures, but there are no BG or EP windows that seem to match.

Those windows you see inset into the 2nd storey are the most unobtrusive I could find for that wall texture. I am willing to bet Baufive's Grant Park screen window set would work for this theme, but I am loath to drag any unnecessary CC into this world, and I know you want to avoid it as well. What to do?
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Spoonsthings : 26th Aug 2016 at 9:54 AM.
Default C23 Finished
Current views of C23. All markers placed, NPC doors set and hidden rooms colored black on the inside.

Download at SimFileShare
~35000 simoleons
2BR 1.5BA
I added building credits to my MTS id in the lot description (as well as a CC recommendation for those who would like to add it after they download the world), but feel free to remove it at your discretion, when you're exporting the world in finished format.

Roof View:

4th Floor (w/ view of stairwell):

3rd Floor (I can set that door as an NPC door, if you think that will be all right)

2nd Floor (contains living unit, +one extra door for NPCs or another purpose):

Ground Floor (w/ carpark, mailbox, and a stairwell directly accessible both from the garage and from the main entryway):

Floor Plan of living unit only:

Interior pics:
Entryway:

Living area:

Kitchen:

Bath (family):

Bath (guest):

Bedroom (first):

Bedroom (second):

Dining area:
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Spoonsthings : 29th Aug 2016 at 5:14 AM.
Default C21 re-done
C21 has been updated, with hidden rooms being properly hidden through the use of black wallpaper and floors, and NPC doors marked as such. I also took the advice given by @Gingerxyz into consideration, and redid the stairs: apparently whatever ghost was haunting my game when I first worked on this lot has now been successfully exorcised, because I was able to do it the way she suggested with no problems! Yay!

Through playtesting, I also found that the paperboy / mail delivery guy always tends to try to come in through the rear of the lot, from the direction of the hotel. For this reason, I reset the front of the lot manually (by shift+clicking with testingcheatsenabled true).

Download at SimFileShare
38,000 simoleons (up from the original figure of 33,000 simoleons)
2BR 1BA
I added building credits to my MTS id in the lot description (as well as a CC recommendation for those who would like to add it after they download the world), but feel free to remove it at your discretion, when you're exporting the world in finished format.

Roof View (added clothesline):

4th Floor (w/ view of redone stairwell):

3rd Floor (with NPC door):

2nd Floor (contains living unit, +a hidden unit in the "other building" for NPC):

Ground Floor (w/ entryway leading to stairs up and a mailbox... the mailbox keeps deleting itself every time I place the lot in-world, so you might want to watch out for that):

Floor Plan of living unit only:

I've made some edits to the inside of the residential unit as well:

Added a connecting door from the inner hallway directly to the kitchen, to accommodate families that might have more traditional values. I did replace the door between dining and kitchen areas with an arch, because the last thing you want to do when you're holding a bubbling pot of stew is stop to open a door!

I also added a stereo, deco plant, and SN planter in the dining area (SN planter not shown in the image, but it's there in the upload), because it looked a little bare as is. Required extensive playtesting afterward to eliminate potential routing issues, but I think it was worth it.

As a compromise, I added curtains to the archway, as well as to the arch opening into the central hallway.

Master bedroom. I added a shelf and mirror as a mini-vanity, as well as a stand-alone arch (not embedded in the wall, so it won't create its own room). If it interferes with using the dresser, one can just delete the arch.

Decided to run with the "airplane" theme a little more for the second bedroom, because for some reason I imagine it's the room of a little kid who is obsessed with the idea of being an Air Force pilot when they grow up. Kinda want it to be a girl, but of course that's Jje's call

ReCASted the bathroom, with moar tiles, for a more authentic vibe. I also eliminated the dryer, because there simply was no room for it. I considered just moving ALL the laundry-related appliances downstairs like a public laundromat, but I seem to recall reading that coin-operated laundromats aren't really a thing in Jordan and Turkey, only family businesses that will dry-clean / wash / mend / press your clothes? I think any of the custom drying racks by Sandy at AroundTheSims would be a great addition, but I didn't add any myself... just a note in the lot description.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:45 PM Last edited by MW_thesism3 : 21st Aug 2016 at 10:11 PM.
I'm making C18 as a Movie Theater and some shops. Do you allow me to use the Jynx's RH rugs (due to the lack of space)?
Scholar
#149 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:01 PM
Not my world, not my project, my opinions have no authority here, etc etc

but, that said, the stairs are really bugging me? Specifically all the unusable black space next to them. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine. Even if the space is going to be in an NPC area, it still really bugs me to know that if it wasn't an NPC space you still wouldn't be able to make use of it because of the shape! And in this instance it's actually really simple to fix multiple instances of it!

I built a quick mockup showing a way you could do it with barely any changes needed at all.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#150 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:00 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 14th Jun 2017 at 5:41 AM.
@mwthesims3 - C18 has already been claimed by Ouerbacker- let me update the list. As an alternative, we do need some of the E old city buildings to be furnished or some C or D-series suburban houses to be built!

@Spoonsthings- C23 and C21 look great. If you want, I'll handle the windows.

And yes, for all apartment buildings, set doors leading to black space as NPC.

@Gingerxyz- Sounds like you want to claim a lot lol Once more buildings are done, I'll send you an updated version of the world and you can directly highlight areas that need addressing.
Page 6 of 9