Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:12 PM
Default What music (or other) do you listen to while you sim?
I recently discovered my laptop can run Spotify at the same time as TS4, so I've switched off the game music. The in-game music is fine, but I thought it might be fun to listen to music from movies and TV which relate to the family I'm playing. For example, a high class sim's life is now scored by the soundtracks to Pride&Prejudice and Downton Abbey while a middle-class sim's daily musings are accompanied by the soundtrack from Big Little Lies. Next I'm going to try some atmospheric noise for my lowest class sims from ambient-mixer.com.

What do you listen to while you sim?

forever craving chef salad | Sa0Ra on TS4 gallery | Sims & Sensibility
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th May 2017 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sa_Ra
I recently discovered my laptop can run Spotify at the same time as TS4

Mind blown.

Anyway, not sure what to say. I don't have a playlist tailored to The Sims 4. For a driving game or a shooter it's easy, but I can't imagine what would set the mood better in a game like this than silence.

When I'm playing chill games I usually pop this in the background....

Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2017 at 9:18 PM
I use to listen to the soundtrack from Morrowind, but now I simply turn the Sims radio station to new age and feel instantly relaxed.
Instructor
#4 Old 25th May 2017 at 12:50 AM
I have my eclectic playlist I listen too, it has just about every genre (except for country) and it plays in alphabetical order. thousands of songs in my computer, but I will name a few of them: beck, enya, sia, garbage, muse, radiohead, 21 pilots, saosin, fever ray, lana del ray... I could not begin to list them all
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2017 at 1:50 AM
When I'm not in mood to hear Sims 4 soundtrack, I have music like Audio Bullys, Angel Tears, Rom Di Prisco, Digitalism, Mashrou' Leila, Kabanjak, REG Project, and/or Hugo Kant playing.

The songs from these artists have a relaxing, yet energetic feeling that makes me get lost in thoughts and thus building seems less tedious.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#6 Old 25th May 2017 at 1:56 AM
So am I the only one that doesn't listen to anything while playing? I just listen to the game I guess or the music on the stereos, especially Pop & Alternative on Sims 4. Sims always has excellent radio choices :D
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:11 AM
I don't listen to anything else. I just listen to the Sims music until I get sick of hearing it when building and then just turn off my speakers. I used to listen to music when doing things but never seem to think of it now. And I hardly ever turn on my stereo anymore. I listen to music in my car all the time though.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 25th May 2017 at 12:42 PM
The radio provided by the sims, I enjoy simlish songs Also, I installed ts2 songs so now they are in my s4 radio too. What's better than playing and feeling nostalgic.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:13 PM
I am another who just listens to the sims sound track, I do like the radio stations on the stereo, and since they never turn it off I always have music.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:14 PM
Does Swedish Death Metal count? I really miss the Sims 2 metal station! lol
Scottiedoag
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
I am another who just listens to the sims sound track, I do like the radio stations on the stereo, and since they never turn it off I always have music.

I have to admit I've never explored the in-game radio stations at length, so I think I'll have a little browse the next time I have a chance to play!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scottiedoag
Does Swedish Death Metal count? I really miss the Sims 2 metal station! lol
Scottiedoag

Of course it counts! I remember dropping my own music files into TS2 and having them on the in game radios. I wonder if that still exists in TS4?

A small tangent: As a child one of my friends who didn't know Swedish played in a band and they called it Smultron because they thought it sounded wicked. They were not deterred when they found out the meaning of the word ("wild strawberries").

Test Subject
#13 Old 25th May 2017 at 9:48 PM
I either listen to my Spotify playlists (one of them is a compilation of various things I like and the other is the soundtrack to Hamilton) or I just find long-ish Youtube videos to listen to.

"Just once, can you two behave like grown ups?" "We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants. I wouldn't hold out too much hope."
Scholar
#14 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:21 PM
Honestly I mostly just listen to the Simlish pop or alternative. Spooky has a few cool songs (Valen) but for the most part I change the station if I don't like what they turned on. (Backyard aka country-no thanks)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th May 2017 at 5:42 PM
I play an ambience station I made ( http://relaxing.ambient-mixer.com/city---rain ) and Psotmdoern Jukebox when I'm playing in San Myshuno.