Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Custom lot size mod not working in 1.67?
So, I got back to TS3 recently, trying to see if my new computer can handle it a bit better than back in the day when I last played it, around two years ago (yeah, I know it won't happen, I just like to be disappointed :P).
Anyway, I reinstalled the whole thing, all Expansions except for Into the Future (but the game is patched up to 1.67, which I think is the last patch), reinstalled all my mods (and looked for updated ones when needed), among which there's Velocitygrass' Add Any Lot Size. The last it was updated was for 1.63, but the comments on the mod page suggest that it's still working, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I'm sure it worked the last time I played TS3 on my old computer with the same mods setup, but now the AddLotSize code doesn't do anything for me.

Help please?

PS: while I'm at it, I'm going to use it to add a university lot to the map I'd like to use this time (st. Claire). Is there any pitfall I should look out for regarding that?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:39 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:46 PM
Nope, it doesn't work. I tried with all sorts of capitalization (AddLotSize, addlotsize, Addlotsize), nothing. I think that for some reason the mod is not loading, as at one point I decided to cheat and xml tune it to have the two lot sizes I needed available by default, but nothing happened either.
I tried to put it in the package folder and in the override folder, no changes.

EDIT: oh, sorry for putting the thread in the wrong section. Thanks for moving it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:05 PM
It worked! Weirdly enough, it started working after I removed the Nraas suite. Which seems really off, as I always used the Nraas collection of mods without any issue. Maybe some of the new versions do not work well with the custom lot size mod. Oh, well, I put the lots I needed and now I don't need the mod anymore.

As I said they are going to be universities. Anything I should be aware before I put the custom lots in?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:46 PM
Sorry, not sure what the issue was there but there is no conflict between the current versions of NRaas mods and the most recent version of Velocitygrass' Any Lot Size mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:56 PM
I know, it's absolutely weird. The mod collection I installed is basically the same I had two years ago (except that I downloaded the most updated versions if there were any). Never had mod conflicts back then.

Yet, it has to be something from Nraas. I have my mods arranges in two sub-folders, one is Nraas only and the other is misc stuff. I removed all the misc stuff and the lot mod still didn't work; I removed the Nraas folder too, and it worked properly.
Anyway, now I don't need it anymore, so I put everything back.