Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2017 at 11:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Please help! Clothes have disappeared!
So after clearing all my caches in the sims 3 I start up my game and all my clothes have disappeared in CAS. The sims are still wearing clothes but it's just not showing anything for me to chose from. I've got no idea what has happened or how I get them back please help me
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2017 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
now when you say "cache" you don't mean "dccache" did you?

I might have done but it's still in my recycling bin is that how I get them back?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2017 at 1:34 PM
I've moved all my cache files back into the sims 3 folder. On all of them it asked if I wanted to replace the files of the same name already in the folder. I clicked yes but the clothing still isn't coming up in CAS.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2017 at 5:20 PM
The following five files should be deleted so they can regenerate. This is what we mean by clearing caches. You can't restore them with old copies, that will break the game.
CasPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (this one is optional)

Some will also delete thumbnails and world caches, but those make the game work much harder to rebuild and should only really be done if troubleshooting a specific problem. Players on the Mac version of the game should never delete the world caches as that will break their ongoing game.

The DCCache folder is where your installed EA Store and sims3pack type of CC are installed into. It's not really a "cache" location in the temporary, expendable sense. If you remove it or its contents, then you will no longer have any EA Store nor sims3pack content installed. Poof, it would all be gone and need to be reinstalled through the Launcher.

What exactly do you mean by no clothes, though. Are even the base game and EP/SP clothes not showing up in CAS?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2017 at 10:46 PM
Absolutely nothing is showing up in cas if you go to clothes everything is just gone. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and all the clothes are still gone
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2017 at 10:47 PM
I have some script mods could they be doing it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st May 2017 at 12:18 AM
Default pic one: this is all that is coming up in clothes
pic two: i can edit the colour and choose from whatever the sim is automatically wearing but i can't pick anything else. I've checked and triple checked that I've got it set to show all clothes and not just CC or base game etc. I can't understand why they're not there
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2017 at 5:53 PM
I've taken out all script mods and clothes have reappeared! Only script mods I had downloaded were inteen... I've never heard of anyone else having this issue before?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychobarbiedoll
I've taken out all script mods and clothes have reappeared! Only script mods I had downloaded were inteen... I've never heard of anyone else having this issue before?

I don't believe the TS3 mods from that developer were ever updated to work beyond Patch 1.57 or so.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2017 at 8:40 AM
Well my clothes are back anyway thank you for all your help!
One more thing, my game keeps crashing without warning? It was doing it before I installed the script mods unless I saved periodically, and then it would work for hours, however now even if I save periodically the screen just goes black and I get a pop up saying "the sims 3 has stopped working" my only option on that pop up is to click okay and then it says "finding a soloution" and then that pop up just goes away and my game closes :/
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Psychobarbiedoll
Well my clothes are back anyway thank you for all your help!
One more thing, my game keeps crashing without warning? It was doing it before I installed the script mods unless I saved periodically, and then it would work for hours, however now even if I save periodically the screen just goes black and I get a pop up saying "the sims 3 has stopped working" my only option on that pop up is to click okay and then it says "finding a soloution" and then that pop up just goes away and my game closes :/

There are tons of reasons why the game crashes. The causes include poor programming/optimization, being run on insufficient hardware, frame rates not being capped on the newer, stronger graphics cards (takes player involvement), game files not being maintained well, bad CC will also do this. We can't reprogram the game, but we can try to give it the best environment in which to run to help minimize the frequency of such issues. Beyond that, here is a page full of tips that many have found useful to improve the game's performance.
https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+F...ame+Performance