Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#401 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:02 AM
Soooo my founder just died leaving a distraught widow, but no heirs. What is the recommended course of action under those circumstances? New game, or continue playing with the widow and make her the new founder?
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#402 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadowgirl303
so for the new toddler update, do you have to max all the skills for the toddlers if you rolled perfect children that generation?

That's part of what I'm testing right now, what's feasible for that given the fact that you might be under other constraints(only one caregiver, no nanny allowed, no days skipped from work, etc). My current thoughts are to get all five toddler skills to level 3, and pick one of the skills to raise to level 5. So that's max potty and one other skill, and all the other skills need to be at least level 3. Depending on how much wiggle room I have, I might require raising a second skill to level 5. I'm thinking that raising all four skills to level 5 is going to be too much, but we'll see how it goes. I'm halfway there.

Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
Soooo my founder just died leaving a distraught widow, but no heirs. What is the recommended course of action under those circumstances? New game, or continue playing with the widow and make her the new founder?

That means you've unfortunately just lost the challenge Was it at least a funny accident story? Feel free to begin a new random legacy using the widow if you'd like.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#403 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
That means you've unfortunately just lost the challenge Was it at least a funny accident story? Feel free to begin a new random legacy using the widow if you'd like.

He was in a new apartment with the 'Gremlins' trait and everything broke, and I had the Fixer Upper misc fun goal, so I was getting him and his missus to repair *all* the items that broke over night. He got electrocuted once and was dazed and there was really only a couple of things left to repair, so I thought... why not?

Apparently imminent death is why not.
Test Subject
#404 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 8:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger89
That's part of what I'm testing right now, what's feasible for that given the fact that you might be under other constraints(only one caregiver, no nanny allowed, no days skipped from work, etc). My current thoughts are to get all five toddler skills to level 3, and pick one of the skills to raise to level 5. So that's max potty and one other skill, and all the other skills need to be at least level 3. Depending on how much wiggle room I have, I might require raising a second skill to level 5. I'm thinking that raising all four skills to level 5 is going to be too much, but we'll see how it goes. I'm halfway there.

I think im gonna roll with that for now. Because I just started the challenge and I happened to roll Perfect children
Test Subject
#405 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:47 PM
So, this might be a stupid question, but for Generation 1, I rolled mixed couple with 1 child. The couple ended up having twin boys rather than just one baby. Does this mean I failed the challenge since my sims had more than 1 biological child?
Instructor
Original Poster
#406 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kidhedera
He was in a new apartment with the 'Gremlins' trait and everything broke, and I had the Fixer Upper misc fun goal, so I was getting him and his missus to repair *all* the items that broke over night. He got electrocuted once and was dazed and there was really only a couple of things left to repair, so I thought... why not?

Apparently imminent death is why not.

Ah yeah, gremlins are intense, even when you can hire a repairman. I found having a repair hierarchy helped. For example, I'd repair the main bathroom(3 plumbing devices), and the kitchen sink, then I'd mop the kitchen before doing the important kitchen appliances(stove and fridge). If I had time, I'd do the other bathroom(2 plumbing) and the other 2 kitchen things. If I really had a day off, I'd do the other things(computer, radio, tv). It does get better at higher handiness skill, though! Starting off is just insane, that trait does not mess around.

Quote: Originally posted by shadowgirl303
So, this might be a stupid question, but for Generation 1, I rolled mixed couple with 1 child. The couple ended up having twin boys rather than just one baby. Does this mean I failed the challenge since my sims had more than 1 biological child?

No, in the case of multiples that bring you over the amount of children you should have, you're not penalized. In your case, you were actually supposed to have two, since "mixed couple" means have at least one child biologically and one child adopted, so "1 child" rolls are treated as if you'd rolled "2 children." However, since you had twins, that turns into three children because you still have to adopt one more. Hope you've got room in the house!

My sims blog
Test Subject
#407 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 10:37 PM
Okay good, I thought that but just wanted to be sure. I think im gonna add a basement to the house so that there is room for 1 more child later on
Test Subject
#408 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 1:55 PM
Wooow, my first generation rolls a kinda ridiculous---but in the best way! (Seriously I didn't reroll at all, its like fate):

Single w/ 2 children
Primary Career, Unconventional, Party Host(ess): throw social events and sell rewards. (Sounds like a good way to meet my baby-daddies)
Generation Challenge: Party King/Queen: host every kind of party with a gold medal in each. (Mmkay, wonder where I'll find the time? lol)
For Fun: Half-Siblings, children born this generation must be from different partners. (Gee, you're asking a lot here.. xD)

With a first gen like this, I'm sure my next will be border-line impossible.
Instructor
Original Poster
#409 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluffy_fan22
Wooow, my first generation rolls a kinda ridiculous---but in the best way! (Seriously I didn't reroll at all, its like fate):

Single w/ 2 children
Primary Career, Unconventional, Party Host(ess): throw social events and sell rewards. (Sounds like a good way to meet my baby-daddies)
Generation Challenge: Party King/Queen: host every kind of party with a gold medal in each. (Mmkay, wonder where I'll find the time? lol)
For Fun: Half-Siblings, children born this generation must be from different partners. (Gee, you're asking a lot here.. xD)

With a first gen like this, I'm sure my next will be border-line impossible.

Well, here's a tip: dates count as social events, they're fast and easy, and a gold medal date gets a reward that sells for $250. You should have no problem meeting and wooing baby daddies, and at least your goal meshes perfectly with your primary career.

Alright, so vampires. They don't seem exceptionally cheaty this time around, except for immortality. My ruling, until I get to play with them some, is that vampires are allowed if you want, but they may not stay in the household forever, even if they're still alive. All members of generation X must have died or moved out by the time generation X+2 reaches young adult. For example, your generation 1 founder is a vampire. Generation 2 comes of age, and that's fine, he can stay just like other previous generation helpers and parents. Generation 3 is born, and that's still fine, he gets to party with his grandkids. But when generation 3 comes of age, he can't stick around and keep on helping out. He has to move out, though he can still visit and be visited. Does that seem fair?

My sims blog
Lab Assistant
#410 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 11:00 AM
Hellos! I have a question about the Fighter roll. So it says I can pick which sim is the fighter: my founder, partner or helper (since I rolled Couple with Help). I actually rolled to see which of my sims would be the fighter and turns out it is the helper. Thing is, I only have my founder at the moment.

So my question is, should I have my founder fight in the meantime until I find a helper, or should I just start when I have a helper moved in?
Instructor
Original Poster
#411 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
Hellos! I have a question about the Fighter roll. So it says I can pick which sim is the fighter: my founder, partner or helper (since I rolled Couple with Help). I actually rolled to see which of my sims would be the fighter and turns out it is the helper. Thing is, I only have my founder at the moment.

So my question is, should I have my founder fight in the meantime until I find a helper, or should I just start when I have a helper moved in?

You're supposed to create all generation 1 people(founder, first partner(if any), and any helpers) in CAS. If you choose to move them in later I guess that's only hurting you(provided you get rid of the extra 20k, if the sims you move in bring money with them), but if you want the helper to be the fighter you'll have to move them in before the end of the first week or else you'll fail that roll.

My sims blog
Lab Assistant
#412 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 10:28 PM Last edited by MattBrancher : 29th Jan 2017 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
You're supposed to create all generation 1 people(founder, first partner(if any), and any helpers) in CAS. If you choose to move them in later I guess that's only hurting you(provided you get rid of the extra 20k, if the sims you move in bring money with them)

Maybe it's because I used to play the regular legacy challenge way back in the days of the Sims 2, but I've always prefered starting with one single sim. I like the challenge. (Or maybe it's because I live vicariously through that one sim. xD)
if you want the helper to be the fighter you'll have to move them in before the end of the first week or else you'll fail that roll.

And I see, thanks for the input.
Instructor
Original Poster
#413 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 12:33 AM
Alright, I think I got all the changes put in:

1. Updated rule #11 with a new clause about moving old generations out
2. New rule #22 regarding supernaturals
3. Updated marital status: Single
4. Updated goal: Perfect Children
5. Updated goal: Deadbeat Parents
6. Updated goal: Domestic Dilemma
7. Updated fun: Homemade
8. Updated fun: Health Nut

Let me know if I overlooked something.

My sims blog
Test Subject
#414 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 6:31 PM
I've read the rules a couple of times and have what is probably a REALLY dumb question. But, I know we have to complete: number of kids, generation goal, and fun goal. Do we have to complete the aspiration and reach the top level of the career, as well? Or is that only when the goals specifically call for it.

Thanks, by the way, for this challenge! I've just started but am really enjoying so far.
Instructor
Original Poster
#415 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmerkayla
I've read the rules a couple of times and have what is probably a REALLY dumb question. But, I know we have to complete: number of kids, generation goal, and fun goal. Do we have to complete the aspiration and reach the top level of the career, as well? Or is that only when the goals specifically call for it.

Thanks, by the way, for this challenge! I've just started but am really enjoying so far.

Only when the goals call for it! I'm glad you're having fun.

My sims blog
Test Subject
#416 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:38 PM
I've been doing this challenge for about a week now and I have been loving it! My fourth generation are currently all children/toddlers.
I've been making a family tree on http://www.theplumtreeapp.com , my tree so far can be seen here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/publ...d4b160e1ef25b37
The very top ones I used genetics to just make for the sake of a picture, my original heir was Lucy, there are some crazy bio's for some of the left side of the tree if you click on the pictures

I think the most interesting rolls I had so far was for my second heir I rolled couple, but I also got half-siblings for F, and had to have at least 3 kids. So I basically made a separate mini apartment with the basics, flirted with women until I could ask them to move in, locked the door for everyone except the heir, knocked up the side chick, and then moved them out once the baby was born. Although I learned that vampires who have the bat trait (the heir's wife) can ignore doors altogether, because I was doing stuff with the kids and all of a sudden I see the side chick all angry and its because the wife was in there flirting with the heir. Had to lock the door for everyone after that!

First Gen:
Heir: Lucy Traebert
A) Single w/ 3 Helpers (I made her a triplet and the brother and sister were the helpers, and the sisters husband)
B) 2 kids (managed to have quadruplets when trying for my 2nd child...)
Heir: C2) Freelance Author
Helper 1: C2) Freelance comedian
Helper 2: C2) Space Explorer
Helper 3: C1) Secret Agent
E) Collector (I chose fishing)
F) Runs in the Family

Worst part of this generation: Having the quadruplets (my mistake with using MCCC) thank the lord for the helpers, and only having 1 conventional job out of the 4. Toddler stage was HORRIBLE!

Second Gen:
Heir: Vlad Traebert
My actual heir only had one child, the helpers had the other 1(4!) so no choice in the heir this generation.
A) Couple
B) 4 kids
Heir: C) Career Hopper
Spouse: C2) Freelance Musician
E) Expansionist
F) Half-Siblings

Worst part of this generation: I had mostly vampires, because the baby daddy of my heir was one, and the heir's wife was one. The sims will just stand outside in the sun when they get home from work/school. I was counting the days until the heir hit YA because I was just so done with this generation, lol

Third Gen:
Heir: Aleksy Traebert
I randomly rolled for the heir, managed to get one of the half-siblings, and the only one who wasn't born a vampire!
A) Mixed Single w/ 1 Helper (chose Heir's older sister)
B) 5 kids
Heir: C1) Doctor
Helper: C2) Freelance Author
E) Themed Display
F) Clubber

I actually really like this generation, I didn't have to get all kinds of women pregnant, and I was able to adopt some of the kids so that was awesome.

Fourth Gen:

I did a random roll for the Heir and managed to get the youngest and only biological child of my 3rd Heir.
A) Mixed Couple
B) 5 kids
Heir C1): Forgot, will update when I have my notes XD
Spouse C1):
E) Perfect Careers
F) Perfect Attendance (I feel like this will be a huge pain)
Test Subject
#417 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Eremis : 12th Feb 2017 at 7:18 AM.
Gonna post my rolls here, I'm excited to get back in to this again. I just came back to Sims 4 with the new Expansion to see that toddlers have been added too!

Generation I

Marital Status: Couple
No. of Children: 3
Primary Career: Criminal (Boss)
Secondary Career: Freelance Musician
Generation Goal: Perfect Careers
Misc.: Town Explorer

Heir/Founder: Rafael Nomad
Spouse: Colette Nomad

Plum Tree Family Tree: Nomad Family Tree

This roll looks like a lot of fun. So far I've gone with a Male founder, and I'm going to alternate Heir genders. So the next heir MUST be female, then male etc.
Rafael is a douche, it's great, I don't often play like this. He has the Mean, Evil and Genius traits so he's set to be a criminal mastermind and his aspiration is Fabulously Wealthy. I decided to start them (Colette and Rafael) as newly weds in a large apartment in the City Life map. So far so good! Colette rolled as a Freelance Musician, so she has this Jazz vocal thing going on, not sure if I'm gonna pair it with guitar or piano yet! She doesn't really use it to make money, so Rafael is bringing home the bacon so to speak!

They've had their first child already (Victoria) and are expecting another, and go figure, looks like Colette is doing most of the work with Rafael either out at work, sleeping or busy being a jerk. I've already had a vampire try to make some moves on Colette, which I giggled at as he teleported around the apartment while I tried to tell him to bugger off.

For the Town Explorer roll, I take Rafael out on the town once or twice a week for some mischief, pick pocketing and other general douchebaggery, leaving poor Colette at home with the baby :C Why does she put up with him? At least she has Victoria!

Scholar
#418 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 1:11 AM
1.05 Growing Pains

New chapter for Woman of the Night!! Fussy toddlers, relationship woes and a new club for Willow Creek!
Test Subject
#419 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 6:13 AM
So I have a few questions and I'm sorry if they have already been asked!
I really want to do this challenge, just want to make sure I have everything right..

When you roll for the secondary job, what happens if you roll for a conventional job but already rolled one for the primary job? or do you not have to have a secondary job?

If you roll helpers, do they stay for as long as you'd like or just for that generation? and do they have to be a certain age?

for the collector goal does each individual have to pick their own thing to collect or does it mean all of them collect the same thing till its completed?
Test Subject
#420 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyseryan32
When you roll for the secondary job, what happens if you roll for a conventional job but already rolled one for the primary job? or do you not have to have a secondary job?

As far as I know, 'Secondary Job' is only for any helpers/spouses that might be present and 'Primary Job' is only for your Heir. So both your heir and helper/spouse would have conventional jobs in this case, you do not need a secondary job.

If you roll helpers, do they stay for as long as you'd like or just for that generation? and do they have to be a certain age?

Helpers can stay until the heir's grandchildren come of age, and I believe they need to be at least Young Adult. "all sims of a given generation must have either left this mortal coil or have moved out by the time their grandchildren come of age. For example, a sim who was part of generation 1 may remain in the household until the generation 3 heir comes of age, but at that point they must move out."

for the collector goal does each individual have to pick their own thing to collect or does it mean all of them collect the same thing till its completed?

All family members of that generation can contribute to this. You only have to complete ONE collection, so each family member can help towards that goal. For example, they can all go out and find/breed frogs to complete the frog collection. This is how I interpreted the rules and I may be wrong!

I hope this helps, and again this is just MY interpretation of the rules so I could be wrong and would gladly accept any corrections! :D
Test Subject
#421 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 12:39 PM
My first Gen is almost completed, So I figured I'd post an update!

A couple of highlights from this Gen:
- Rafael went out of his way every day to be a jerk to a specific vendor in the plaza below their apartment, I don't even remember how many times it resulted in fisticuffs, but it was great
- Victoria was interested in the occult since childhood, and asked Lilith to turn her when she aged to teen
- Subsequently, on aging up to YA she woo'd the shit out of Lilith and now they're a cute master-fledgling vampire couple
- Pierre provided all the meals for the family, but even though the fridge was full of amazing quality meals, the family tended to grab bowls of cereal instead. Thanks fam.
- Colette got fat. Then she got thin. She didn't really do anything this gen, besides look after the toddlers... kind of? But hey, she has max singing, guitar and piano skill, right?

With so many sims in the household, It was pretty hectic. Especially during the toddler stage! But I had a lot of fun and fell in love with all of them!

Generation II

Marital Status: Single w/ 2 Help
No. of Children: 1
Primary Career: Painter (Master of the Real)
Secondary Career: Carpenter
Secondary Career: Culinary (Chef)
Generation Goal: Change of Scenery
Misc.: Fixer Upper

Heir: Rosalie Nomad
Helper 1: Victoria Nomad
Helper 2: Pierre Nomad

Plum Tree Family Tree: Nomad Family Tree

So my first generation is finally coming to an end, Rafael has nearly met his Generational Goal of a perfect career in the Criminal branch which means that his heir for Gen 2 (Rosalie) and her siblings are moving out on their own soon. This will also complete THEIR generational goal! I chose to keep Rosalie's siblings on as helpers because Victoria and Ros are quite close, while Pierre... well he can cook okay? Victoria is pretty protective of Ros too, and while Ros isn't too keen on the whole Vampirism thing, she supports Victoria completely.

From Left to Right: Victoria, Pierre, Rosalie

Test Subject
#422 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eremis

I hope this helps, and again this is just MY interpretation of the rules so I could be wrong and would gladly accept any corrections! :D

Thank you!! that works for me I was planing on sorta tweaking this to my taste and for a story anyways but just wanted to know.
Test Subject
#423 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 4:47 PM
I just started this and have a quick question. It turns out that my sim's love interest has 2 kids. My roll is to have 3 kids in this generation. Will her soon-to-be husband's kids count towards those 3 or do they need to have 3 together?
Test Subject
#424 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 6:14 PM Last edited by godofallbeauties : 10th Mar 2017 at 9:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LeighK
I just started this and have a quick question. It turns out that my sim's love interest has 2 kids. My roll is to have 3 kids in this generation. Will her soon-to-be husband's kids count towards those 3 or do they need to have 3 together?

I’m asking myself the exact same thing. Looking at the rules again I think the answer may be found within number 10:
10. The heir may be any sim that you want, provided they were born to or adopted by the previous generation's heir. While children of helpers, provided they are raised in the household, count towards the total number of children for the generation, they are not eligible to become the next heir.[...]

It says, even the children of helpers- and a spouse is more or less just a glorified helper- count towards the generation goal when raised in the active household.
My personal interpretation would be that any children moving in together with a love interest and stay in the household until reaching young adult stage actually do count as well. Just as they don’t count when they are left with their other parent/ whatever relative may be able to take them in instead.
Concerning the eligibility of any children that join the family in a way like this, I would probably just treat them like any regularly adopted children rule-wise.

Well, at least that’s how I will handle things until further clarification by the challenge author, I guess.
Lab Assistant
#425 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 1:49 PM
This challenge looks intense! I have a question, though. Do you count points during it like in the classic Legacy Challenge or is it just pass-fail?
Page 17 of 26