Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That's so pretty Essa! Both the hood view and the farm lot itself, very pretty. I wish I had the patience and creative skill to make my hood look like that :P

Thank you gummilutt. You just made my day. To be honest, I won't call myself either patient nor creative. I'm decorating the hood as I go. I decided to improve the farming side a few weeks ago.
I'm proud of both the farm and the shop because I'm far from being a builder. As I said before, I'd rather play the game than build or decorate.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I love your farm @Essa No the police and fire are 1 by 2, not even I could fit a driveway and a house next to it on a 1 by 1. I do have up for download a 1 by 1 firehouse though. http://www.modthesims.info/d/547678 I crammed a driveway underneath, but it is very very tiny. It's based on the Simcity fire station.

Than you Jo. I saw those lots and I plan to get your police station. At the moment, I think I have two playables who are in Law enforcement. One is Captain Hero and is about to retire. The other is married with 5 children with two of them being adults. *have an idea*

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ Essa thank you, happy you like my "Shoe Gallery" your Farm Community is so wonderful I just love it so much. Your Graphic is good is this the Sims 3 ?

Sims 3? Nononononononono!!!!!! I'm a S2 player. My farm is Sims 2 like Jo said.
I've upgraded my old desktop (got it in 2004 when I started playing S2) with a new motherboard with an integrated graphics chipset, new RAM and hard disks. I'm happy with it. I only miss shadows on sims since I have the black square issue

Well since I started this hood (and gen 1 kids are just now turning into YA) there has been at least 5 burglaries, one even on my runaway teen lot where the kid only had a tent and a few tomato plants (he stole her tent) and numerous pickpocketings so I would say yes! The crime rate is terrible.

The farm is Sim 2, Essa has a sky mod and it looks like a lighting mod. My computer wont run a sky mod, I tried it once all it showed was some grey on the horizon. it's too old.

Yes I have the sky mod by Chris997. That's too bad you can't use it, Jo. I had an issue when installing it but setting the lot view at the highest did the trick. I also have Gunmod radiance mod. :lovestruc

Jo, how are you dealing with crime in your hood at the moment?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 9:27 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Aug 2015 at 1:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Jo, how are you dealing with crime in your hood at the moment?

Putting my fingers in my ears and going "lalala" like a sim? Lol right now I am playing my B&B and ignoring it. I just moved them to the house that will be the winery, just waiting for spring. They have only been open 3 days and are level 5 from doing nothing.

I have placed down a police academy in Brainania and have one YA attending. I am trying not to create more CAS sims although I might create a playable burglar as I don't see any of my born in sims taking on that role. Then I will have somebody I can lock up in the NPC burglars place.

Library

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 2:47 AM
Love that bookshelf (with the bees). May I ask where you got it?

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 3:17 AM
From the library download I linked to. Maybe she says in the description, but I got it by downloading the library.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 5:56 AM
The Lighthouse restaurant

This is by Sarahjane10784 http://modthesims.info/d/459324 changed around by me.
The lighthouse is neighbourhood deco placed inside the lot.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#81 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 6:30 AM
There is a hack to allow you to hire family as employees, so they will show up when you take other sims there. I can't remember where to get it from though, but I know someone else will.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 6:37 AM
Yes I have it. I thought about it but I didn't want her to be an employee or to put the sign out as it sends them to work. I think it also messes up the finances which I didn't want while they were paying off their bank loan.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...cd&topic=7778.0

Maybe once they reach level 10, since they are level 8 now.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#83 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
Love that bookshelf (with the bees). May I ask where you got it?

It's by Sims2Code and can be found at the Graveyard. It's part of their Honey Bee Study - Fun Set.
Instructor
#84 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 11:30 AM
@joandsarah77 - what does your police academy look like?

Because I've been looking for lots that looked somewhat like a police academy and lots that looked like a military training ground but I haven't really seen any that I've liked. There is one that I would like to add to my university hood, and I would like one where I can add it to my Baskerville shopping district.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 12:52 PM
It was just a police station that I changed into a dorm. It's not even finished yet, but it was good enough to start playing. It might have come from the sims 2 community project- I think that's what it is called.
Building one has been on my to do list for awhile, nearly did for the fitness theme but I finished my medieval knight barracks instead. I'm not sure where my police academy dorm that I built a couple of years ago is now, in some save of my old hood. I had noticed there was nothing like that on here.
There is also an army barracks here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=454180 That could also be made to look suitable. You need to use dorm doors and have a cafeteria and change lot zoning to dorm.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#86 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 4:16 PM
Thanks Jo, I have been looking at Phaenoh's lot for a while now. But something was also stopping me downloading it, and I think it might have to do with the fact that I thought it might be too big. But I have been eyeing it up though, so I might now download it.
Theorist
#87 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 8:27 PM
Since Vincent Khan rolled "win a lottery prize", I built a newsstand inspired by Plastibox. Sims find magazines, newspapers and lottery tickets here.

Le Kiosque

The town also get its PO but PC Sims' parcel station doesn't play well with BRY.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 9:19 PM
@Essa
May I ask what CC is on your Kiosk?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 10:53 PM
Yes everyone, can you include at least the site, or file name or links when you explain about your business and also a brief bit about how the cc is used? That was one of the reasons I started this thread, so that others could go and create one with the cc others are using. How do they buy a lottery ticket? Also I have not seen that stand at the front before.

What is BRY?

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#90 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 2:09 AM
Your businesses look great, Jo.

For me, when I play businesses, I don't really have any special way of playing them. For restaurants, I do usually have a theme going and so I try to modify the menu to reflect that. I do use some mods to help out, though, like I use the Career Adjustor to keep patrons from losing loyalty over issues I consider to be small.
Theorist
#91 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 2:10 AM
Is BRY maybe Business Runs You?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#92 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:05 AM
I use the BRY sign with the PC parcel service and havn't seen nay issues. I don't use any other parts of BRY though, the whole running to do sales, running back to the till would drive me crazy. I've seen it at work on a few let's Play's.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#93 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:34 PM
@PanAm103
The posters, the floor and wall magazines racks and the newspaper dispenser are part of this set: http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj...wntown_015.html (the dispenser is a donator gift).
The ticket machine is part of Veranka's Le Cinema Plumbob: http://verounique.livejournal.com/11752.html

Let me know if you want further information.

Yes everyone, can you include at least the site, or file name or links when you explain about your business and also a brief bit about how the cc is used? That was one of the reasons I started this thread, so that others could go and create one with the cc others are using. How do they buy a lottery ticket? Also I have not seen that stand at the front before.

What is BRY?

Since I specified that most of the items were decorative for the kiosk, I didn't feel the need to say where the CC were from. My bad.
I pretend my sims buy loterry tickets when they buy magazines. So Vince buy two magazines for 34 § (lottery ticket value) and won 390 § (family funds). I know that Monique's computer has a lottery feature but I don't understand how it works.

In my post about my night club, I already talked about Business Runs You (BRY). By now I now assume that the reader should know what BRY stands for. ;-)

@Joandsarah77
I test the parcel station in my test hood without BRY. A NPC shows up at the parcel station. Then I had BRY and the NPC disappear. When I wanted to use BRY features such as "assign to cashier", the owner didn't want to do his job. I got rid of the parcel station and things were back to normal.
I may give it another try but I'd like to know if the parcel station uses an already existing NPC or if it generates a new one.

I heavily rely on BRY to run businesses. I just don't use the parts related to wages.
I love running sims. There was a time when lazy sims weren't allowed to run businesses in my game since they couldn't run. Now they can and I have to deal with their slowness.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 7:13 PM
@Jo - your tiny cafe is lovely.
I am enjoying this thread - it gives me ideas (executing them might be another story )
As for phones, my businesses have them - sometimes my Sims owner want to invite friends over after hours ( a good time raises the perks) - and what about emergencies? I have not really seen clients using the owner's phone, so if they do,
it cannot be that often?
Field Researcher
#95 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 9:47 PM
Seeing this thread makes me wish I could actually build well..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:07 PM
@Essa Thanks for the link. I did wonder if the lottery ticket was more your imagination for the shop, I do stuff like that. I probably should have known what BRY was but I was blank. The station generates using my existing NPC. I do use the no regen mods though, not sure about people who don't have those. I thought it had to use an NPC so I've never tried assigning anyone to it.

Thanks @Justpetro I just decorated it the building is one of Plasticbox's from her hood of Elsewhere.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#97 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 5:00 PM
You're welcome Jo. I wish I were more imaginative, though.

Quote: Originally posted by MileyTheSimmer
Seeing this thread makes me wish I could actually build well..

I suck at building too. I'm not great with floor plans but I decided to deal with it. :p
Meet Me In My Next Life
#98 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Sep 2015 at 3:31 AM.
@ joandsarah77 I made a quick Laundromat 2x2 yesterday using creator gummilutt washers and dryers the Sims are having a ball with it. The building is simple, I think I will let this elder Sims run it since he's always cleaning.
Here are some pictures of it below:

NOTE: Click on pictures for a better View.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 3:37 AM
Cute, I need a laundromat in Coral Bay, but have none to run one yet.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#100 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Simonut : 11th Sep 2015 at 8:35 PM.
Cute, I need a laundromat in Coral Bay, but have none to run one yet.

@ joandsarah77 Maybe you can run it as an community lot, until you have a Sims to run it, I have the Laundromat in the picture in Pleasantview and another one I made in my custom hood.
I use creator gummilutt "not autonomous" in some Sims home that could afford it. I like that version because I don't want other Sims coming into my Sims home and using their Washer and dryer,

With that version you can direct your Sims to use when you want them to, In the community lot I use the "autonomous" version where the Sims will walk up to the washer and dryer and use it on their own free will. They love it.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 4 of 18