Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:34 AM Last edited by misstrgal : 4th Jun 2017 at 3:45 AM.
i feel complaining is a waste of time, so I don't do it, I solve problems by collecting mods

edit: I will admit that I have never in all my years of gaming have been satisfied with official video game content, I game for the purpose of using cool mods. the main selling point for sims 1 was seeing a screencap of darth maul and obi-wan kenobi playing pool together. This is why I prefer pc gaming over console use. I like the community creativity aspects of it
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#52 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 8:44 AM
There wouldn't be any mods however if there weren't any complaints. It's usually a complaint that triggers the creation of a mod.
Instructor
#53 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
There wouldn't be any mods however if there weren't any complaints. It's usually a complaint that triggers the creation of a mod.

I just see no point in adding to something that is already going on. I am fine with reporting bugs, or clicking me too on EA help in most cases. But it's safe to assume, that what I want has already been asked for. Or is already provided.
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 6:21 AM
They built a shallow game with limited resources and empty promises. That's not an opinion. That's just true.

Some of us don't like The Sims 4, and those reasons are perfectly valid. It has come a long way, to its credit. On release, it was not a good game (imho). Now, it's not bad. But it isn't even in the same ballpark as The Sims 3. The open neighborhood was a huge feature, a complete game-changer. The Sims 3 experience was a brand new game. And even though it's understandable why it had to go, there's a lot of bitterness at having lost that. And that's not comparing The Sims 4 to a game with a full life cycle. The Sims 3 had that on release.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Ah! Yes, the graphics demands....my laptop's fan periodically spins into high gear while playing S4. There's a small amount of objects in the pack - some nice kitchen additions, chairs, tables, a couple of new single beds, and dressers, etc... The fun part has to do with things kids and families can use, such as a journal for children and some project boxes that families can work on together, such as a science project or building a castle. The bigger draw of the pack is all that it add to the life of children and to their interactions with each other and their parents. There are discipline options, parenting skills, and character building. Parents can pack lunches from left overs that they and their children can take to school and a whole family can volunteer together in a few different rabbit holes that builds their "character".

Sounds good. kids needing discipline it is very lacking in sims 2. Science project sounds like fun. Babies-toddler-kids are my favourite age groups so I didn't buy it until the toddler patch was out and it was half price. Just as well since I can't play it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 11:03 AM
I wonder if those school projects can be sold at a toy store or something...

I ask because a business pack requires some sort of crafting element, and Get To Work only had that with the science career (go figure).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#57 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I started playing TS4 again and I can't believe they still haven't added firefighters. And cops. And burglars.

Why are they skimping on NPCs? And why does it feel like we have to pay $10-20 for each?

they replaced firefighters with sprinkler systems and common sense, they replaced burglars with the klepto trait and the criminal career and i am not sure about the police, maybe they plan to patch them in like they did for repairmen, the free stuff monthly patch system is why they released an incomplete base game, they wanted monthly goodies to be a feature, like in mmo's
Forum Resident
#58 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 6:45 PM Last edited by hiabara : 7th Jun 2017 at 6:49 PM. Reason: mixed up two Sims games
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
they replaced firefighters with sprinkler systems and common sense, they replaced burglars with the klepto trait and the criminal career and i am not sure about the police, maybe they plan to patch them in like they did for repairmen, [...]
Sprinkler system already existed for TS2, but it also had Firefighters at the same time.

You can't replace burglars with the criminal career That makes no sense at all. And this career exists since TS1. Actually, burglars also existed since TS1.

I don't see any point in a patched police service. What would they be good for? In comparison to previous Sims games TS4 has no burglars, no crime, no runaway teens, no counterfeiting machine, no runaway pets, no street art, no school pranks. The only thing TS4 has in common with previous installments is now a curfew from Parenthood Pack. In TS3 the police also arrived if parties were too loud. I don't remember if this is a thing in TS4, though.

Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
[...] the free stuff monthly patch system is why they released an incomplete base game, they wanted monthly goodies to be a feature, like in mmo's
Do you actually read what you're writing? What you're writing sounds basically like "Let's publish an unfinished game, so the players can get excited for bug fixes every month!"
Field Researcher
#59 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 9:04 PM
Pretty sure police only break up parties in Sims 2, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't remember them doing that in the other games.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#60 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:25 AM
For the disagreer(s) in the above post: police did indeed break up parties in TS1, not every time but very often, especially when it attracted a lot of party crashers and, finally, Drew Carey.
Page 3 of 3