Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Children Can Read Skill Books - Supernatural: 9-23-12

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,689 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 121,274 Views
Uploaded: 20th Jul 2009 at 11:18 PM
Updated: 24th Sep 2012 at 12:03 AM - Updating For Sims 3 Supernatural

Sims 3 Supernatural

A few major changes to recipe, skill and general books were made by EA. The following changes were:

Added to the game:

- Fortune Teller books were added. (Job related and NOT child-enabled)
- Alchemy skillbooks were added.
- Potion recipes were added.
- Fishing book was added. (Toads, fairies and stuff)
- Lore books were added. (Vampires, fairies, witches, werewolves, ghosts and other supernatural creatures)

Removed from the game:

- Photography Volume 2 and 3 books were removed from the game. (done by EA)
- Martial Arts Volume 2 and 3 books were removed from the game. (done by EA)

MODS:

Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooksAndAllBuyableBooks-SU:

This mod makes all vacation, recipe and fishing books available (China, France and Egypt) in all of the worlds.

Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooks-SU:

This mod only allows the children to read the skill, fishing, recipe and potion books. All vacation-related books must be bought in China, France and Egypt.

CAUTION:

These mods WILL conflict with other mods affecting books and skills.

REQUIRED:

Chaavik-Skills-SU (Needed to display the skills in the children's Sim panels)

* Look at the screenshot of the child studying alchemy. You will see that she has the alchemy skill in her Sim panel. *

DIRECTIONS:

- Choose Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooksAndAllBuyableBooks-SU or Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooks-SU

You can't have BOTH mods installed at the same time. Choose one or the other.

Windows 7 (All Platforms including Enterprise):

C:\Users\****\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Windows 8 (Preview version):

Put the mods where they should be for your platform.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sims 3 Showtime:

Showtime has 3 new career opportunity books related to the new careers added by Showtime:

Magician
Singer
Performance artist

A handful of new vegetarian-themed recipe books were also added by Showtime:

Vegetarian Fish and Chips
Cheese and Tofu Steak
Tri Tip Tofu Steak
Stuffed Tursoykey (Stuffed Turkey recipe for vegetarians)
Fried Peanut Butter Banana

* I wasn't kidding when I read the titles of the new recipes. Although they sure sounded very good to me!*

----------

Sims 3 Pets

Sims 3 Pets has 3 new skill books related to horse riding.

Choose one mod flavor to suit your play style:

Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooks-PETS - Children can read all skill(including the new horse riding books), bait and recipe books. The vacation skill, bait and recipe books must be bought from the markets in the vacation worlds.

Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooksAndAllBuyableBooks-PETS - Children can read all skill, bait and recipe books. The vacation skill, bait and recipe books can be bought from the bookstores in the home worlds without having to go on vacation to get them.

Look below for more details about what type of books are available for children to read or for purchase from the bookstores.

CAUTION:

The All Buyable Books version -will- conflict with other mods enabling all skill, bait and recipe books to be available at the bookstores. Choose this mod or the other. Can't have both.

--------------------------

Sims 3 Generations Information

Generations had no new books, but the existing books are now handled in a different way by the game.

The previous mods will NOT work with Generations.

Two Mod Flavors:

Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooks-GEN

Description:

Enables children to read skillbooks, fishing bait books, recipes, vacation books, general and user-created books.

** Vacation books, fishing bait books and recipes still need to be bought from the markets in China, Egypt and France. **

Chaavik-ChildrenCanReadSkillbooksAndAllBuyableBooks-GEN

Description:

Enables children to read skillbooks, fishing bait books, vacation books and recipes, general and user-created books.

** Vacation books, fishing bait books and recipes can be bought from the bookstore in the main homeworld without going to China, Egypt or France. **

Both mods will allow children to read the following:

General and user-created books
Original skillbooks from Sims 3 - Cooking, Charisma, Gardening, Handiness, Logic
WA skillbooks - Improve Martial Arts Volume 1-3, Improve Photography Volume 1-3, Improve Nectar 1-3
Ambitions skillbooks - Improve Inventing Volume 1-3
Late Night skillbooks - Improve Bartending 1-3
Fishing bait books - all
Music sheets - all
Recipes - all
Toddler books - all

Special Note:

The above mods -REQUIRE- the expansion packs to be installed if you want the stuff from World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. Both mods will ignore those books, recipes, bait books and music sheets if you don't have any of these expansion packs.

Download:

ChildrenCanReadSkillbooks-2ModFlavors-GEN contains both mods to choose from.

Install Instructions:

Install the mod into the following location:

XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Vista and Windows 7:

Under Documents or wherever your Mods\Packages folder is

Mac:

Wherever your mod folder is.

** I don't know the directory path for Vista, 7 and Mac. Consult the tech forums for proper installation instructions pertaining to your operating system. **

Support:

I only provide support for my mods and no one else's.

Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware):

The AllBuyableBooks version -WILL- conflict with other mods enabling all books to be bought in the store. Use this one or the other, not both. Then both mods -WILL- conflict with other mods enabling children to read the books. No speed reading mods are included with these two mods. These two mods will work with other mods enabling all fruits, fish and foods to be bought at the market in the main homeworld. They have different files.

-----------------

Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff Information

The LN versions of the mods allowing children to read skill books and to buy almost every book in the bookstore can be used with Outdoor Living Stuff. I also forgot to mention previously that these mods also enable ALL recipes to be bought at the bookstore.

WARNING

Do not use any of these LN mods with other mods that allow all buyable books and all recipes such as Anak_ponti's version of Jenesis's old mods. These mods allow children to read skill books and gain fun as well allow all recipes and most books (career books are not included) to be bought at the bookstore.

------------------------------------------

Sims 3 Late Night

November 2nd, 2010:

Fixed Children Can Read Skill Books And All Buyable Books - LN to include the books not previously added:

Toddler books
Missing skill books from China, Egypt and France
Time Travel books

The file should be date stamped: 11-2-2010.

Please re-download if you have an earlier version.

NOTE:

Both Children Can Read Skill Books And All Buyable Books - LN and Children Can Read Skill Books - LN have the exact same stuff. Except that one version allows all books to be bought at the local bookstore in the main world.

October 31st, 2010:

Re-uploaded the fixed mod called Children Can Read Skill Books And All Buyable Books - LN. The date stamp on the file should be 10-31-10.

Download if you obtained the earlier LN version.

WHAT'S NEW IN LATE NIGHT:

Several new books were added by Late Night. The following are outlined below.

New Skill Books:

Bartending

New Sheet Music Books (At level 5 and higher):

Guitar
Piano
Bass Guitar
Drums

Children will still not read any career-related books as they have no use for the children because they can't have careers!

They will read almost any book.

ChildrenCanReadSkillbooksAndAllBuyableBooks-LN is available for those who want their children to read nearly any book and be able to buy any books from the local store.

ChildrenCanReadSkillbooks-LN is now available.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sims 3 Ambitions

WHAT'S NEW:

New changes have been made to improve the mods to allow children to be able to read almost any book available in the bookshelves at their home and the bookshelves at the library.

Children can study the new Ambitions books:

Inventing

SPECIAL NOTE:

Sculpting did not have any books available to study from, nor do other professions from Ambitions.

MODS:

The new version, ChildrenCanReadSkillBooksAndAllBuyableBooks-AM, enables ALL books to be bought at the local bookstore in your Sim's main neighborhood. This is the reason to reduce the conflicts between the other mods (all buyable books available at the bookstore) and my mods to allow children to read any of the skill books.

If you want only the mod to allow children to read skill books, get ChildrenCanReadSkillBooks-AM.

If you want both the children to read skill books and have all of the books available for purchase at the local bookstore, then get ChildrenCanReadSkillBooksAndAllBuyableBooks-AM.

What's fixed in the new mods for Ambitions:

The missing skill books from World Adventures were now added properly for children to study:

Photography (Skill books 1, 2 and 3)
Martial Arts (Skill books 1, 2 and 3)
Nectar Making (Skill books 1, 2 and 3)

NOTE:

Children should now read all of the books if they're enabled:

Books from China, Egypt and France
Recipe books
Skill books
General books

The only books I did not enable are:

Career books (Books adults bring home from their jobs to study for)
Toddler skill books

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Install the mod into the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\****\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages (XP)

GAME ISSUES:

I do not provide support for game issues that you may have with Sims 3.

MOD SUPPORT:

I provide support for my mods only.

GAME VERSION:

Sims 3 Ambitions Game Version: 4.0.87.006001

Try to make sure you patched to the latest version or Ambitions to be the version above.

-----------------------------------------------------------

World Adventures

New World Adventures books enable children to study as well traditional skillbooks:

Martial Arts
Photography
Nectar Making
Charisma
Cooking
Gardening
Handiness
Logic

Install Location:

New mods for World Adventures should be installed in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages (XP users)

Vista and Windows 7 users:

You will have to navigate to the main Sims 3 world Adventures folder to install the mods.

I can't help you with the install issues or questions because I don't use either Vista or Windows 7. You will have to search the Sims 3 forums for help installing them.

NOTE:

The new package, ChildrenCanReadSkillBooks-WA, is for World Adventures only. Install the appropriate mod.

Original Sims 3:

Children can now read the skill books that weren't originally available to them and gain skill points just like the teens, adults and elders do:

Gardening
Cooking
Charisma
Handiness

I am not sure if children can already read the recipes, but I assumed they can even if they can't read the skill books but gain skill points through the toy oven.

NOTE:

This mod may or may not conflict with other mods editing the skill books. Make sure to use Indie Stone's Compability Checker to check for any conflict.

Additional Credits:
Inge and Peter Jones crew - Hosting Sims 3 Tools
MTS - Hosting Sims 2/3 custom content
Paint.NET - Screenshots