Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11226 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:54 PM
This is the one thing that makes me a bit sad though. With Woohooer the interaction is called simply "WooHoo!"; without Woohooer some places give a more detailed description, like "under the mayor's table" at City Hall. I miss those.
Advertisement
Scholar
#11227 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:32 PM
It's been said in hundreds of ways but I don't think I ever really paid attention to the fact that rabbitholes are pretty much the incentive for getting sims to visit lots. It wasn't until I made a lot and then dropped the rabbitholes that I noticed sims didn't come anywhere near the lot even though it was visitors allowed.
Mad Poster
#11228 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
This is the one thing that makes me a bit sad though. With Woohooer the interaction is called simply "WooHoo!"; without Woohooer some places give a more detailed description, like "under the mayor's table" at City Hall. I miss those.

You have chosen to inform us on many occasions that your sims have their intimate moments in the privacy of their own homes, usually in beds behind locked doors. Or something like that, in an underhanded or most likely subconscious way to make the rest of us feel like utter perverts. It is therefore surprising that you even noticed the difference regarding the space under your mayor's table.
Mad Poster
#11229 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
It's been said in hundreds of ways but I don't think I ever really paid attention to the fact that rabbitholes are pretty much the incentive for getting sims to visit lots. It wasn't until I made a lot and then dropped the rabbitholes that I noticed sims didn't come anywhere near the lot even though it was visitors allowed.

The lot type also plays a role. Visitors Allowed is really meant for rabbithole lots though, it should be dictating whether there is any attraction to the lot or reasons for sims to hang around on them when they are not using the rabbithole -- such as a playground that might be adjacent to but on the same lot as a school, for example.
Scholar
#11230 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The lot type also plays a role. Visitors Allowed is really meant for rabbithole lots though, it should be dictating whether there is any attraction to the lot or reasons for sims to hang around on them when they are not using the rabbithole -- such as a playground that might be adjacent to but on the same lot as a school, for example.

Is there an equivalent for lack of rabbitholes? I was going to try hangout or small park but they seemed to be trait specific.
#11231 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This must either be an instance of your particular humour or you're mistaking me for somebody else...

Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Is there an equivalent for lack of rabbitholes? I was going to try hangout or small park but they seemed to be trait specific.
Ah, my favourite subject.
I find it rather pointless to tag a rabbithole lot as Visitors Allowed, as the attraction score of this type is negligible and will not, for example, turn the school lot into a popular playground. Depending on how many other community lots a world has, Small Park doesn't make a lot of difference either. If you want a playground that children actually visit, a Big Park, in my opinion, is the best choice, or at least a lot, regardless of type, with a rabbithole that does attracts visitors, like Theatre, Bookstore or Grocery.
Mad Poster
#11232 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:14 AM
This must either be an instance of your particular humour or you're mistaking me for somebody else...

I'm going to assume a Reply copy/paste error is happening here because this conversation is now making less sense than it ever did. Which is fine, if that was the goal.

Yes, I was attempting to be humorous, no I have not mistaken you for someone else. The Great Don Babilon is unmistakable. Do I really need to go back and find your past comments on the Woohooer Toilet Stall module and about mixologist sims running a pink light business in the back room with a comfortable bed to accommodate customers?

I was in fact about to Call Shenanigans on the whole Woohooer claim in this case (even if it has merit) given the source, but decided against such an extreme step.

And to avoid any misunderstandings, I do hope others reading this are taking this "argument" as light-heartedly as it is intended.
#11233 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:22 AM
Well, if you go back even further you might also unearth my request for a self-woohoo module that, unfortunately, never came to pass.

But, on a more serious note, is it even within the range of possibility to have more individual interaction menu lines back when it comes to rabbithole woohoo?
Mad Poster
#11234 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:25 AM Last edited by igazor : 16th Jul 2018 at 9:39 AM.
That one I don't remember, but given that sims woohoo under covers, behind steam clouds, hiding inside of igloos and rabbitholes, etc., not sure what it would do for the mod overall. Animated Woohoo/Passion has that implemented for those so inclined.

On the real question, about the rabbitholes, that would be worth raising with Chain but not until after the site move so that it gets due consideration.
#11235 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:32 AM
I don't need to see it to believe it and it was a request from before the time that such things like animated woohoo existed anyway. It was more along the lines of "enter the sarcophagus - alone -, come out refreshed..."
Scholar
#11236 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:59 PM

Ah, my favourite subject.
I find it rather pointless to tag a rabbithole lot as Visitors Allowed, as the attraction score of this type is negligible and will not, for example, turn the school lot into a popular playground. Depending on how many other community lots a world has, Small Park doesn't make a lot of difference either. If you want a playground that children actually visit, a Big Park, in my opinion, is the best choice, or at least a lot, regardless of type, with a rabbithole that does attracts visitors, like Theatre, Bookstore or Grocery.

Ah, so visitors allows + rabbitholes is redundant. That makes sense. I've also found that most opportunities seem to be connected to rabbitholes which is also upsetting but again makes sense.
Top Secret Researcher
#11237 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:53 AM
Apparently, moving is VERY stressful for toddlers. This one lost her hair in the move.

Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#11238 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:25 AM
Today I discovered there is a Freezer Bunny crossing road sign. It's so cute. Apparently it comes with Monte Vista, which I have for the wonderful pizza oven but haven't really played.
Theorist
#11239 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Apparently, moving is VERY stressful for toddlers. This one lost her hair in the move.

Just as a compliment, I love your doors and walls in this house....are they CC? Maybe you just have a nice graphics card!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#11240 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 12:47 AM
This wasn't while PLAYING but I'm watching a show called Million Pound Cars and it keeps playing Sims 3 music. (I know there was a thread about Sims music in other things but that was a few years ago, wasn't it?) Go check it out; it's on Netflix and you see lots of awesome old cars.
Field Researcher
#11241 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:00 PM
You need bubble bath thingy to have a Sim make a bubble bath. Found that out when a Sim rolled a want for said interaction. Also it had to be placed on the tub. I didn't know the tub even had slots!
Top Secret Researcher
#11242 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 6:42 PM
That kids can play peek-a-boo with their younger siblings. So cute!
Lab Assistant
#11243 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:19 PM
That I immensely prefer Sims 3 over TS4 :'3

Long loading time and lag, here I come!~
#11244 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
You need bubble bath thingy to have a Sim make a bubble bath. Found that out when a Sim rolled a want for said interaction. Also it had to be placed on the tub. I didn't know the tub even had slots!

That's also where a candle and a rubber duck go as well.
Lab Assistant
#11245 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 3:03 AM Last edited by DerpyTanuki : 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:13 AM.
I almost screwed up every single unicorn that would ever appear in my game because of a bad package

Guys, don't download this: http://modthesims.info/d/459984
Scholar
#11246 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
This wasn't while PLAYING but I'm watching a show called Million Pound Cars and it keeps playing Sims 3 music. (I know there was a thread about Sims music in other things but that was a few years ago, wasn't it?) Go check it out; it's on Netflix and you see lots of awesome old cars.

In Simlish?
Scholar
#11247 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I'm a bit upset.
Following skydome's potion mod, I made a mod to give a male sim the "unexpected weight gain" moodlet from a potion. My sim hit himself with a fertile potion first. I wanted to see if I could get twin aliens...
So I fast forward (he's immortal, so I don't care about the passage of time) and while fast forwarding I see he autonomously gave himself a 'sunlight charm'.
Today I Learned: A sunlight charm ends the unexpected weight gain moodlet. I lost my babies.
I'm probably over reacting.

I had no idea the sunlight charm was also an abortion charm
BTW the potion mod is not mine. I was only giving suggestions that might help you add custom moodlets through potions.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#11248 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:10 PM
I discovered that if you have free will off, your sim will just go and hold a toddler in the household, it doesn't show in the menu, but it does for toddlers? Pretty strange...

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
#11249 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I discovered that if you have free will off, your sim will just go and hold a toddler in the household, it doesn't show in the menu, but it does for toddlers? Pretty strange...
Ha, so it is true. The first time I mentioned this I got so many disagrees that I believed that I was imagining it.
Lab Assistant
#11250 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:06 AM
I discovered that Minor Pets are too cute :lovestruc

And that even a small Bluebird can bite you hard
Screenshots
Page 450 of 490