Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#376 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 11:55 AM
That was partly the attempt of this thread, for people to show their business and what mods they used. I think I put down most of mine. of course finding them in all the pages might not be so easy. I was thinking I might go through and make a list on the first post and link them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#377 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 12:33 PM
Dolphin Point now as an aquarium.

Just a starter lot.

The aquarium part

The gift shop

Loving the pond mod. There is an eating area as well, forgot to get a photo.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#378 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Dolphin Point now as an aquarium.

Just a starter lot.

The aquarium part

The gift shop

Loving the pond mod. There is an eating area as well, forgot to get a photo.

Where did you find those gorgeous corrals and shells?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#379 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 8:51 PM
Many of the Sea creatures/corals/shells would be by Veranka. https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&...9849937&cad=rjt

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#380 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:31 AM
Update on my health clinic which I think can now be called a small hospital.

First shown here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...284#post4838284

How it is now. Sorry mixture of C key and Fraps.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#381 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:31 AM
The bed chair OMSP needs to be placed at 90 degrees to where you have it. I can't remember which colour is the front (I always use it invisibly) but the green placement arrow should face away from the wall. It allows sims to sit on the bed like a chair, so you should imagine an invisible dining chair. If you want an OMSP to place the baby on the bed, an invisible danglemaster does well and snaps into OMSPs or you could look at my co-sleeper.

I love your hospital! Did you say in an earlier message how you use it? Also the baby area is cute but it does alarm me newborns being so far away from their parents unless they need special care. If I build a maternity hospital which I may do I will definitely go for rooming in.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#382 Old 22nd May 2017 at 7:43 AM
Well I had the green arrow pointing out towards the room away from the wall and she complained that the bed was in the way. So maybe I need to move the bed as well?

They have rooming in, the bassinet and bath are in the nursery room ight now to give me room to figure out that bed chair OMSP.

How I use it is on the earlier post. I use Christianlov's transport mirror to bring patients since it removes them from their home and makes them controllable at the destination. It was funny-kind of, Loaded up, went to do something and the lot loaded in live mode. When I came back she had given birth to a boy paused on the name baby window! her and the other pregnant sim were nearly dead. Exit without saving back to the hood! Yep I run a great hospital there. The doctor uses the pcsims doctor bag that you can see in the doctors office and the eye chart also pcsims. They also have a pregnancy test and I bring my nurse via the meeting controller. Then I also have a midwife and hopefully another nurse soon. I like the midwife to be present at births.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#383 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:26 AM
Well, not a business mod per se, but I like using Christianlov's NPCs as employees.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#384 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:04 PM
Can you explain how you do that? That's a big part of why I started this thread, to show how we use mods/do things in sim business and work places.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#385 Old 22nd May 2017 at 12:13 PM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 22nd May 2017 at 12:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I mean cafeteria type of deal. Sorry, for the wrong vocabulary lol.

I'm using my college cafeteria experience for this (there was no server, you just grabbed the food) but maybe try exnem's buyable - buy mode food ? I use those for my meal plan lots in my university:
  • one for all the pizzas
  • one for all the mexican foods (i.e. tacos al pastor and various enchiladas. I haven't used the conchas yet though.)
  • one for the various cupcakes
  • one for ice cream (one is banana split and another is a double scoop, single glass sundae. He also has an ice cream machine that you have pay an initial cost to use)
  • a 'hot dog vendor' location in the 'courtyard' of the rabbithole administration building
  • a coffee shop that uses chocolate chip cookies, banana nut muffins, the doughnut box and various bread, meat, and cheese platters
  • a burger and soda shop

Most of the food have pictures so that you can see what you are getting.

To pair off the food, you could use exnem's functioning soda machine. The only fill hunger a little bit, so you will need to have the sims eat food.

I highly recommend using the mexican food [tacos and enchiladas] for really hungry sims. Got the job done when I had some sims study to the point of starvation. The doughnut box and the bread, meat and cheese platters are also good for that. The others are more for the slightly hungry sim. (I haven't used the hot dog cart recently so I can't say).

There is also Plumb Bob Keep, where they recently came out with medieval munchies. I recently used those in combination with exnem's foods to make a county fair lot. If you use the empty medieval tables with awnings, and line them up in a row parallel to each other, they resemble that line of food booths you would see at a county fair or a state fair.

Edit: To stay on topic - I imagine that if you have a cashier and charge for the buyable food and maybe use it at the same time as that timed ticket thing (I haven't really done many businesses). You could make an owned county fair lot. Other things in mine [based in Riverblossom Hills] are the food contest table, axe throwing activity, the World of Wonder carousel and arcade game, and the pony rides
Mad Poster
#386 Old 22nd May 2017 at 1:57 PM
I hate repeating myself, but I need an actual functional fast-food restaurant exactly I described one. Thanks for help though, but that's not actually looking for. No servers - with host? No thank you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#387 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I hate repeating myself, but I need an actual functional fast-food restaurant exactly I described one. Thanks for help though, but that's not actually looking for. No servers - with host? No thank you.

This isn't really meant as a asking for help thread, more of sharing "this is how I do things" thread. I am sure we have said before that what you were wanting can't be done, or hasn't been done yet since you never know.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#388 Old 22nd May 2017 at 2:45 PM
Well s/he did say "maybe try", which implies as a suggestion. I'm reminding him/her (with the way he worded out) that I want a precise fast food restaurant. Waiters should just put the meal/food on the bar and allow the customer to carry it onward onto another countertop/table.
Scholar
#389 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:36 PM
Can you explain how you do that? That's a big part of why I started this thread, to show how we use mods/do things in sim business and work places.

Well, essentially the're a big all-inone cook / maid / butler / etc, and there's a nanny too. And they can man a cash register too. And you can assign exactly what it does, or what does each of them do, if you have more than one. And you can assign any sim in town instead of the generated ones.

So for example, you can make a custom sim, give her a labcoat, and then assign her to be a "nurse" in your custom hospital. Just set her duties to be cleaning and whatnot and pretend she's the nurse.

Or my vampire has a proper Igor who cooks and repairs, and an Igorina who cleans up the place (including selling paintings and stuff like that), answers the phone, and waters the flowers. Both in apropriate outfits for staff of a vampyric Witch Queen, of course.

Hell, you can set them to play instruments for example, so you have a band playing live in your restaurant.

Stuff like that. Think a butler on crack... err... on steroids, really. Or really what EA's butler should have been. And then some. And then some more. If there's a job you could realistically assign to a servant, they probably can be set to do it.

Oh, and they ignore door locks in the course of doing their job. So if you locked a toilet for everyone but your family, the maid can still clean it.

And you can decide how much autonomy they'll have, working hours, whether they get weekends off, and whether you want to actually pay them or think the Romans were onto something with slavery

Autonomy choices are:
- off: full robot mode. They don't do anything except their assigned duites and stand in their assigned place when they have nothing to do. They'll be very miserable, unless you use snapdragons or something, but can't do anything about it. They can't even hope for sweet death to release them, because they can't even die on duty, no matter how bad their needs get.
- sit: they can sit in a special chair when they have nothing else to do. Otherwise, see above. They'll still be very miserable, but not uncomfortable
- full: they'll eat, chat people up, etc, to keep their own needs up. If they're set to 24h, i.e., live-in servants, they need a special bed to sleep in at night. But periodically if there's something to do that's within their assigned duties, they'll queue up actually doing it

I like the last one personally. I don't want to be TOO evil, you know

I also tend to not use the 24h option, except if it's a nanny.
Mad Poster
#390 Old 22nd May 2017 at 4:51 PM
Jo, from the download thread:

Quote:
Placement:
When placing these I found that for some objects--including the bed--you need to pull out the OMSP a quarter of a tile or sims won't be able to use them. For other objects, like with the toy box, you can simply place them like normal and they work fine. For most objects as long as you can see the full red tab sims seem to be able to use them. If they do need to be adjusted off of the grid you can use quarter tile placement if you have M&G or boolprop snapobjectstogrid false if you don't. If you've never used cheats to build or decorate there's a nice tutorial by TanyaWhan on the exchange you might find useful.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
#391 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:02 PM
Oh, and here's another idea. Unlike regular employees, it's fairly trivial to make them work shifts, by just setting their start time and leave time accordingly. For example you could have one nurse show up at 6AM and leave at 2PM, and another one show up at 2PM and leave at 10PM.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#392 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:03 PM
@Moraelin Did you give a link? I have heard of this before but never tried it. I don't want any NPC (I try for the least of these as possible) or live in, but I wouldn't mind having a playable arrive, do a few things there each day. Being able to enter locked rooms to clean does sound very handy. I was only thinking last night that I needed someone to go into her room to clean, fix the broken shower and to serve her food. I'm guessing they won't deliver food but they could have cleaned or fixed her shower.

@simsfreq Thanks, it always helps to read the instructions.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#393 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:22 PM
He's a featured MTS creator, so not very hard to find: http://modthesims.info/browse.php?gs=0&u=64030

The all in one NPCs and nanny are on the last page there: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=286864

But yeah, it can easily do all that. Well, sorta. Except for serving food in your room. They actually do serve food, if set to serve food, but only in the kitchen; or more technically, in the room with the stove. (BTW, don't use the uni stove. That one spawns a uni cook instead.) By default they'll put a plate on the table in front of each chair facing a table in the room, but if you don't like that, you can put a flower or candle or something on the table to signal they should leave it alone. Then they'll place the plates on any island counters placed in front of the stove, just like the college cook.

Well, unlike the uni cook, you can set what you'd like them to cook for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Including custom foods.

And to use a playable, just dismiss the generated NPC and assign a playable.

Other ideas which aren't very intrusive, include stuff like ordering groceries if you're running low, watering the flowers, refilling the cat bowl / parrot cage / hamster / aquarium, and stuff like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#394 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:35 PM
I know it spawns a uni cook I have the simlogical patch to make sure it does on all lots that I use it on. What I use to block places is HW slot blocker. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=550234 Place and turn invisible.

The hospital doesn't have a hospital kitchen only the living quarters kitchen. Now it's getting bigger I may move them out, switch it to a community lot and have the doctor buy it. Right now I just grab a plate with the hand tool of whatever the family has cooked and place it in patient rooms.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#395 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:36 AM
Bumping to show my highschool and the changes made to my primary school. When I first posted my school was a combined primary/highschool (we do not have middle schools over here)

Primary School

High School

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#396 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:06 AM
Bumping to show my highschool and the changes made to my primary school. When I first posted my school was a combined primary/highschool (we do not have middle schools over here)

Primary School

High School

Wow it looks so great. I wanted to build a school and it gives me a lot of inspiration.
It also has some beautiful cc.
Where can I find the pottery for kids?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#397 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:15 AM
Thanks

Kids Pottery Wheel by Nixsims https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...table-for-kids/

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#398 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 5:05 AM
@Sunrader asked me on my supermarket upload http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=619543

Quote:
I am curious about other things you use and what your own store looks like. Would you consider showing us a few pics of the version you play?

So I hadn't actually played it yet as I had only just finished the uploaded version. The main idea of mine was from seeing how ingredients are used in Sims 3 and 4.

In sims 3 I know your sim has to buy ingredients and use them to cook. https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...recipe-list.php So to make waffles your sim needs to have eggs. But I have no interest in rabbit holes.

In sims 4 ingredients magically appear while deducting money; that doesn't interest me, but needing ingredients on hand to make dishes does.

I wanted a shop that could sell singular ingredients like a packet of flour, a carton of eggs, a loaf of bread etc. Before this I just had a few staples in my smaller shops, but I wanted a larger one with a bigger range.

Basically it's the same shop but with a whole lot more CC added, especially the single ingredients. I will make the shop owned and set things for sale and hire staff so I can send playables to it to buy ingredients but I won't run it by a playable though. Well not a regular playable since none of them could afford it. Then I want my playable sims to have ingredients on hand to be allowed to make certain dishes.

The cooler that I added to the frozen section has singular frozen pizza, butter, milk, ice cream, yoghurt and milk drinks.
The other areas have flour, salt, sugar, eggs, bread, Vegemite.
Baby formula, nappies, wipes etc
The pet food aisle has Gummi's pet food plus deco food
I have 2 green groceries, one that seels game produce/new growable produce from here.
Sun&moon produce. *So if a sim is making a potato dish they will need to go buy potatoes.
A new store that will sell sun&moon herbs and spices. So if they are cooking a curry, they will need curry.
A fish and seafood shop
I don't yet have a real butcher. I still need to buy some various meats that sims can buy probably just deco. The butcher here only has sausages separately. I need to find deco packaged mince and roast at least.*

*note this is mostly in my head, sims can't really use sun&moon potatoes in a potato dish, they just stock the fridge. If it's deco I will just leave it in inventory and say they bought a meat roast. Depending on how cheap it is I might delete it after one use.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#399 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 6:11 AM
*note this is mostly in my head, sims can't really use sun&moon potatoes in a potato dish, they just stock the fridge. If it's deco I will just leave it in inventory and say they bought a meat roast. Depending on how cheap it is I might delete it after one use.

Dangit, until I read this you had my hopes up a little, especially mentioning Sun & Moon since they would have had the know-how on making such a set (expanding from their plant stuff I mean).

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#400 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 8:17 AM
I think it would be possible if someone with the know-how looked at it since the game uses fish to make the fish dishes. Some coding lets the game know if they have a trout vs a bass in inventory. I don't know how much Frac can do by herself without Sunni though, she was the power behind the harder coding.

~Call me Jo~
Page 16 of 18