Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2901 Old 25th May 2017 at 11:22 PM
Interesting! So it goes by age first, then by name alphabetically in ascending order. Figured that part too. Still good to know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2902 Old 26th May 2017 at 1:03 AM
My playable neighbors like to hang out on my current household and one pregnant neighbor drank all coffee what my sim made.
Considering to it she was drinking and using a toilet constantly but refused to leave until 2 a.m.
Scholar
#2903 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:59 AM
Sims can't jump rope in apartments. I can't believe it's taken me this long to notice - or do I have a mod that's preventing it? I can't think of anything that would; I only have a few mods and most of them relate to finance or parenting.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2904 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:04 AM
Maybe they don't have room? They can be very picky about their jump rope spots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2905 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:06 AM
I know I've seen sims jumping rope in apartments.
Mad Poster
#2906 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:25 PM
I had an apartment where there was nothing to do in the communal area and my neighbours drove me nuts constantly jumping rope (and catching bugs). So it is definitely possible.
Lab Assistant
#2907 Old 26th May 2017 at 12:53 PM
I discovered that even if you put the wall phone above a kitchen counter, it is still accessible. That is going to effect my house-designing from now on.
Scholar
#2908 Old 26th May 2017 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
I discovered that even if you put the wall phone above a kitchen counter, it is still accessible. That is going to effect my house-designing from now on.

But it isn’t when there’s a chair in the way

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Scholar
#2909 Old 26th May 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe they don't have room? They can be very picky about their jump rope spots.

Plenty of room, and it's the apartment door they're seeing in their thought bubble while they stomp and yell at me, even if they're not even on the same floor as the door.

Thanks for the replies confirming that they generally can jump rope in apartments - it was bothering me that I could have missed something that major literally for years! Maybe it's an issue specific to the Ocean Spray building? I haven't used that one much before. I'll have to get all my apartment-dwellers to try jumping rope on the next rotation and see if it happens anywhere else.
Mad Poster
#2910 Old 26th May 2017 at 3:35 PM
I think the wall phone works above any surface that could accept a table phone. Chairs aren't surfaces, so the chair is in the way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2911 Old 28th May 2017 at 2:31 AM
Is he attempting to stick her in his pocket?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#2912 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:25 AM
Inventor
#2913 Old 29th May 2017 at 4:57 PM
Today I discovered three things:
1. If you instal the Visitor Controller by twojeffs, in order to keep away annoying cows and llamas and cheerleaders, the secret society members will no longer wear their blazers. You can only identify them by recognising faces.
2. If you withdraw the Visitor Controller to get back the blazers, all playable sims will be reset, standing beside bed, plate, whatever, or by the wall if they should be at work or class.
3. If you instal all the vacation destinations, after you save and then exit, the game crashes. At least, mine did.
Test Subject
#2914 Old 29th May 2017 at 5:30 PM
I've been playing Sims 2 since the beginning, and I just noticed that little house tucked away in the wooded corner of Pleasantview.
Mad Poster
#2915 Old 29th May 2017 at 5:55 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 29th May 2017 at 6:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
Today I discovered three things:
1. If you instal the Visitor Controller by twojeffs, in order to keep away annoying cows and llamas and cheerleaders, the secret society members will no longer wear their blazers. You can only identify them by recognising faces.
2. If you withdraw the Visitor Controller to get back the blazers, all playable sims will be reset, standing beside bed, plate, whatever, or by the wall if they should be at work or class.
3. If you instal all the vacation destinations, after you save and then exit, the game crashes. At least, mine did.

I wonder why the visitor controller takes away the Secret Society member blazers... if that's true, then in a completely clean college subhood without the default dormies, there's no way to know who is a member of the Secret Society.

Also, I think the visitor conroller is what's keeping me from asking dormies to move in while my sim is residing in a dorm. Very weird.
Field Researcher
#2916 Old 29th May 2017 at 7:03 PM
If I turn the camera around so my perspective is near the refrigerator, I can hear the refrigerator motor running.
Mad Poster
#2917 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I wonder why the visitor controller takes away the Secret Society member blazers... if that's true, then in a completely clean college subhood without the default dormies, there's no way to know who is a member of the Secret Society.

It forces casual clothes to keep Sims from appearing in their work clothes. Probably didn't realize that meant secret society members end up without their blazers, or realized but didn't care.

It's something I intend to fix at some point, but fixing other peoples work is complicated, especially one as intricate as that one, so it may be years before I get to it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#2918 Old 30th May 2017 at 2:16 AM
Do you know that animation sims do when they get fit? Well... there's another one!
I don't know what caused it to be different. Another sim got fit after leaving the pool and did the normal animation, or at least, the one I always see.
Mad Poster
#2919 Old 30th May 2017 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo

Well that does make it more of a secret Society. XD
Mad Poster
#2920 Old 30th May 2017 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
I don't know what caused it to be different. Another sim got fit after leaving the pool and did the normal animation, or at least, the one I always see.
Pretty sure I've seen at least two different animations. They seem to be random, in my experience.
Mad Poster
#2921 Old 30th May 2017 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well that does make it more of a secret Society. XD

That I literally had to agree with. Also, there's always SimPE! I can go through the households and see which members have the token.
Mad Poster
#2922 Old 30th May 2017 at 7:28 AM
Just enable the testing cheats and shift-click on them. If one of the menu items says "remove from secret society", you know they're a member.

I'd still rather see them wear their uniforms though.
Mad Poster
#2923 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:06 AM
It actually sounds interesting to have no way of telling who's in the SS. Then if your sim gets abducted it'll be a total surprise.
Mad Poster
#2924 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:46 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 1st Jun 2017 at 8:50 AM.
Thanks, RoxEllen1965! Very helpful :D

Edit: Also, I found out that Saggitarius and Scorpio elder women in CAS will also do the Charleston. Very cool!
Field Researcher
#2925 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 12:48 PM
Townies etc. generally don't have memories but I have discovered that hobby sims do!

I've been playing my current hood for several sim years, and Noelle from the music club recently became a playable. Her house came up in my rotation and I was checking her recent memories to see if I had missed anything, and was surprised to find her memories went all the way back to the first sim year. Way back. All her dates and various woohoos were there and yeah, her first kiss wasn't Mystery Sim.
Page 117 of 445