Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5551 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
While my sims rarely have time to pick an action themselves and if they do I most of the time cancel it, it can happen that I want them to finish that action and queue more. But, when I queue an action it makes them immediately stop and continue onto the next action in the queue. So, I would like a mod that makes them finish what they started and not immediately stop just because I queued something. It’s especially annoying when they decided to use the toilet and already sit on it, if I queue showering they are going to get up immediately without completely emptying their bladders, so to not let it happen I need to wait until they’re done before queueing showering (it’s not so bad when they’re just in the way to the bathroom, I can then queue using the toilet again and then showering immediately).

Macro>concentrate solves this issue. It's a necessity in my game, too, for toddlers using potties.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#5552 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 10:48 PM
I just randomly remembered that in The Sims 2 for the consoles there was a "Therapist" option on the phone. IIRC when you called a text box would pop up with some little "advice" (i think it was just some funny quotes) and it would refresh/reroll your wants and fears panel. Idk it was pretty cool, I wish someone would make something similar for Sims 2 pc
Alchemist
#5553 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:34 PM
social interaction pie menus; the order of the socials be the order they would become available.
Mad Poster
#5554 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 11:55 PM
In fact... with my idea for skipping University... what if a Sim teen who met the skill requirements for a University major but aged directly to adult with an A+ grade and at the top of his/her teen job would get the memory of completing Community College with honors and getting all the Uni perks? A teen who aged up with good grades but not at the top of a career and with fewer skills would get fewer perks and would be considered a 'drop-out' or possibly just graduate without honors. A teen who ages up with a D grade would get a bad memory of never going to college, while an F grade would mean an extra fear slot and fewer job opportunities.

Would this type of mod or hack be possible? Because I know we can update the sim with the batbox and such, but it would be nice to make a sort of a "Community College" stuff pack complete with allowing teens (without inteenimator) to invite orphan teens they are friends with to move in and start aging up. Ideally, this hack or custom 'stuff pack' would also dragoon townie children into the adoption pool and have them be adopted if the simmer selects 'child'.

Oh how I wish Mootilda were still around. Maybe she would know if this kind of hack would be possible or not. Or... is Chris Hatch still simming?
Mad Poster
#5555 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 11:03 PM
I think so. I wonder just how many active modders there are left. I know BO retired last year sometime. (Alas, as much as I'd love to, anything past the simplest of modifications is past my capabilities.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5556 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
In fact... with my idea for skipping University... what if a Sim teen who met the skill requirements for a University major but aged directly to adult with an A+ grade and at the top of his/her teen job would get the memory of completing Community College with honors and getting all the Uni perks? A teen who aged up with good grades but not at the top of a career and with fewer skills would get fewer perks and would be considered a 'drop-out' or possibly just graduate without honors. A teen who ages up with a D grade would get a bad memory of never going to college, while an F grade would mean an extra fear slot and fewer job opportunities.

Would this type of mod or hack be possible? Because I know we can update the sim with the batbox and such, but it would be nice to make a sort of a "Community College" stuff pack complete with allowing teens (without inteenimator) to invite orphan teens they are friends with to move in and start aging up. Ideally, this hack or custom 'stuff pack' would also dragoon townie children into the adoption pool and have them be adopted if the simmer selects 'child'.

Oh how I wish Mootilda were still around. Maybe she would know if this kind of hack would be possible or not. Or... is Chris Hatch still simming?

I am not a modder so I don't know if a mod can be done like this.

The bat box can give your sims a diploma and if I remember right it gives the memory to. (This may only work on EA made sims but it may work on born in game sims to.)

Now if its the time that Uni takes up for play time you can always get the "College Adjuster" which allows you to set the grade and set the hour of finales so in less than 10 mins you can send your sim to one of the Uni hoods and have them graduate in no time at all. College Adjuster http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

As for extra slot either good or bad the Sim Blender will do that.

@Chris Hatch is still active here on MTS and may be around to read this, he may not want to tangle with this but who knows he might try it. :D

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#5557 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 12:27 AM
Aren't there also mods that allow sims to attend university while still living in the base hood? I'm sure I saw someone talking about that recently-ish...
Mad Poster
#5558 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 12:35 AM
The mod Rosawyn mentioned above may be this one: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html Squinge created a College pack so Young Adults could go to college in the base hood. I don't use it personally, but have seen others talking about it.
Mad Poster
#5559 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 1:06 AM
@Rosawyn
This is what JDacapo started with and was what I posted about. It does not skip it but will speed up the time needed to finish in under 10 min.s instead of 3-6 hours of play time.
Quote:
In fact... with my idea for skipping University

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#5560 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 7:47 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 18th Jun 2017 at 8:18 AM.
What's a girl got to do around here to be remembered as a modder (am joking)

But yes, Chris Hatch is still active. And reads some parts of MTS I believe. Plenty of modders still around, though for some mysterious reason people seem to only include a specific group of people in the definition and I suppose CH is the only one active among those. Every year new talents pop up here on MTS. There's even more buried in the deep maze that is tumblr.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#5561 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:01 AM
Well, I want to be able to have sims age directly to adult and get an appropriate memory depending on the skills and grades they got as teens. I would do it for neighbourhoods that I'd either want to keep simple (with no attached university) or wait until the hood expands more to add the university. This way, we can do the cool oldschool teen-to-adult transformation painlessly. Not only would the sim never get the uneducated memory, but he/she/Apache would also get the memories of either graduating, graduating with honors, dropping out, or (if the teen grew up with an F grade and few skills) an extra fear slot and a custom 'flunked' memory. A teen who graduated with a D grade would get the 'never went to college' memory.

Right now I think I may have to just use the lot debugger or counterfeit diploma to kludge my idea together, but I think this would make for a great stuff pack and one I would use. It would be simpler than Angels & Nurses, I think. Also, this proposed stuff pack would include the ability to set up a foster home for children and teens, and it would unlock the university careers for everyone - regardless of education status. It might also give those who grew up with lower grades somewhat of an edge due to being 'discovered' or coming up with some whacko theory. I mean, my great-grandfather Truman Bethurum, one of the famed Contactees of the 50's, was living in a trailer park and he got into some weird stuff like fortune telling and spiritual advice, and he even wrote a novel about being contacted by counter-earth aliens who dressed up like Greyhound Bus employees. I'm not joking. Look up "Aboard a Flying Saucer" and "Call of Clarion." Truman had an interesting imagination, and I dunno if he had much of a higher education - he worked as a welder, from what I understand.
Mad Poster
#5562 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:01 PM
I want Karma powers just for reasons.
Mad Poster
#5563 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:07 PM
Ooh, now I desperately want something I never knew existed.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5564 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:08 PM
Like what, lol?
Alchemist
#5565 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 6:15 PM
I wish someone would make clothes meshing tools for programs besides milkshape.
Mad Poster
#5566 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

But yes, Chris Hatch is still active. And reads some parts of MTS I believe. Plenty of modders still around, though for some mysterious reason people seem to only include a specific group of people in the definition and I suppose CH is the only one active among those. Every year new talents pop up here on MTS. There's even more buried in the deep maze that is tumblr.

I've always found it difficult to find mods from people who are not the usual suspects, so that could be one reason why the more recent modders may not be mentioned as often as TwoJeffs, Pescado, Cyjon, etc.
Mad Poster
#5567 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 7:48 PM
It is sad to see how townies and NPC fulfill their wants but their aspiration meter don't increase.
After several dates when my sim is in platinum top and his date who got same wants filled moves in, I will get totally neutral aspiration meter. So unfair.
Lab Assistant
#5568 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 8:28 PM
I found a mod today that enables fishing in the ocean/beach, which I'm excited about, but your sims will still catch fresh water fish. It got me wondering if it's possible to change that. I don't have the skills to do it myself, but I'm thinking if you wanted, say, salt water fish, you'd have to add new fish to the game, and for them to be useful at all, that would need recipes, plaques, etc. It'd be a lot of work for something really neat but not quite on Sun&Moon's level... Who amaze me every time they release something.
Mad Poster
#5569 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:18 PM
A hack that makes it impossible to dig for treasure when the ground is frozen. I already play this rule in my game, but rather than simply disallowing digging during winter, I disallow it any time it's cold enough for the pond to freeze...which means I need to have a pond on each lot in order to keep track. Having a mod handing this in the background would just be a bit more convenient.
#5570 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:57 PM
I would think that if they change to outerwear during spring/fall that would essentially mean the ground could be cold enough to be frozen at that moment (late/early season freezes). At least that's how I would play it if i didn't have a mod and wanted a more easier way to do it than having a pond on every lot.
Lab Assistant
#5571 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 12:45 AM
Another idea.. I never really ended up using some of the electronic entertainment items in the game because I forget that they exist. But the falconeer chopper is kind of cute? But nobody really plays with those things in real life anymore, it's all about those neat looking drones. So I'd like to see someone make drones for the Sims! That's probably just cloning it and replacing the mesh, really. But I'm a builder and texturer, so idk how to do that lol.
Alchemist
#5572 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

An active modder check in thread would be nice. It really is hard to keep track now that forums are less popular and tumblr has made it easy for anyone to run their own site.
Mad Poster
#5573 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
I would think that if they change to outerwear during spring/fall that would essentially mean the ground could be cold enough to be frozen at that moment (late/early season freezes).

My sims hardly ever change into outerwear even if the pond's been frozen solid for days. Good suggestion, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#5574 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:09 AM
More Sim food that is microwave only or toaster only, so you have an actual need to buy those appliances. You know, teen/college foods like pizza bagels, pizza rolls and Hot Pockets.
Different grilled cheese would be nice too... maybe on different breads, with different cheeses or with meat in the sandwiches. Maybe you want jalapeno, pizza style or pepperoni. Are you feeling rye or sourdough?
This thread is great for dreams. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#5575 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 2:38 AM
Something that adds surnames to the Chat With.... pie menu. "Chat with Daniel" isn't so indicative if you have three or four Daniels in one neighborhood.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 223 of 582