Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:41 AM
Default cheating?
is it cheating to place the house then use free real estate to move my founder in and put the bare essentials then cheat the money down to normal?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#377 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eleven_Zero_Seven
question. like the original legacy do i have to buy a 50x50 lot and buy the knight

No, you can play on any lot you want and don't have to buy the knight. We're not that hardcore. You can also move lots during the course of the challenge, if you want.

is it cheating to place the house then use free real estate to move my founder in and put the bare essentials then cheat the money down to normal?

You mean place a house that costs(for example) $40,000, use the free real estate cheat to move the founder in, buy some stuff, and then cheat your money down to $0? That is considered cheating, yes. You only have the starting funds that CAS gives you available, so you'll have to start out with a cheaper house. Maybe you can save that one to move into next generation, if you make enough money!

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Test Subject
#378 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 9:19 PM
can we use moveobjects on, plus the alt to place things off grid and the [ ] fro resizing them
Scholar
#379 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:17 AM
Default A New Link!
Hi, guys! Well, I'm no stranger to Random Legacy, as I've been playing it since the Sims 2 days... But this time, I'm trying out a blog story... WITH AN HEIR VOTE.

That's right, guys, I'm going so random, I don't even know who the heir is going to be until the youngest is a teen!

My founder's name is Catherine Little. Read all about her on the blog link below!

I have the first chapter posted and the next three queued up for later. Go over and give it a read! (I'm going to aim to write up the second chapter tomorrow afternoon/evening...)

The Woman of the Night
Forum Resident
#380 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:15 AM
YAY Camp is still here! I might actually join you... maybe.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Instructor
Original Poster
#381 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:33 AM
can we use moveobjects on, plus the alt to place things off grid and the [ ] fro resizing them

Yes, of course. That's an example of a cheat that gives you no real gameplay benefit, as it's purely aesthetic. As a general rule, if you get no gameplay advantage over others who didn't use the cheat or mod, it's okay to use.

My sims blog
Scholar
#382 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:28 PM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 8th Jan 2017 at 10:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
YAY Camp is still here! I might actually join you... maybe.

LOL, yes LadyAwesome. Camp is not dead. Camp has been crazy busy in the last few years. Not like now is any less busy, really, but I'm back on the Sims train again.

Chapter 2 is up over on The Woman in the Night: 1.02 - It's Complicated
Test Subject
#383 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 2:02 AM
is it okay if i restart the challenage but keep the current family i have even tho ones a ghost and they have one kid or do i have to start from cas ?
Instructor
Original Poster
#384 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:15 PM
OMG you guys TODDLERS I'm so hyped! But I can't update my game because I'm playing a challenge with my friend and our mods will break if we update our games. Just do things that make sense ok? You can peek back at the sims 3 version of this challenge to see how it handled toddlers for stuff like deadbeat parents and perfect children, to get an idea of what might be expected. If having toddlers showing up all of a sudden manages to ruin your current generation in terms of a goal like that(maybe you don't have 9 extra days before one of your sim parents dies, for example) you get a free pass because this really came out of nowhere, just do your best.

I'll hopefully get to update soon.

is it okay if i restart the challenage but keep the current family i have even tho ones a ghost and they have one kid or do i have to start from cas ?

You have to start with a fresh sim from CAS, so that they don't have any existing skills, aspiration points, reward traits, etc.

My sims blog
Scholar
#385 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:20 AM
I may or may not have literally screamed for joy.
Scholar
#386 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 3:21 PM
Default New Chapter of the Little Legacy!
1.03 - An Unexpected Development

I really want to get these posts caught up this weekend so that I can dive back into the game after my toddler update. I didn't want to possibly break my Legacy game, so I've been playing around with my Build Newcrest game to test-run toddlers. OMG, Catherine is going to have her hands full... (Baby is already born in-game at the moment)
Test Subject
#387 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 9:39 PM
I want to try and create an actually generator for this so it could be easier
Scholar
#388 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sunshinesims1993
I want to try and create an actually generator for this so it could be easier

I know there was a generator made for TS3 (?) - I used to use it for most of the generic rolls for my TS2 legacies.
Test Subject
#389 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 3:31 PM
Well an update, My 3rd generation was born! And my 1st gen. heir died... here are some pictures of her over time! <3 R.I.P. Paige Taylor

Paige with her boyfriend

Normal day @ work

Paige with her oldest son(adopted) as a teen

Paige with her second oldest as he grows up to a Adult, only a couple hours before her death

Reading to her grandson, Jeffery

Me crying.
Scholar
#390 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:23 PM
Aaaaand....

The Woman of the Night 1.04 - Around the Bend

We are officially caught up. I confess to diving into Catherine's household last night any way - Sammy is officially the cutest toddler I have yet in this game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#391 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:24 PM
Okay so my friend and I decided to stop playing the challenge together so we could patch our games. My sim just gave birth to twins(!!!), so based on the experience I have I'll be updating the rules. Wish me luck, little Brad and Bryce are gonna be the guinea pigs for all your generations.

My sims blog
Instructor
Original Poster
#392 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:46 AM
Oh god. There's no food in the refrigerator. All my sim's needs are in the red. The crazy stalker ex won't stop camping my front door so I can let the nanny in. Employment? What's employment? Please send help.

Guidelines so far:
-the "toddler meals" from the high chair count as quick meals. Cooking your own food and feeding plates of that to your kids doesn't.
-the crazy stalker ex's need to be banished somehow if you rolled a single sim. They're not allowed to help out. You can lock them out, or kill them, and if you find another option please let me know. Hopefully EA patches it so we can remove them as caregivers soon.
-nanny is okay, possibly even ESSENTIAL, as long as you don't have the no service sims roll this generation.

My sims blog
Scholar
#393 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
Oh god. There's no food in the refrigerator. All my sim's needs are in the red. The crazy stalker ex won't stop camping my front door so I can let the nanny in. Employment? What's employment? Please send help.

Guidelines so far:
-the "toddler meals" from the high chair count as quick meals. Cooking your own food and feeding plates of that to your kids doesn't.
-the crazy stalker ex's need to be banished somehow if you rolled a single sim. They're not allowed to help out. You can lock them out, or kill them, and if you find another option please let me know. Hopefully EA patches it so we can remove them as caregivers soon.
-nanny is okay, possibly even ESSENTIAL, as long as you don't have the no service sims roll this generation.

Huh. I was wondering why Warren arrived out of the blue when Sammy aged up to toddler, and then REFUSED TO LEAVE.
Lab Assistant
#394 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 7:48 PM
Is it against the rules to add 8 days to the lifespan (4 days each in the YA and Adult stage) to compensate for the new inclusion of toddlers?
Instructor
Original Poster
#395 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikNak513
Is it against the rules to add 8 days to the lifespan (4 days each in the YA and Adult stage) to compensate for the new inclusion of toddlers?

I think that's a reasonable adjustment for your current generation, since toddlers weren't something you planned for. In future generations, though, stick to the vanilla age lengths, since having extra days gives you a pretty big advantage over other players who aren't using the mod you are. Things do look a little cramped, not just for the purposes of this challenge but in general, so maybe EA will take a look at things and either shorten toddlers up a bit or add a little extra time for young adults and adults.

Something else I'm considering is changing the challenge rules to allow the use of one young again potion per sim in the elder lifestage only, to give sims a reasonable chance to properly meet their grandchildren. This might be in addition to or instead of the two free uses we already have, I'm still thinking it over.

My sims blog
Lab Assistant
#396 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:37 PM
Alright, I'll change my settings back to default since I just started a new legacy. Although I do play with pregnancy aging on...
Test Subject
#397 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 10:07 PM
Default Random Legacy Roller?
Hi Tigger I've been playing your Random Legacy challenge for a good while now, and up until a number of months ago, I used a roller that was on the internet, which I liked very much. Now that site has been taken down, and I started rolling every category myself with Random.org. I really missed using the roller I earlier used, it was so quick and simple. My fiancè is studying to become a programmer, so I asked him if he was able to make a program that could roll for me, and he wanted to try. And it worked out really good. It's a .jar file, just a little window on the screen, really easy to use. I was wondering if this is something that's okay with you that I share? I don't know where I could upload it, it seems like the guidlines of uploading to MTS is not allowing that kind of content, but I'm not sure. But that is only an option if it's okay with you anyways.

I can show you how it looks:

I also asked him to add this little detail:

If it's not okay with you, I'll just have it for personal use. I'm sure that more people than myself miss the Random legacy roller, but I don't want to put it up without your consent.

I LOVE THE RANDOM LEGACY CHALLENGE... btw.
Instructor
Original Poster
#398 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:41 AM
I'm totally okay with you putting something like that up for download. My only request is that you put something on there that says the date version of the challenge it's for("Updated for the 12/3/16 version of the challenge" for example), so it's easy for people to make sure they're using something that's up-to-date. Also, I'd suggest marking which of the careers is the primary career("First(Primary) Career" for example), just to avoid any confusion there. Other than that, looks great! If people need more than 2 secondary careers, they can always hit the re-roll button.

I'm going to leave you guys with a poorly-lit picture of the two little devi- er, I mean the twins - eating some cheesy eyeballs on the sofa. Did you know that, firstly, cheesy eyeballs are classified as a dessert, and secondly, that toddlers get a sugar rush if you feed them desserts? It's so cute!

My sims blog
Test Subject
#399 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:03 PM
I totally agree that it needs a place where it says which version it is. My fiancè has also agreed to update it when there is updates on the challenge, as long as I keep an eye on it I don't know specifically when it will be up to download, but I will let you know
Test Subject
#400 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 4:53 AM
so for the new toddler update, do you have to max all the skills for the toddlers if you rolled perfect children that generation?
Page 16 of 26