Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#5776 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
And having random NPCs standing around staring through the windows.

Can't the Grim Reaper do that? Imagine the Grim Reaper coming onto your lot at 3 am and staring through your window. He knows you killed a child and he's warning you.

God, that is terriying.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#5777 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 3:27 PM
That would be so coooool if the grim reaper would do that! I loved in sims 1 when he would play ding dong ditch in the middle of the night. I used to pretend it was portent for the poor souls whose door he chose. mwahh ha ha

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#5778 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 10:15 PM
They could even give Grimmie a little custom dialogue like "Billy is not supposed to be haunting past Midnight, I'm taking him home"

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#5779 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
I've been pondering about this all day: I wonder if you can add a custom hair color to all hairs. For example, someone includes a 'light brown' color in their hair recolor set. What if I wanted to take that light brown and make it universal for hairs of both genders and all ages (excluding elders), along with making them genetic? I dabbled in age conversion hairs for a short while with the binning tool here but I never ventured into custom color territory.
Theorist
#5780 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I've been pondering about this all day: I wonder if you can add a custom hair color to all hairs. For example, someone includes a 'light brown' color in their hair recolor set. What if I wanted to take that light brown and make it universal for hairs of both genders and all ages (excluding elders), along with making them genetic? I dabbled in age conversion hairs for a short while with the binning tool here but I never ventured into custom color territory.

If you wanted to expand it to all possible hair styles available you'd have to create a custom version of every hairstyle in bodyshop then alter the texture to fit with the new colour. If you were to create a light brown colour for every hairstyle they would then be found in the generic custom hairstyle category in CAS by default or you could use a binning tool to put them into the same category as the regular brown hair (or the blond, if you prefer). It's unfortunately not possible to add a specific "light brown" category for them to be in
There are some downloads that work that way, adding another shade (which is then found either under the generic custom category or under the basegame hair colour category that fits closest), with varying levels of completeness.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#5781 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
If you wanted to expand it to all possible hair styles available you'd have to create a custom version of every hairstyle in bodyshop then alter the texture to fit with the new colour. If you were to create a light brown colour for every hairstyle they would then be found in the generic custom hairstyle category in CAS by default or you could use a binning tool to put them into the same category as the regular brown hair (or the blond, if you prefer). It's unfortunately not possible to add a specific "light brown" category for them to be in
There are some downloads that work that way, adding another shade (which is then found either under the generic custom category or under the basegame hair colour category that fits closest), with varying levels of completeness.

I figured that much. I never tried to make my own custom stuff, so this is good to know. It shouldn't be too hard to create all of them, I could definitely try . I'll hunt around for a tutorial to save.
Scholar
#5782 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 12:33 PM
Would it be possible to remove a child's curfew with modding? Wouldn't this also remove the glitch?
Scholar
#5783 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 3:01 PM
Will Wright's announced he's working on a new game. I threw up a link in the appropriate sub:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609273
Scholar
#5784 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:15 PM
Sims often roll a fear of having a pet removed, but I don't recall ever seeing one roll a fear of having a child removed.
Mad Poster
#5785 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:19 PM
I've never seen either of these. Guess they don't see the warnings; and oddly, they often don't much care.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#5786 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 1:02 AM
It's not often I'm happy at a Sim dying but after a year of no deaths with realsickness, I downloaded what I was told was a more lethal version. The first sickness was a teenager. He died suddenly on the second day. "Finally!" I said out loud, almost clapping hands. I fear I may not be celebrating a death from now on. Two others in the family are now sick...
Mad Poster
#5787 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:58 AM
I ended up sleeptyping on the MTS Discord this morning (generally confusing everyone and/or making them think I was on drugs), and came up with this very important advice: "Dont play sims when skydiving." Yeah...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5788 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 9:57 PM
"Dont play sims when skydiving." Yeah...

YES! And you know what happens when THEY fall out of the sky!!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#5789 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by yavannatw : 25th Mar 2018 at 7:44 AM.
The day stretches ahead of me and I have nothing planned and nothing that needs doing... I can play Sims ALL day!!! :D

Edit: Well, hell, I don't know where the day went. I only played 2 semesters each of 2 dorms at Academie le Tour. Even with shorter semesters, it takes forever to play. Oh wait, I did play a couple of days of a couple that just got married, so the day doesn't quite seem so entirely wasted.
Mad Poster
#5790 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:18 AM
In Emerald Heights, I gave the Rotspatz family (the one with all the ladies, not the two cousins) MsBarrow's fox breed. It's actually a cat. They seem like the kind of family to have a half-tame fox in their yard.

I've been making good use of Sophie-David's natural pet bed. I also have Sun&Moon's natural pet food but until the snakes and gophers actually come out I've been supplementing it with leftovers and treats. I also have an invisible scratching post and moveobject'd it into a tree.

It is pretty funny when it meows, though.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5791 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:09 AM
I tried that natural pet food, but it tanked the environment score on the lot and gave sims the flu. Nobody else has complained of such things, so I wonder if there's a part of the download I didn't get installed, or there's a mod conflict that undid the suppression of those roach side effects. (Because they're cloned from the roaches.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5792 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:24 AM
I believe on the forum post it said certain types of food decrease environment score and made Sims sick while others didn't, but I don't quite recall the details.

Mad Poster
#5793 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM
I had understood that to only be the rats (fair enough), which I wasn't using on the lot in question. I should probably reread the post.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5794 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 1:48 AM
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=7120

Quote:
While this is based on the game roaches, not all critters will lower environmental score or make Sims sick. For example, birds won't cause them to complain, but seeing rats will. However, since autonomy for Sims is turned off they will generally ignore critters and not interfere with pets being able to hunt and eat. There are the options to kill (by spraying) and dispose of critters just in case pets are not up to the task.

It sounds like rats were one of the ones to make Sims sick but not the only one.

Lab Assistant
#5795 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:20 AM
The repo man is kind of cute...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Top Secret Researcher
#5796 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I tried that natural pet food, but it tanked the environment score on the lot and gave sims the flu. Nobody else has complained of such things, so I wonder if there's a part of the download I didn't get installed, or there's a mod conflict that undid the suppression of those roach side effects. (Because they're cloned from the roaches.)

I also tried it but it didn't work, the dog nearly starving because it refused to eat anything. Turns out it was a finicky eater. Bad luck on trying it out on that dog!
Mad Poster
#5797 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:48 AM
People in the thread have mentioned that Aaroneous's finicky pet fix will work.

Scholar
#5798 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:50 AM
I ended up sleeptyping on the MTS Discord this morning (generally confusing everyone and/or making them think I was on drugs), and came up with this very important advice: "Dont play sims when skydiving." Yeah...

Following this advice is wise, if not the sort of thing anyone, except the infamous fire-eating Sim Jasmine Tai, would consider attempting...
Mad Poster
#5799 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 4:30 AM Last edited by Zarathustra : 25th Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM.
I feel like if the plane was high enough when you jumped though, you might be able to rush a Sim through getting ready to go to work in the morning, before the computer was smashed to pieces hitting the ground at terminal velocity...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#5800 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:55 PM
Cats & dogs have more eye colors than sims, and some of them would look really pretty on sims. *Goes to research how to extract those eye colors*
Page 232 of 511