Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 14602 (Who?), Viewed: 327636 times.
Page 585 of 585
Test Subject
#14601 Old Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Is it normal for the game to lag/drop fps for a sec when townies enter community lots?
Does a big amount of CC cause that (I don't think I've ever played without CC, except when troubleshooting)?
Can that cause crashing on cummonity lots becouse of too much CC?
Inventor
#14602 Old Today at 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
I have an Intel i7 - 3840QM at 2.8Ghz running UC on a laptop with Windows 7 64bit, 16GB ram. It handles it well, but the 3820 is even a bit faster. It's a lot faster than the AMD you mention. I do think the video card, ram, and OS are also important.

Thanks. Then I wont need to worry to switch to it when it arrives , if others simmers on here has a similar laptop. But I hesitated coz Im only familiar with the newer Intel i7 models like the 7000-8000's ones because the 3820 one is six years old.

Overall the AMD I have now is good enoug (with some minor tweaks) but the keyboard A key is getting wonky.

RAM , Ghz are only a margin different of Intel and AMD and fortunately Mac/Windows could be changed. Hardware Intel I7 were superior but as its can fit the whole game, im happy. 😜😋😁
Mad Poster
#14603 Old Today at 2:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabakuSasori
Is it normal for the game to lag/drop fps for a sec when townies enter community lots?
Does a big amount of CC cause that (I don't think I've ever played without CC, except when troubleshooting)?
Can that cause crashing on cummonity lots becouse of too much CC?

Yes, it's normal. It's pausing to run the randomizer to see who shows up.
If you're running enough custom content, particularly high-poly content, to strain your processor, some lag time is only to be expected. Other factors are lot size and number of sims on the lot. Other consequences might include graphic glitches or even crashing.

Do your best to maximize performance of your machine by adjusting your settings and being judicious about your choices. If you have to have the huge polycount hairs, you need to be satisfied with smaller lots.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 585 of 585