Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:30 PM Last edited by ArtSimCraft : 5th May 2017 at 6:38 PM.
Default Life On The Run
You are a young adult running away from life. You stop on empty lots, get a job, and then when you're close to having the perfect life, something takes it away. You are left with nothing every time. Only the clothes on your back and the food in your tummy.

I don't think this is similar to any challenges out there, but if I'm wrong, please tell me which ones and provide the link(s).

EP: Base Game should work fine, but any EP will do. As for mods, no mods that will change how your sim lives life (Just, no things that edit hunger or sleep. Nrass mods like Story Progression and Master Controller are okay, as long as you don't change townies) No cheats except for familyfunds.
CAS:
Create a young adult (Male/Female)
Looks: Kinda scroungy and beat up. Clothes should be torn and worn (You can get good torn clothes from Supernatural EP but I'm trying to make this for ALL sims 3 players)
Traits: Up to you, but no kleptomaniacs. Just NO!
LTW: IDC. Choose one, but remember, you HAVE to complete it!

To start:
Move your lovely sim onto an empty lot. You can try to make a house with your remaining funds, but I'd suggest to buy a fridge and a toilet (maybe a shower) and surround them with 4 walls. Now get a job! If you are doing a career based LTW, get the career that will help you acomplish that LTW.

You can steal from other sims if you're really desperate, but that might affect your sim's life later on

Any wishes you left click into that little box MUST be completed.

GET A BAE!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need some love right? Might as well throw a few kids into the mix...

"Wait," you might be asking, "It's called 'Life On The Run.' Shouldn't we be running or something?"
Yes, but I'm giving you a head start on life.

Now for the fun part! Grab your dice, because this is important!

Weekly event (Roll every Saturday, no matter what week, or where you are)
1- Remember that time you drank a bit too much? Well now you got a bun in the oven! You're now preggo (Or you got a girlie preggo if you're playing with a guy) and you must live with the baby. Or babies. Give birth or add a BABY by the next week.
2- You got a bonus check in the mail! (add $500 via familyfunds) Use it however you'd like, keeping in mind that maybe you should save some for later.
3- Do you have kids? Do they drive you insane? TOO BAD! If you have enough lifetime happiness, buy the thingy that allows you to choose a handful of new traits. One of them MUST be insane. #Sorrynotsorry
4- Llamas . If you have a dresser, change into llama themed clothes! (Like it has to have a llama on it) And so does your entire household!
5- BAE! (If u gots one) Either you or the bae is now preggo.
6- Make or break a friend! Increase (or decrease) a relationship with a townie, and if you want, give them all your crud. That's what NPCs are for right?

Now for the hard part. MOVING! Every time you get a promotion, (or every week if you want) you have to move for the following reason:
1- If you have a baby and no bae, then the baby daddy (or mama) is suing you for ruining their life. You move to a different lot in hopes of escaping.
Roll to see if you have to pay. 1-3 Bye $$$$ Get rid of the money via familyfunds. $100 for every baby. 4-6, keep your cash. If you have no kids or a bae, reroll!
2- Did you steal from townies earlier? You got fined! $500 if you did! There goes your bonus check!
3- Townie didn't want your stuff so they are now hunting you down. Quick! Move! (Set the relationship all the way down to enemies with a townie)
4- Personally, I don't like this one. Your kid (or bae or even YOU!) has gotten in trouble. Just move. I can't even right now...
5- Goverment evicted you. It's a simple as that. You don't get a chance to pack your stuff. Say bye bye to your house.
6- Your past has caught up with you! Oh no! Move to a different town.

So after you move, write down the lot you just left. You can no longer live on that lot! Poor you! If there are no more vacant lots (The ones out of your price range do not count) move to a new town. And if you are doing a career based LTW, sorry!

Win if: You complete your LTW
Lose if: There are no more vacant lots OR you die.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes, it's summer.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 9:33 PM
Doooo Thissss
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 8:44 AM
OK so I'm trying this! I made a sim named Gwyneth it looks like fun I'm just deciding where she should live. So many choices!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deliadee
OK so I'm trying this! I made a sim named Gwyneth it looks like fun I'm just deciding where she should live. So many choices!
Thanks for playing! Let me know how it goes!
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 8:15 PM Last edited by missdeefying : 28th Mar 2017 at 1:48 AM.
I've played this challenge through twice now, and it's really fun!

The first time, I played a human chef (LTW was Celebrated 5 Star Chef). The first few career levels were an absolute nightmare, because I was getting promoted pretty much every day. The rolls weren't kind to me, and I had to leave all my stuff behind a couple of times.

Trying to save up for my own computer was a pain. Once I had enough money I got a laptop and kept it in her inventory whenever it wasn't in use. I gave my Sim commitment issues, so she went through a few partners, but only had two sprogs. She managed to keep to the same town, though it was a close thing, because there were only 9 lots in town that were under 25K. I had her spend her days off writing novels to give her a secondary income. It only got her an extra 3,000 simoleons per week, but it helped a lot once I had to start moving into houses.

I started in a pre-fab house, then camped on 4 lots, built on 3 lots, and moved into 3 pre-fab houses. And then moved one last time when the LTW was complete and I had precious money.

The second time, I played as a vampire. Her lifetime wish was Heartbreaker. It was definitely a lot easier with a non-career LTW, so I added a roll for every time she took a vampiric action that might have been witnessed. She moved eight times! She only had three kids, which was a lot less than I expected. Had a couple of lucky (unlucky?) "Try for a baby" encounters or there would have been more. A lot of woo was hoo'ed...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2017 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missdeefying
I've played this challenge through twice now, and it's really fun!

The first time, I played a human chef (LTW was Celebrated 5 Star Chef). The first few career levels were an absolute nightmare, because I was getting promoted pretty much every day. The rolls weren't kind to me, and I had to leave all my stuff behind a couple of times.

Trying to save up for my own computer was a pain. Once I had enough money I got a laptop and kept it in her inventory whenever it wasn't in use. I gave my Sim commitment issues, so she went through a few partners, but only had two sprogs. She managed to keep to the same town, though it was a close thing, because there were only 9 lots in town that were under 25K. I had her spend her days off writing novels to give her a secondary income. It only got her an extra 3,000 simoleons per week, but it helped a lot once I had to start moving into houses.

I started in a pre-fab house, then camped on 4 lots, built on 3 lots, and moved into 3 pre-fab houses. And then moved one last time when the LTW was complete and I had precious money.

The second time, I played as a vampire. Her lifetime wish was Heartbreaker. It was definitely a lot easier with a non-career LTW, so I added a roll for every time she took a vampiric action that might have been witnessed. She moved eight times! She only had three kids, which was a lot less than I expected. Had a couple of lucky (unlucky?) "Try for a baby" encounters or there would have been more. A lot of woo was hoo'ed...

Oh wow! Sounds like you had a very interesting game!