Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#7151 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:05 PM
Okay, regarding ACR, where is the Auto Woo function listed in the pie menu? It seems to be missing for me. Yes, I know, mod conflict. I'm looking into it. The ACR Adjuster can still be spawned and ACR seems to be working fine, so I'm asking in case I'm an idiot and can't find it. I have a lot of mods and things in my pie menus

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#7152 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:14 PM
I think it's just Casual --> AutoWoo, or Casual --> Woohoo --> Autowoo.

I also have a question regarding ACR: Did I understand correctly that sims have to live on the same lot to try for baby autonomosly? So no try for baby with a date or booty call?
Forum Resident
#7153 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
Did I understand correctly that sims have to live on the same lot to try for baby autonomosly? So no try for baby with a date or booty call?

It's actually only necessary that the female sim be controllable. So as long as she's able to try for baby, she can autonomously do so whenever you are playing her lot. With (ETA: nonresident) dates and booty calls too! (I've had it happen.)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Scholar
#7154 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:32 PM
Ah, Casual! I'm a dummy It's been a while since I played, so I plumb forgot! Thanks guys

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#7155 Old 24th May 2017 at 3:58 PM Last edited by enebya : 24th May 2017 at 5:21 PM.
Thanks natboopsie, then I misread the FAQ. I like it this way though, it adds more surprise (and 'if you get knocked up, you have to marry'-rules only make sense to me if the sims weren't living together in the first place).
Mad Poster
#7156 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:17 PM
Does anyone know if Carrigon is still around and contactable? I would check sims2workshop but the site has been down for a while.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#7157 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:54 PM Last edited by ourladyplumbob : 24th May 2017 at 7:27 PM. Reason: I worded that awfully..sorry!
Whereabouts in SimPE should you look to see a preview for a CC package file?
Scholar
#7158 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:06 PM
You can see a 3D preview in GMDC if your package contains a mesh, but if you just want to know what it is a glance at textures (TXTR) should be enough.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#7159 Old 24th May 2017 at 8:21 PM
only preview option I seen in SimPE was for animation.
from menu bar:: Tools > Object Tools > Animation Preview
or Ctrl+Shift+A on keyboard.
first select an animation resource.
though all the times I tried, that option did not work.
Theorist
#7160 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Does anyone know if Carrigon is still around and contactable? I would check sims2workshop but the site has been down for a while.

I know there is a FB page for Sims2Workshop as that's where it was posted that S2W wasn't gone for good, but is lookin for a new host. That post was done on April 19th and I don't see any other posts, but it might be at least a place to see if you can't locate Carrigon.
https://www.facebook.com/Sims2Workshopcom-63566670147/

Edit: In readin the comments to that post there was a reply done on May 19th. Seems they're still havin server issues.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7161 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:10 PM

I thought it was back up again but they moved to a new host. Someone posted about it in a WCIF I think. If I spot it again, I'll post the link. She stopped creating for TS2 years ago though.

Edit: I think it's still sims2workshop.com but I'm getting an error on that page atm. Maybe post on their Facebook page and ask?

Edit 2: looks like they're having server issues according to the FB page. But something is happening. I hope to see the site up and running shortly.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7162 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:15 PM
Thanks maxon. I know she stopped creating, but I need to ask her about a policy of hers for one of my creations and I was hoping she might still be reachable even if she doesn't create Sounds like she may be, so will keep looking. Thanks Calibrat for link.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7163 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:18 PM
Thanks maxon. I know she stopped creating, but I need to ask her about a policy of hers for one of my creations and sometimes creators are around even they don't create Sounds like she may be, so will keep looking. Thanks Calibrat for link.

I seem to remember Carrigon's policies were generous (I knew her slightly a long while back when we both posted on newsnet - she's a nice person). Unfortunately, her page on here doesn't say either.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7164 Old 24th May 2017 at 9:54 PM
I'm 95% sure the policy on this particular upload is not generous (though don't recall exact details other than that it's restrictive), and my upload conflicts with it. Need to ask permission to make a compatible version that includes her changes, or better yet, upload my own version of her changes. She seems nice over all so I thought it might be worth asking if she'd make an exception

Mad Poster
#7165 Old 24th May 2017 at 10:25 PM
Argh. Is there a way to keep toddlers out of the pet food? I re-installed the Ultimate Collection because of an idea involving pets, but also am doing rotational play around Meadow Creek. The Harris' toddler Allison will not stay out of the kitten's food.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7166 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:39 PM
Baby gate, on here, I think by HW.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#7167 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:10 AM
Hi, then I will add my question.
With all that cas sliders and the modder pulling out the secrets on body shop I was wondering.... have anyone seen a way to fix that glitch where if you load a face preset only, it will not allow you to choose a hair style? I do know the SimPE workaround but int he time when the sims came out I use to make sims for all my favorite, anime, movies, cartoons, etc... and at one point I stopped and decide to save them. Now I haver 310 simmies, after losing like 423 in a tragical computer crash. I wonder if there is a way to at least default a hair "by force" I guess??? Something that you can add and then remove when you are finished editing the simmies???

As you sow, so shall you reap.
Scholar
#7168 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:57 PM
Still on ACR, the Casual menu only appears on community lots and not residential. I could have sworn it appeared on all lots. Am I wrong?

Field Researcher
#7169 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:16 PM
It should appear on all lots. It does in my game.
Mad Poster
#7170 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:51 PM
Has anyone happened upon a good CC-FREE way of creating a lookalike for chain link fencing? A few projects I'd like to work on would go a lot better if there's a decent analog...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#7171 Old 25th May 2017 at 8:49 PM Last edited by wthrwthoutyu : 25th May 2017 at 9:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by enebya
I think it's just Casual --> AutoWoo, or Casual --> Woohoo --> Autowoo.

I also have a question regarding ACR: Did I understand correctly that sims have to live on the same lot to try for baby autonomosly? So no try for baby with a date or booty call?

There are two override options for Try for Baby; allow unmarried and Try for Baby>Always. If allow unmarried is enabled, sims can get pregnant on a date if they decide to try. Always Try for Baby is handy if you have a sim you want to keep making babies, as for a challenge. Not sure about booty calls, but I would be surprised if they couldn't get pregnant from a booty call.

Edit for clarification: With ACR sims don't have to live together for autonomous Try for Baby or Risky Odds pregnancy. But it probably has to be a resident who is Trying and you have to fiddle with what the overrides allow.
Alchemist
#7172 Old 25th May 2017 at 8:59 PM
I doubt any of the shipped version fences/half-walls/etc look like chain link. for sure not in base game through Nightlife.
Mad Poster
#7173 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:32 PM
I'm trying to think of tricks like stacking some of the modern fences on top of one another using CFE, but then you're left with just the first level if you're actually playing the ground floor, and it just looks ridiculous...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Alchemist
#7174 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:43 PM
custom content I think is the only way to create/build/etc something that looks like chain link.
Scholar
#7175 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:24 PM
Ok, I will see if I messed with my settings at all. But this is in multiple hoods and I'm worried I have a mod conflict. Why wouldn't Casual show up at home but will on a community lot? That makes no sense...

Page 287 of 1347