Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 26th May 2017 at 7:56 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can i restore all lots and families from a save game?
That's all i got, a save game folder, i lost my world file while formatting my PC.

How do i restore lots and sims from my save files so that i can start over again?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2017 at 6:27 PM
Thanks for tour reply.

It was a custom world so unfortunately there's no way of recovering it from any online sources.

Can you extract the .packages(for lots) and .sim files from that save game using S3PE or any other software?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2017 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What do you mean? Did you mean you created it? or did you downloaded it from some site and the link is simply dead? If so, give me the name of the world and I'll see if I can find it. No promises, but wouldn't hurt to look.

It's a modificated version of San Paten that i made using create-a-world a while ago.

I heard... that you probably can, but you will need someone who is an advanced S3PE user. Unfortunately, I'm not one. I'm sure one of them will drop by this thread soon.

Yup, i've been trying doing it, but so far no success.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:44 PM Last edited by igazor : 25th May 2017 at 1:12 AM.
I appreciate my name and "expert" being used in the same sentence, but I think that might be a slight exaggeration in this case.

You have a save file for which there is no underlying .world file to support it so therefore it now cannot be loaded up, correct? In that case, I don't think there is any way to proceed here. The save file's components are nhd files, not packages, so I don't think a package editor is going to be any use. You could get the TravelDB.package file opened in S3PE, but I don't see how that will do any good either unless you want to look at random snaps and memories of the sims you had been playing. But that sounds like it would be more like torture than helpful. The rest of the data in there wouldn't be enough to re-create sims and lots.

None of these households and lots were ever saved in-game to the Library folder (aka Household and Lot "bins") or did that file location get lost as well?

Let's see if anyone else here has faced this and what they did to work with a saved game that has lost its underlying .world file. But I'm not feeling very optimistic about this one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor

None of these households and lots were ever saved in-game to the Library folder (aka Household and Lot "bins") or did that file location get lost as well?

Thanks for your answer !
Yes i did save some lots to the library folder, but the majority is "lost".
The only thing missing is that world file, i copied the entire "installed worlds" folder, but, probably, that file was located in a different directory because it was an edited and exported world....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:12 PM
- Make sure the world file name matches the one you use in the save. For example, if you renamed it after edit to "San Paten 2.world" then make sure you rename this world to the same name after you install.
- Put the world file in both the installedworlds folder in your user folder AND your WA game "world" folder, with Egypt, France, and China. I know Riverview world file goes in here, so some custom worlds do go in this folder.

Thanks! I did manage to fool the game!. But after loading it gets all glitchy and returns to the main menu.

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#12 Old 26th May 2017 at 7:55 AM