Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 1:32 PM
Replies: 5596 (Who?), Viewed: 387409 times.
Page 224 of 224
Test Subject
#5576 Old 21st May 2017 at 7:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@muddy I think they socialize while using Bek's knitting.

Toddlers are much easier out of a crib. Give them a toddler bed or a sleep mat so they can put themselves to bed and get up, some toys, a never ending sippy cup and a room baby gate. Parents just need to bath, pot and play with them. Easy.

I'm getting old then.. Because I still think that's hard! :P
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#5577 Old 21st May 2017 at 9:11 AM
Lol, probably no older than the rest of us here. We're all ancient apart from a few youngsters. Well you could cheat potty training, just set it on the sim blender.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5578 Old 21st May 2017 at 10:50 AM
Ah but is it harder than RL toddlers?
Instructor
#5579 Old 21st May 2017 at 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Ah but is it harder than RL toddlers?

No. I can save the game and take a break. That does not happen in real-life!

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#5580 Old 21st May 2017 at 11:19 AM
Of course not RL toddlers are very hard. Tip flour on the floor and squirt out the toothpaste while your cleaning up the flour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#5581 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:16 PM
Expanded food menu for the NPC cafeteria cook would be nice. One can only eat so many pancake stacks and spaghetti!
Forum Resident
#5582 Old 21st May 2017 at 3:31 PM
When sims sit next to each other on a sofa (or even a different seat nearby) their social need is fulfilled, even if they don’t talk to each other (for example two skilling sims still have their social full if they sit close each other). I would like a mod that would make it happen with pets too – if a pet is sitting close to a skilling sim (like this), the social need of both the sim and pet should be fulfilled.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#5583 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:31 AM
What I'd like to see is a hack that allows other pixels to break up a fight. Not just call the cops, but intervene physically and have words with the fighters.

Of course you can always take the ultimate step and shoot both of them. Without either of them being playable, they'll be stunned and probably leave. I haven't tried this out yet, but I just might sometime.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Instructor
#5584 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:07 AM
I wanna re-iterate this idea, since I noticed there's a mod which allows players to abort being "in class" at uni and it got me thinking a bit about it: A mod which lets players cancel the "At work" interaction so you can go home early. This is the one thing which Sims 3 has and, quite honestly, I envy it. haha. I'm not sure on if this can be done, but it'd be useful. Is there a BHAV in the game which triggers the "send carpool to the lot and drop Sim off" action? Perhaps make it so when you cancel out that interaction, it will prematurely trigger that script. The one thing which might be a big issue is the fact that all of the careers have specific times when you're supposed to go home. What would the game do if your Sim goes home early and your Sim is at home when the carpool arrives to drop you off? I can imagine the game wouldn't like that.
Top Secret Researcher
#5585 Old 22nd May 2017 at 4:36 AM
Sims are already coming home early when they got promoted, demoted or hired by chance card.
#5586 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogz2007
I wanna re-iterate this idea, since I noticed there's a mod which allows players to abort being "in class" at uni and it got me thinking a bit about it: A mod which lets players cancel the "At work" interaction so you can go home early. This is the one thing which Sims 3 has and, quite honestly, I envy it. haha. I'm not sure on if this can be done, but it'd be useful. Is there a BHAV in the game which triggers the "send carpool to the lot and drop Sim off" action? Perhaps make it so when you cancel out that interaction, it will prematurely trigger that script. The one thing which might be a big issue is the fact that all of the careers have specific times when you're supposed to go home. What would the game do if your Sim goes home early and your Sim is at home when the carpool arrives to drop you off? I can imagine the game wouldn't like that.

Once I brought a Sim home from work early. I think another Sim in the household had gotten stuck off-lot and I was trying to fix it. If memory serves their job performance dropped. That's a different situation though. As mentioned, Sims sometimes return early from chance card promotions.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Caption the picture above you.
Mad Poster
#5587 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:06 AM
They also come home when they're fired from work-usually within an hour of going. I always thought it was rude to do that.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Top Secret Researcher
#5588 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:28 PM
I remember in Sims 1 if children missed the bus, keeping them from going to school, they could study on a pc and get their grade for that day. This may or may not have been a hacked pc, I don't really remember, but did use it extensively on one lot with a large family as the lot lagged too much from the bus arrivals. It took most of the school day hours just to finish each day, but did keep them from being sent off to military school.

So, I was thinking it would be nice if child and teen could have an option to doing homework on the pc, rather than their notebook, which can also get lost quite easily. The pc would always be on the desk so they could automatically go there and do the homework, or even some extra homework for over achievers to get their grades up and raise fun a bit while doing so. (:

“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Jonas Salk, biologist Sums it up, really!
Forum Resident
#5589 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duine
I remember in Sims 1 if children missed the bus, keeping them from going to school, they could study on a pc and get their grade for that day. This may or may not have been a hacked pc, I don't really remember, but did use it extensively on one lot with a large family as the lot lagged too much from the bus arrivals. It took most of the school day hours just to finish each day, but did keep them from being sent off to military school.

So, I was thinking it would be nice if child and teen could have an option to doing homework on the pc, rather than their notebook, which can also get lost quite easily. The pc would always be on the desk so they could automatically go there and do the homework, or even some extra homework for over achievers to get their grades up and raise fun a bit while doing so. (:

If you have the Simlogical homework placement they can keep their grades up with that.
Inventor
#5590 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:32 PM
be able to bring any age to community lots and vacations.

Young Adults of same household be able to leave college together; at least through graduation.
or maybe an in-game method to merge family bin households without placing them into same lot.
Inventor
#5591 Old Yesterday at 6:10 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : Yesterday at 4:23 PM.
Not sure if this would be possible, but something from another thread gave me an idea: I'd like sims to have to pay for diapers! This probably wouldn't be everyone's preference, but it's something that would add a touch of realism to the game and also encourage potty training asap. Not that my toddlers ever use their diapers, but I guess what I'm saying is I want some kinda extra "reward" for that! It wouldn't be a lot, I guess, maybe $5-10 per diaper change? I'm not entirely sure how the sim economy works, tbh, as some prices don't seem to make a whole lot of sense when compared to other prices, but yeah. Diapers irl are ridiculously expensive, especially considering how newborns often need a new one every hour or so! Why should my sims get them for free? What kinda communist utopia are they living in, anyway?!
Field Researcher
#5592 Old Yesterday at 9:46 AM
I love that idea, Rosawyn! It's along the same lines of the mod that charges for the kitty litter, and that stuff isn't cheap either.
Alchemist
#5593 Old Yesterday at 12:57 PM
Ooh, I love those! There's a mod that charges for the paper and taxis, so I don't see why these two couldn't be done? But, then what do I know?

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Field Researcher
#5594 Old Yesterday at 4:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Ooh, I love those! There's a mod that charges for the paper and taxis, so I don't see why these two couldn't be done? But, then what do I know?

I'm sorry if I worded that wrong. The cat litter has been done, smorbie1, it's HERE, third one down. I have not been in my main game to test it though.
Inventor
#5595 Old Yesterday at 4:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
There's a mod that charges for the paper and taxis, so I don't see why these two couldn't be done?

The free newspaper never felt fake to me, because I actually had a job as a teen delivering free papers. But while we're on the subject...why don't all those magazines cost anything? Unlike the newspaper, you can choose to subscribe or unsubscribe as well, so it sorta feels like they really should cost something.
Mad Poster
#5596 Old Yesterday at 5:53 PM Last edited by gummilutt : Yesterday at 6:12 PM.
I can make diaper changes cost money. I've got a diaper-related mod on my to-do list any way, might as well do a version that makes it cost. Won't happen until sometime this summer though.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I solve that in my game by buying decorative diaper packs and keeping them in the nursery. That way Sims have to actually buy diapers, and I can just pretend they restock the changing table (or their inventory) with diapers from the pack they bought. The ones I have are from RetailSims, Baby land set. Though you may want to edit the cost if you want it realistic as they are pretty cheap to begin with.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Alchemist
#5597 Old Yesterday at 7:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenbtrfly
I'm sorry if I worded that wrong. The cat litter has been done, smorbie1, it's HERE, third one down. I have not been in my main game to test it though.

OH, MY! All the wonderpul, wonderpul things on that page. My computer hates you now. That's okay; it hates me, too. Thank you.

the free newspaper never bothered me, either. I was just using it for an example. But now that you mention it, I may have to go back and download it and pretend it's for all those stupid magazines.

Speaking of which...I wish there were a mod that would make old copies of magazines disappear so they wouldn't clutter up the porches and make my pixels unable to go to work because one is in front of the door. Can you imagine that phone call to the boss?

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Page 224 of 224